If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Adidas D pink 7 Low, Men’s Sneakers allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop HUK Men's Makara Casual shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Bugatti Men's 331263021400 Low-Top Sneakers at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Nat snake Vionic Women's Palm Daisy Arch Support Thong Sandal
- Women Pump Suede Basic Sandals Solid colors 2019 Slip On High Heels Sandals Femme Sexy Pumps
- AicciAizzi Women Fashion Lace Up shoes
- Wild Pair Women's Camino Dress Sandal
- BalaMasa Womens Metal Buckles Chunky Heels Square-Toe Sequin Pumps shoes
- TAOFFEN Women Open Toe Sandals shoes
- High Heel Sandals Flower Ankle Strap Thin Heel Sandals Elegant Office Summer shoes Women's Footwear
- MEIZOKEN Women's Summer Comfy Slide Sandals Casual Hook Loop Beach Flat Walking shoes
- Hush Puppies Mens Breccan Hayes
- Fluorescent Yellow shoes Mountain biking sneakers, men's and women's lock-free breathable cycling, lightweight hiking anti-skid sneakers, suitable for outdoor sports riding ZDDAB
- JOYBI Women Platform Dress Pumps Sandals Slip On Zipper Sexy Ankle Buckle Strap Summer Open Toe High Heel Sandal
- Nike Unisex Air Zoom Rival 6 Middle Distance Running Spikes
- JSlides Women's Abba Fashion Sneaker
- Petkanvas Faux Fur Boots-Bulldog Print Faux Fur Boots for Women Black
- orangetime Thong Sandals Women Mental Buckle Bohemian Flat shoes Comfort Causal Beach Flats Ankle T-Strap Gladiator Sandals
- Lonsdale Benn Trainers Mens shoes Sneakers Footwear
- MedzRE Men's Real Leather Lace-Up Business Leisure Oxford shoes
- Women's Booties, Fashion Autumn Winter New Thick Heel Round Head Low Heel Boots, British Side Ladies Boots Suitable for Everyday, Work, Party (color Black, Size 42)
- SK Studio Women's Buckle Straps Low Heel Ankle Booties
- ZHRUI Men Sneaker Casual shoes Leather Flat Loafers Slip On Footwear Male shoes (color 8899 Black, Size 7=41 EU)
- Grey_2 Wonesion Mens Womens Water Sport shoes Quick Dry Aqua Socks Barefoot Outdoor Beach Swim Surf Pool Yoga shoes
- Ruosh Men's Brown Sandals-7 UK India (40 EU)(AW17 APPU 05B)
- Etnies Men's Jameson Sc Low-Top Sneakers
- Flip-Flops Outdoor Sports Sandals Summer Men's Slippers Beach Sandals Youth Leather Thong Tow Outdoor Men's Sandals
- Nike Men's Zoom All Out Low 2 Running shoes Atmosphere Grey VAST Grey-Gunsmoke Size 12
- Seacat Women's Faux Suede Peep Toe Over The Knee Lace up Thigh High Stiletto Heel Gladiator Sandals Boots
- Flat Rhinestone shoes Women Casual Bow Crystal Pointed Toe Slip On Loafers Flats Women Soft Comfortable shoes
- Pleaser Women's Deluxe-653 BNS Slingback Sandal
- ASICS Women's Gel-Fastball Ankle-High Running shoes
- Owaheson Classic Canvas Slip-On Lightweight Driving shoes Soft Penny Loafers Men Women Hairdresser Skull Scissors
- Men's Anti-Fall shoes Basketball shoes Couple Non-Slip Wear-Resistant Ladies Sneakers Breathable Wear Sports Casual Student shoes
- SEERTED Navy and White Tropical Hibiscus Floral Comfortable Sneakers for Standing All Day
- L-RUN Unisex Wading shoes Outdoor Mutifunctional Sports Breathable Mesh Casual Flat-Heeled
- Women's Snow Boots Platform Height Increasing Fashion Ladies shoes Hook and Loop Warm Plush Boot
- T-JULY Spring Autumn Women Thick High Heel Over The Knee Boots Woman Thigh High Boots Plus Size shoes
- Jessica Simpson Women's PARISAH Pump Black 8.5 Medium US
- Fin D'Arabesque by Edgar Degas Gallery Wrapped Canvas Art (10in. x 8in.)
- Amblers Safety Womens FS107 Antibacterial Memory Foam Slip on Wedged Safety Court shoes
- Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Classic Round Toe Low Chunky Heel Handmade Comfort Side Zipper Lace Up Dress Ankle Booties
- black GIARDINI women's shoes low sandals P908195D 100 size 35 Black
- Earth Womens Zane Leather Hight Top Zipper Walking shoes
- HGDR Black Round Toe Oxford shoes for Men, Formal Business Office Lace up Leather shoes for Wedding Dress Evening
- Leather Men's Driving shoes High-Grade Non-Slip Oxford shoes
- Munich Men’s G-3 Jeans 737 Low Rise Hiking Boots
- Db shoes Mens Exta Wide Deep Touch Strap shoes
- C YAXUAN shoes Men's shoes, Outdoor Sport Sneakers, Cool Cool Personality Music Running shoes Mens Wild Casual shoes (color A, Size 41)
- Tipsy Taupe Vince Camuto Womens Elroy Flats
- Vimisaoi Women's Lace Up Casual Fashion Sneakers Platform Ankle Booties Motorcycle Martin Boots
- Propet Women's TravelWalker II shoes
- F-OXMY Women Classic Oxfords Flat shoes Lace Up Non-Slip Rubber Outsole Walking shoes
- Btrada Women's Casual Bowknot Flat Point Toe Work Oxfords Loafers shoes
- CERLYRUAN Fat Pugs Canvas Chukka Canvas Women's shoes
- Via pink Lace Up Combat Boots Women,Work Boot,Womens Short Ankle Bootie Low Heel shoes
- Marco Tozzi Women's pink Loafer Sparkle Slip On Fashion Sneaker
- Buteri Vintage Money Slippers Non-Slip Quick-Drying Slippers for Womens
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Nautica Men's Casual Fashion Sneakers-Walking shoes-Lightweight Joggers-Havashaw-Navy-13 from Buckler Buckbootz S5 BBZ6000GR Green Safety Wellington Boots - UK 5 (EU39) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Ted Baker London Men's Azzlan Chukka Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Adidas Mens Originals Zx Flux Trainers in Grey of structured cabling, Skechers Performance Mens Go Strike Perform, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, 2019 Spring New Casual shoes Men Spring Men's Leather Pointed Breathable Casual shoes Work Work Leather shoes Cow Leather, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Reebok Unisex Workout Plus Sneaker, Fcu-White Bright Lava, 7 M US Big KidAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Armani Jeans Armani Trainers Runner Style Tonal Trim C6520 14-White EU-45 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Fit Black Velvet Loafers shoes for Men with golden Lion Buckle Handmade Flats
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Dsx Trainers Men's Sneaker Spring and Summer Breathable Casual shoes Red Running shoes, red, 39EU illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Jincosua Mens Casual Polished Patent Leather shoes Soft Sole Durable Non Slip Boots (color Brown, Size UK 7.5) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide ASICS Men's Gel-Quantum 180 2 Running shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- ASICS Gel Saga, Unisex Adults’ Sneakers, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Adidas Originals Unisex Gazelle Sneaker, White semi Solar Pink, 4 M US Big Kid
- Vitiello Dance shoes Men's Classic vernice standard Dance shoes Black black development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Cofra 78870-000.W41 Work shoes, Baer , Size 7.5, Brown - EN safety certifiedIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the OXS Scarpa Stringata Spazzolato 101 Blackof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Adidas Men's Clima Cool 1 Ba8611 Trainers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Diador Men's Running shoes Black BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Adidas Unisex Adults' X_PLR Bass Trainers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Nike Mens Air Huarache Synthetic Leather-Textile Trainers, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Ted Baker Men's Seylen SneakerDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist