If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s White Red bluee (White Varsity Red-vrsty Royal) Nike Men's Classic Cortez Prem Running shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Green (Khaki Khaki Gum Nn) Gola Men's's Inca Suede Khaki Gum Trainers, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Titanio gold & Gravy Mens Push at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD Women's 905A46SLS1N99 Black Suede Ankle Boots
- PENATE Women's Over Knee Boots Girl’s Ling Slim Winter Warm Suede Leopard Snow Martin Boots Sneaker shoes
- ZHOUZJ Leather Women Sandals Fashion Summer Sweet Female Flats Heel Sandals Ladies shoes
- HANBINGPO 2019 Summer Women High Heels Slipper Pointed Toe Dress shoes PVC Pumps Bling Bling Slippers
- J Slides Womens Perrie Sneaker
- Easter bluee Bunny With Egg Women Flex Mesh Womens Casual shoes
- Ipdterty Wear-Resistant Traveling Sneaker Cute Unicorn Rainbow Pretty Women Comfortable Athletic Running shoes
- ERSER Nautical Navy Anchor Trail Running shoes for Women
- Z&HX sportsSummer sports shoes casual shoes men 's shoes non - slip mesh shoes outdoor hiking shoes
- Scarpa Men's Crux Approach Hiking shoes
- CYBLING Women's Ankle Combat Military Work Boots Cowgirl Waterproof High Top Lace Up Casual shoes
- Stonefly Women's Venus Ii 81 Bis Vel Trainers
- Walking Cradles Women's Bounce Flat
- Cygnus Women Dance shoes Latin Salsa Tango Practice Ballroom Dance shoes with 2.5 Heel Suede sole 801 Brown
- Pleaser Women's Gothika Gothika 09 Sandal Black
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Bryanna Strappy Dress Heeled Sandal
- Rieker Men's 17661-00 Dustin Black Leather
- Official Karrimor Surge WTX Walking shoes Mens Hiking Footwear Boots
- LACROSSE Men's Alphaburly Pro 18 1000G Hunting shoes
- Men Leather Office shoes Oxford shoes Slip-on Brown British Business Suit Formal Plus Size 38-47
- - Prada Women shoes Pumps Black EU 37 (US 7) EU 38 (US 8) EU 39 (US 9) EU 40 (US 10) EU 41 (US 11) 100% Authentic
- LXXAMens Summer Beach Light Weight Outdoor shoes Velcro Real Leather Sports Sandals Athletic Sneakers
- Pod Paladin Mens School Work shoes in Black
- FuweiEncore Hollow Casual shoes Men Leather Business Casual shoes Sets Foot Stamping Men's shoes (color Light brown, Size 38)
- Nike Air Max 95 Og Athletic Unisex shoes Size
- JOYBI Women's Slip On Sneakers Open Toe Fashion Breathable Mesh Woven Hook Loop Non Slip Flats Sports Walking Hiking Lightweight Loafers
- COVOYYAR Women's High Heel Sandals Fluffy Thin Heel Pumps Pointed Toe Wedding shoes
- BalaMasa Girls Spun gold Bowknot No-Heel Foldable Patent Leather Pumps-shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Pull-On Patent Leather Peep-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals
- Vcvca Clouds Multicolor Unique Flat Canvas shoes for Men and Women Unisex
- WeenFashion Women's Ankle High Zipper High Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- Yellow Ribbon colorblock High Heel Roman Sandals Magic Buckle Open Toe Sexy Women's shoes
- RHFDVGDS increased in the winter snow boots thick real rabbit fur boots Scrubs platform high heel Lady boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Open-Toe Buckle Frosted Solid Low-Heels Sandals, FBULD015196
- T-JULY Women Flats Mesh Breathable Platform Wedge Heels shoes Autumn Casual shoes
- Pleaser Womens Ado1008sq G Gch Boot
- Imagine Vince Camuto Womens Dashal Heeled Sandal
- XHD- Classic shoes Simple Men's Loafer shoes Genuine Leather Low Top Ankle Boot
- Nike Men's Zoom Speed TR2 Black White University Red Running shoes 10 Men US
- Newstarshop Men shoes Leather Ankle Boots Man Italian shoes Chunky High Heels Black Men Chelsea Boots
- DaVinci Women's High Heel Italian Sandals Black
- Flip-Flops Outdoor Sports Sandalsleather Beach shoes Summer Men's Leather Dual-Use Sandals Men's Head Layer Non-Slip Beach shoes
- Mens Ladies leather hiking shoes summer and autumn fashion outdoor sports shoes waterproof breathable durable and comfortable to wear , pink red , 39
- Vans Mens Old Skool Canvas Trainers
- SHIMANO SH-RP1 Cycling shoes - Men's
- Black Fila Venom 94 Low Caribbean Sea 101057211O, Trainers
- Core Black Footwear White Bright Red Adidas ORIGINALS Mens Crazy BYW shoes Fashion Sneakers
- MinxNY Women's Solid color Fuzzy Boot Slippers with Phone Pocket
- SJJH Women Fashion Bowtie Ankle Boots
- pink flowers New 2018 Crystal Pumps Women Fashion Pointed Toe High Heels Lady shoes Thin Heels
- WeenFashion Women's Assorted color Pu Low Heel Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Nine West Womens Owen Suede Fashion Sneaker
- Ivanka Trump Womens Tropica6 Ballet Flat
- Women's Mid-Boots, Autumn Winter New Slope Lace-up Cotton shoes Plus Velvet Women's Boots Outdoor (color A, Size 40)
- Nafanio Home Casual Slippers Women Fashion Style Slides Spring Autumn Winter Fulffy Indoor Outdoor Bedroom Floor Flats shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This pink red PDHP Sports shoes Spring Autumn Solid color Net Surface Loafers Korean Breathable Version Fashion Mens Couple shoes from Grey (Fumo Granit Bianco Granit Grey 4) LLloyd Men's Argon Low-Top Sneakers was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Multicolord (Black Team Red-white) Nike Stefan Janoski Max, Unisex Adults' Low-Top Sneakers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust - Colmar Travis Tones 005 Dark Grey Navy of structured cabling, Black Breathable Perforated Driving shoes for Men Genuine Leather Business Fashion Loafers Anti-Slip Flat Slip-on Collision Avoidance Round Toe Cricket shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black XIANGBAO-Personality PU Leather Side Zipper Lacing Up Combat shoes Men's European Fashion Knee High Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
❤Craft: Exquisite Hand sewing, three-dimensional cutting, not easy to break, comfortable and durable.
❤Material: Vamp:Fine texture,flexible and comfortable,inside:soft,breathable, dry and deodorant.sole:flexible,shock absorpt ion,wear-resistant outsole.
❤Style:Classic and comfortable, hollow and breathable, simple and pure color, light and flexible, fashionable and casual British style.
bluee Napapijri N0YJT1 Sneakers ManAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting bluee Lumberjack SM58705 001 M50 Sneakers Man (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Black LQ Men's sandals flip flops Summer mesh breathable outdoor wild sandals, men's EVA leak toe strap flat sandals (color Black, Size 40)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Black JIALUN-shoes Men's Fashion Oxford Superficial Easy Personality Texture Low-top Lace-up Brogue shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Brown GJLIANGXIE Men'S Sandals Summer Sandals Men'S Slippers Non-Slip Dual-Use Korean Version Of The Beach shoes British Personality Trend Sandals Men runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Brown Brown Black Business Gentleman Men's Dress shoes England Party Wedding shoes Uniform shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Brown Men's Formal Oxford shoes Handmade Leather Business Dress shoes Classic Style Wedding Lace Up Gentleman shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Black Silver Slime Saucony Men's Hurricane Iso 2 Trail Running shoes
- - Dsx Neutral Waterproof shoes Hiking Outdoor Climbing Sandals Sports Running Wading shoes shoes, bluee, 39EU development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Black (Black White 1) Nike Men's React Presto (Gs) Track & Field shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Kenneth Cole New York Men's Initial Point Sneakerof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Adidas Unisex Performance Adizero HJ Running shoes with Spikes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Reef Men's Voyage Le Chukka Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
AKJC Business shoes Men bluee Pattern Leather Men's Wedding shoes Dress shoes Men's Business Fashion Dress shoes XLI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its La Sportiva La Sportiva Geckogym (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by LOVDRAM Boots Men's Men'S shoes Business Dress Casual shoes Men'S Boots Waxed Leather Men'S Leather Boots Large Size, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Orthofeet Asheville Comfort Arch Support Diabetic Mens Orthopedic SlippersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist