If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Skechers 52430 BLK Hi-Lites Conestoga Men Soft Memory Foam 7.5 US allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Lucky Brand 11-520725 Men's Styles Slip On Sneaker, Grey - 8.5 D(M) US, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Bogs Men's Workman Waterproof Insulated Composite Toe Work Rain Boots at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Dr. Brinkmann Pantolette Pink 701197-43
- LM Men Waterproof Rubber Sole Winter Snow Boots Work Boots 7014
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens SKYLAAR Heeled Sandal
- Dig dog bone Men's Driving Loafers Casual Fashion Convenient Slip On Soft Solid color Round
- Roper Women's American Beauty Moc
- Nike Men's Court Royale Suede Sneakers
- Premiata Women's BETH2987 Red Cotton Sneakers
- New Balance Unisex Adults Zapatillas Kj373pdy blue red Fitness shoes
- Bruetting Unisex Adults' Mount Hunter High Low Rise Hiking Boots
- Rockport Men's Slayter Slipon Black Loafers
- Shukun Men's boots Autumn And Winter Men'S shoes High-Top shoes Retro Casual Lace Men'S Martin Boots
- Black, safety orange-game royal Nike Jordan Kids Air Jordan 4 Retro Bg Basketball shoes
- Adidas Mens Gazelle Super NBHD Neighborhood Black Fabric
- Women's Latin Dance shoes,Square Friendship Modern Dance shoes Women's Ballroom shoes Dancing Heels
- Get-in Women's Sandals Leopard Rome shoes Buckle Strap Flat Heels Retro Peep Toe Sandal with Back Zipper Casual
- Smart.A Womens Fashionable Ankle Booties
- AllhqFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Spikes-Stilettos Patent Leather Pull On Pumps-shoes
- Fashion shoesbox Women's Chunky Platform Motorcycle Ankle Boots Buckle Rivets Round Toe Zip Bootie Mid Heel Short Boots
- Zarbrina Womens Thin High Heel Short Plush Ankle Boots Fashion Sexy Pointed Toe Lace Up Rubber Sole Slip On Winter Warm Party Dress shoes
- Forever Long Women High Heel Sandals Peep Toe Platform Ankle Strap Sandals Party shoes Women Footwear
- BalaMasa Womens Charms Chunky Heels Platform Urethane Boots
- Black Pirate Boots Costume shoes - Size 8
- Betsey Johnson Womens Talia Ankle Bootie
- Women's High Heel Slippers Shining Rhinestone Alien Sandals Fashion Beach Slippers
- Easy Spirit Womens Harper 2
- Men's Autumn and Winter Sports shoes Outdoor Climbing Leather Hiking wear Non-Slip shoes
- Cole Haan Men's Mason Four-Eye Oxford
- Nine West Womens Iselin Wool Ankle Boot
- Camper Peu Cami Mid Womens Boots
- LQ Men's sandals flip flops Rubber non-slip wear-resistant flat sandals, sandal dual-use PU breathable upper, summer toe-stitched shoes (color D, Size 5.5 UK)
- Zanzara Men's Echo Ii Sneaker
- TY01 Mid Heels Chunky Heel Hollow Pumps Women Pointy Toe Dress Party Office shoes
- Vimisaoi Women's Casual Fashion Sneakers, Cushioned Platform Ugly Dad Series Sports Walking shoes
- La Auténtica K100PC - Desert Boot Italian tip Combined, Unisex Adult, Green Bottle - orange
- Just XiaoZhouZhou 28 colors Real Fur Slippers Women Fox Fluffy Sliders Comfort with Feathers Furry Summer Flats Sweet Ladies shoes Plus Size 36-45,11,6.5
- ZHIJINLI Ins shoes training shoes sports shoes ulzzang Harajuku shoes wild casual shoes running shoes tennis shoes hiking track and field, 36.5EU
- Puma Crosstwist S3 HRO SRC Low Safety Trainers
- Ariat Men's Overdrive XTR Pull-on H2O Composite Toe Work Boot
- AmoonyFashion Womens Open Peep Toes High Heel Printing Solid Pumps, Apricot, 7.5 B(M) US
- Fancyww Women's Cross Straps Increase Casual Snow Boots
- WeiPoot Women's Solid Round Closed Toe PU Soft Material Above-The-Knee Boots, Black, 39
- Women's shoes Autumn Winter Suede Fashion Wine Glass Heel shoes Pointed Deep Mouth shoes Walking shoes Dress shoes (color B, Size 38)
- ASICS Womens Womens Gel-Kahana 8 Running shoes
- Snow Boots Womens Winter Waterproof Warm Boots Outdoor Walking Non-Slip shoes
- Top Moda Jerry-82 Women's Open Toe Buckle Strap Low Chunky Block Heel Cutout Gladiator Sandals (5.5, Black)
- Steve Madden Tickle Two-Piece Platform Sandals, Black, 11 US
- Bebe Womens Fenix Slide Sandal
- Men's sports shoes running shoes casual shoes shoes
- Women Chelsea Boots Autumn and Winter Round Head Bare Boots Thick Heel Ankle Boots Black
- Halston Heritage Womens Ginny Flat
- Fanstown Naruto Hand Painting Canvas shoes Cool Sneaker + 1 Poster
- Rock Fall VX550 Diamond 8 Safety shoes, Black
- Djinns Men’s Speed Moc Suede Herren Sneaker Hi-Top Trainers
- Adidas Performance Men's Crazy Power Cross-Trainer shoes
- Munich Men's Trainers Green Army Green
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This LOTUS BAWA Men's Classic Formals Genuine Leather Plain Toe Chukka Boots from KEEN Men's Voyageur Mid Hiking Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike Men's Metcon 3 Training shoes Black Siren RED-Team RED-White 8.0 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Speedo Men's Surfwalker Pro 3.0 Water shoes, Grey bluee, 7 Regular US of structured cabling, Skechers Men's Status- Delton Boat shoes, Brown, 9.5 Medium US, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Caterpillar Men's Dynamite Waterproof Work Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Garmont Trail Beast GTX Hiking shoes - Men'sAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting ECCO Men's Soft 7 Premium Boot Fashion Sneaker (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- ALTRA Men's Torin IQ Road Running shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Columbia Montrail Men's Trans Alps F.k.t. Ii Sneaker illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The NIKE Men's KD Trey 5 III, University Red Black-Bright Crimson, 11.5 M US runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- 5.11 Men's Fast-tac Waterproof 6 Tactical Hiking Boot Military, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Reebok Men's Crossfit Combine Cross-trainer shoes
- ALDO Men's Issac Slip-On Loafer development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Vasque Men's Talus Trek Ultradry Hiking BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Dr. Martens Men's 2976 Inuck Chelsea Bootof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Scott Mens Road Tri Pro Bike shoes - 251821 (Black Neon Red Gloss - 39) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Nike Men's Air Max Audacity 2016 Basketball shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Ariat Men's Groundbreaker 6 H2O Steel Toe Work BootI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nike - Air Force 1 07 - 315122001 - color Black - Size 15.0 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Asolo Space GV MM Hiking Boot - Mens, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Twisted X - Men’s Slip On Driving Moc with CellStretchDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist