If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Steve Madden Mens TAZM01M1 Tazman allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop JUJIANFU-shoes Men's Outdoor shoes Casual Fashion Retro Comfortable Non-Slip Outsole High Top Big Size Work shoes Men's Ankle Boots, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Vass VA700-77 Non-Studded Chest Wader (Wellingtons) - Size 11 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - NIKE Women's Shox Gravity shoes
- Yudesun Pointed Toe Women Pumps - Ladies Slip-Ons Mixed colors High Heel Stilettos Court shoes
- Mirak Womens Chabilis Mule Slipper Red Size UK 4 EU 37
- Unyielding1 Women High Top Heel Sneakers Platform Lace Up shoes Ankle Bootie Trends
- Unm Women Fashion Wedges Knee Boots Half Zip
- Zalin Fashion Summer shoes Woman Buckle Genuine Leather shoes Women Low Heels Wedges Sandals Women
- MAYPIE Womens Toadvan Synthetic Zipper Ankle Boots
- Too Fast Too Rat Baby High Heels Stiletto shoes Womens Black Footwear
- Vintage Flag Red and Pattern Slippers Non-Slip Quick-Drying Slippers for Womens
- - Converse 164035C Sneaker Man White 44½
- FSJ Classic Round Toe High Chunky Heels Pumps Slip on Dress shoes for Women Size 4-15 US
- GTVERNH Women's shoes Back Zipper Velvet Martin Boots 8Cm Fine Heels Square Head Short Boots High Heels Naked Boots Women's shoes Fashion
- Sokaly Women's Wedge Heeled Sneaker Platform Hollowed Out Sequins Mesh Pump shoes Fashion Sneakers
- Dirty Laundry Womens Jean Genie Fashion Sneaker
- Nike - Vapor 12 Academy IC
- Reebok Classic NPC UK EB Womens Trainers Sneakers
- Kodiak Womens Chase Fashion Boots
- Rockport Womens Total Motion 75MM Perf Bootie Heeled Sandal
- Men's Boots Safety Boots Dewalt Lightweight Waterproof Trainers shoes Outdoor Leisure Retro
- 2017 Leather Men Beach Slippers Fashion Flip Flops With Soft Sole Trendy Breathable Easy To Match Men Summer shoes
- Camo Canvas Cole Haan Men's Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker
- JQfashion Women's High-Heeled Sandals Sexy Cross-Strapped Serpentine Fish-Billed Roman shoes
- Bacco Bucci Men's Julien Sneaker
- Men's Business Oxford Casual New Crocodile British Style Round Toe Formal shoes. Cricket shoes
- Reebok DMX Daytona Experiment shoes - Unisex Casual
- Reebok Classic Furylite Sheer Womens Sneakers
- Unm Women's Peep Toe Sandals with Platform - Buckled Ankle Strap Chunky High Heels - D-Orsay Flowers
- Yellow shoes - Admiral - Womens Light Boots
- CatchyMarket Lady's High-Heeled shoes Casual Internal Breathable Loafers shoes
- Kamik Women's JESSIE Rain Boots
- Top Shishang Black Word Belt Sandals Sexy Open Toe Versatile Rhinestone Stiletto Heels
- Mao YiE Womenn Pumps Pearl Ring Wrapped Ankle Black Red Wedding Heels
- Slipper, Disposable, Comfortable and Non-Slip shoes Household Hotel Bathroom Home Business Travel White
- Kodiak Womens Low-Rider Chelsea Fashion Boot
- Meipa Time Business Oxfords for Men Formal Snip shoes Slip on Style Genuine Leather Summer Punctured Breathable (color Hollow Yellow, Size 11 D(M) US)
- Z.L.F shoes Modern Men's Business Oxford Casual Retro Personality Suit Patent Leather Waterproof Formal shoes Leather shoes
- Eva-Tech Mens Dressabout Leather Low Top Lace Up Fashion, Black, Size 13.0
- I'll NEVER BE HER Brand Split Leather shoes Classic Fashion Mens Casual shoes Spring Breathable Men Loafers Autumn Men's Flats shoes 2019 Big Size,z010Green,8.5
- Silver Glitter Cambridge Select Women's Cutout Crystal Rhinestone Platform Mid Heel Dress Sandal
- Nike Mens Air Jordan Trunner LX -UK 9 EU 44 US 10
- Miz Mooz Women's Archer Extended Calf Boot
- FuweiEncore 2018 Men's PU Leather Brogue shoes Classic Lace Up Breathable Square Formal Business Lined Oxfords (color Brown, Size 40 EU) (color grey, Size 42 EU)
- Mens shoes,Spring Leather Light Soles Comfort Driving shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes Peas shoes Road Cycling shoes
- Geox Men's U Snapish a Low-Top Sneakers
- Skechers Flex Advantage Sheaks Mens Sneakers bluee Black 10.5
- Black Geox Men's U Smart B Low-Top Sneakers
- KSOWE3KD Woman Mens' Mesh Up Canvas shoes American Flag Pot Stars Fashion Unisex Cushion shoes
- FENGDA Women's Running Sneakers Fashion Outdoor Athletic Walking shoes Lightweight
- Hevego Sandalias Beaded Jeweled Ankle Strap Pump Heels Sandals for Women
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens Slam Shot Flat Sandal with Toe Ring and Micro-Jewel Strap Flat Sandal
- AllhqFashion Women's Solid PU Low-Heels Lace-up Round Closed Toe Boots
- Women Sexy Sandals Lady Open Toe Ankle Strap Buckle Sandal Casual Simple Slip On shoes
- Women's Hiking shoes Outdoor Hiking Upstream shoes Non-Slip Breathable
- 1TO9 Womens Flatform No-Closure Square-Toe Solid Pleather Loafers shoes MMS05885
- AllhqFashion Women's Zipper Pu High-Heels Open-Toe Zipper Sandals,FBULD014766
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This SHOES Men's Leather Western Chelsea Metal Pointed Toe Rock Singer Casual Bar Dress Wedding Metal Cap For Nightclub,Business,Wedding,Casual,Office,Party,Size 37 To 46 from Nike Women's Air Huarache Run Ultra Low-Top Sneakers Black was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Y-H Men Casual shoes, Fall winter Suede Trekking Military Boots,Tooling Boots,Army Work Combat Boots,Men's Outdoor Hiking Sneakers (color Green, Size 44) to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Oudan Men's Chelsea Boots Spring Summer Winter Fashion Vintage Leather shoes (color 1, Size 43EU) of structured cabling, MERRYHE Men's Leather Oxfords shoes Dress Loafers Business Flat Driving shoes For Men Walking Moccasins Deck shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Mens Black Tan Hand Woven Real Leather Fringed Loafers MOD Vintage Slip on Driving shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Saucony Men's Vendetta 2 Track and Field shoes, Citron, 10.5 Medium USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Castellanisimos shoes Hombre bluecher de Piel en Burdeos (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Stacy Adams Men's Melville Oxford
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Josef Seibel 10999 Mens Slippers illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nike Men's 844787-100 Basketball shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide FHCGMX Big size New Men's Boots Waterproof Men's Desert High-top Military Tactical Boots Men Combat Army Boots Snow Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- DC shoes Heathrow Vulc SE - shoes for Men - shoes - Men - EU 47 - Black, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- black Giardini Men's P800350U Trainers bluee bluee
- NIKE Mens Tennis Classic CS Suede, Old Royal Old Royal-Ivory, 9.5 M US development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Oxford shoes Mens Comfort Black Business Lace Up Patent Leather Suit shoes Brogues shoes Carved Top Layer Cowhide LeisureIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Men's Oxford shoes bluee Leather Pointed Metal Toe Slip on Loafers for Business Evening Dress Partyof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Converse C T All Star Hi Little Kids Fashion Sneakers Black 3j231 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Skechers Mens Go Walk Max Low Top Slip On Walking shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Men Running shoes Gym Athletic Sports Trainer Walking Knitted shoes Breathable Basketball shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by MUYII Oxfords Dress shoes For Men Handmade Men's Plain Toe Business Formal Leather Loafer Casual Mens Non-Slip Comfortable shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
AKJC Business shoes Men Brown Handmade Men Dress shoes, Business Leather Men shoes, Casual Design Men Flats, Men OxfordsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist