If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Women Sandals 2019 New Summer Leather Sandals Flip Flop Flat Sandals Casual Beach shoes Ladies 43,Brown,10 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Jamais-Vu Women Slingback Flat Sandals Rome Summer Gladiator Sandals with Ankle Strap,Navy,6,, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new TZJY-Store Leather Genuine Women's Flat Heel Sandals Fashion Women's Summer shoes Sandals at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Via Spiga Womens Tallis Loafer Loafer
- LZWSMGS PU Women's shoes PU Summer Rhinestones Toe Wedge Sandals Fashion Casual Beach shoes Outdoor Comfortable Sandals gold Silver 35-41cm Ladies Sandals (color gold, Size 5.5 US)
- WeenFashion Women's PU Spikes-Stilettos Round-Toe Pumps-shoes with Leopard Pattern and Thin High-Heeled
- Ruiatoo Fashion Sneakers for Women Men Ultra Lightweight Casual Breathable Running shoes Athletic Gym Fitness
- AmoonyFashion Womens Round-Toe Closed-Toe High-Heels Boots with Slipping Sole and Zippers
- Navoku Women's Ankle Strap Leather Wedge Sandles Sandals
- AmoonyFashion Women's Imitated Suede Low-Top Solid Zipper High-Heels Boots with Metal
- Herstyle Canal Women's Casual Bowknot Moccasins Driving Loafers Slip on Flat shoes
- MARHEE Knee High Boots Women Over The Knee Leather Heel Boots Square Toe Heel Zip Boots Black
- Nike Unisex Adults’ Superfly 6 Academy Ic Low-Top Sneakers
- York Zhu Women's Boots,Anti Slip Winter Ankle Boots Casual Hiking Boots
- WeenFashion Women's Frosted Ankle-High Solid Pull-On Kitten-Heels Boots, AMGXX110886
- MAYPIE Womens ToaheadK Leather Slip-on Ankle Boots
- BalaMasa Womens Metal Buckles Grommets Tassels Imitated Suede Boots ABL11091
- B&Q Men's Breathable Lightweight Waterproof Walking Hiking Trail Suede shoes
- Marc Fisher Womens Idalee2 Ankle Boot
- AW-YTXYDY Women's Retro Booties, Sheepskin Material, Work Shopping Travel, Wear Slip Resistant (35-40 Yards) (color Brown, Size 35)
- Clarks Originals Womens Wallabee Black Suede shoes 9 US
- CJC shoes Unisex Men's Boy's Football Boots Spikes Teenagers Soccer Training Professional Outdoor Anti-Skid Breathable (color GREEN, Size EU36 UK3.5)
- Skechers Men's Burst- Donlen Trainers
- Black Thick High Heels Leather Women Slippers Hoof Heels Slides Square Toe Footwe,
- Womens Boots Green Elastic Knit Sock Boots Ladies Open Toe High Heels Fashion Kardashian Ankle Boots Women Pumps
- Dike Glider Garish S1P Safety shoes Bordo Wine Tester
- Converse CTAS PRO HI Mens Fashion-Sneakers 160533C
- Irish Setter Work Men's Mesabi Steel Toe 83838 Boot
- ELFY Woman's Chunky Heel Open Toe Sandals Fashion Heeled Dress Sandals
- AIYOUMEI Women's Lace Up Pointed Toe Low Heel Booties Autumn Winter Ankle Boots with Rivets
- WeiPoot Women's PU Kitten-Heels Buckle Solid Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Wallhewb Women's Stylish Sequined Strappy Sandals - Open Toe Buckle Cross Strap - Block High Heels Gladiators shoes Breathable Dress Sweet No Grinding Feet Leather Silver 5 M US Strap shoes
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Dabbing Xmas Snowman
- SEERTED bluee Daisy Flower Womens Slip On Sneakers
- Gcanwea Fashion Women Height Increasing Waterproof Wedges Sneakers Pu Leather Printing Platform Casual shoes No Grinding Feet with Dress Pink 4.5 M US Casual shoes
- Skechers Women's Laramie 2 Engineer Boot
- Patricia Green Women's Lobster Crab Navy 10 M US
- Men's Outdoor Sports shoes Low Cut Casual shoes Korean Fashion Running shoes with Single shoes
- PUMA Men's R698 3M Snow Pack Running shoes
- GUESS Womens Abri Mid Calf Boot
- Made In Italia - Romano
- Black Isotoner Zenz Women's Sport Mesh Elastic Slip-On Walking shoes
- Reebok - Royal Techque T - CN4288
- Viktor & Rolf Women's Pony Hair Leather Loafers shoes
- ZIXUAP Men's Leather Dress shoes Casual shoes Slip On Plain Toe Loafer shoes Men Formal Classic Comfortable Business shoes
- Sandals Men's Summer, Outdoor Slippers Beach shoes
- Adidas Control Low SG, Men's Football Boots
- PUMA Men's Ferrari Roma Sneaker, Whisper White, 12 M US
- Beige (Taupe) Hush Puppies Men's Furman Sway Derbys
- Sneakers Casual Running shoes Ant Abstract Lightweight Breathable Mesh Walking Men Women shoes For Sports Athletic Gym Travel
- 2 Lips Too Womens Too Stacie Heeled Sandal
- CHENGXIAOXUAN Women's High-Heeled Slippers Fashion Flip-Flops High-Heeled Flip Flops Summer Non-Slip Thick-Soled Beach shoes Sweet Bow Sandals and Slippers
- Summer Women Flip Flops Flat Sandals shoes Flat Heel Peep Toe Sandals shoes Ladies Beach Flip-flops
- VIC Women's Classic Canvas Sneaker Black
- 1TO9 Womens Solid Smooth Leather Dance-Ballroom Urethane Pumps shoes MMS06502
- SANOMY Women Winter Knee High Boots Buckle Zip Pointed Toe Fashion Motorcycle Heels Size 34-43
- BalaMasa Womens Nubuck Lace-Up Warm Lining Urethane Boots ABL11556
- T-JULY Ladies Satin Latin Tango Salsa Tango Dance Sandals for Women Sparkle Glitter Heels Peep Toe Morden Ballroom shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Yuren Snow Ladies Buckle Back Strap Sandals Embroidery Fabric Flowers shoes European Style Flat Sandalias women from ASHIJIN Nubuck Leather Bags Rivet Women Larger Bags Hair Ball Shoulder Bag Messenger Bag-Hand was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a ASHIJIN 2 Pieces Set of Fashion Female Black Handbag to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust CHALi99 Comfort Women Lightweight Mesh shoes Lemons with Leaves On Black Sneakers Workout Rubber Sole of structured cabling, JOYBI Women's Flat Slides Sandals Open Toe Suede Dress Party Beach Casual Comfy Walking Slip On Low Heel Sandal, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, CHALi99 Casual Womens Lightweight Mesh shoes Litter Yeelow Lemon Pattern Sneakers Travel Soft Sole, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
CHALi99 Fashion Women Lightweight Mesh shoes Deep Purple Sunflower Sneakers Walking Shock AbsorbingAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Spring Warner Personalized Print Casual shoes Food Fruit Fish Pattern Walking shoes Flexible Lightweight Sneakers ERU36-41 for Women (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- CHENSF Womens Foldable Soft Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Bow Comfort Slip on Flats
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This IDIFU Women's Sexy Ankle Strap Stiletto High Heel Faux Suede Pearl Sandals with Platform illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Clown- Flats Retro Leopard Print Flats Sandals Beach shoes Thick-Soled Cork Slippers runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide SXGANG Women's Baby colorful Cute Pig Playing with Ball and Hula Hoop Ride A Bicycle Printed Lace-up Canvas shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- KKEPO& Fashion Women High Wedge Canvas shoes Woman Casual shoes Comfortable Lace Up Platform Sneakers Wedges Denim shoes Breathable 03 bluee 6, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- CHENSF Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Strap Bow Stiletto Satin Wedding Dress Pumps
- Adults Furry Monster Adventure Slippers, Comfortable Novelty Warm Winter Big Hobbit Feet Slippers development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
DoraTasia Women's Sweet Chunky Heel Round Toe Cut-Out Mary Janes Ankle Buckle Strap Girls SandalsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the New Women Summer Beach Travel shoes Summer Platform Sandals 1 Pair Multiple Sizes Big Toe Bone Correcting Sandals Comfortable Beach Travel shoes Fashion Sandals,42of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Yuren Snow Classic Genuine Leather Wedges Sandals Women Gladiator Sandals Female Platform shoes Sandalias describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from GUJMin Mother shoes Flat shoes Casual Fashion Canvas shoes Dance shoes Women's shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Disposable Slippers, Closed Toe Spa Slippers for Men and Women, Non-Slip Slippers for Hotel, Home, Guest Use, (10 Pairs)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its IDIFU Women's Casual Low Chunky Heels Lace Up Short Ankle Boots Riding Booties (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by DBQWTY Women's Fashion Summer Workplace Leisure Water Drill Sandals Fashion Open-Toed Sandals Slope-Heeled Sandals, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Women Sandals Summer Sandals Soft Leather Sandal shoes Women Ladies Flip Flop Flats,gold,7Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist