If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Bronze GHFJDO Men Open Toe Sandals,Summer Outdoors Sports Hiking Trekking Sandals,Walking shoes Summer Beach shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop - DEWALT Camden Mens Leather SB Steel Toe Lace Up Work Boots, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new White Men's White Leather Casual Lace-Up shoes, Classic Low Top Loafer, Fashion Sneaker at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Christian Louboutin Women's 3080680BK01 Black Leather Pumps
- TAOFFEN Women Cute Block Heel Pumps shoes
- Unisex V Flip Flops Ukrainian Flag Personalized Summer Slipper
- coloranimal bluee Denim Animal Women High Top Canvas shoes Plus Size 35-45
- Quality.A Boots Pointed Toe high Heels Sexy Women's Suede Stilettos Straps
- LEA GU Calzature Ballerina with Bow in White Goat
- Wear-Resistant Anti-Slip shoes of Students Men's Sneaker shoes
- Magnum Panther 8 Side Zip (55627) Mens shoes Leather Nylon - Black
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Edge Flex Monk-Strap Loafer
- Kalra Creations Mojari Women's Traditional Indian Velvet with Embroidery Ethnic shoes
- Red Summer Women shoes Buckle Elegant Ladies Prom shoes Thin Heel Super High Sandals 33-48
- Skull Happy Halloween Womens Slip On Canvas shoes
- VIFUUR Women's Indoor Slippers House Comfort Memory Foam Plush Anti-Slip Slipper
- YNN 10 Pairs Disposable Linen Flip Flop Closed Toe Slippers Men's and Women's Winter Indoor Home Hospitality Guest Hotel Slippers (color A)
- New Balance Women's 500v6 Track shoes,
- T-JULY Sexy Women Pointed Toe PU Leather Thin High Heels Footwear Female Plus Size Party shoes
- Clarks Women's Deloria Kay Fashion Sandals
- ECCO Womens Intrinsic Tr Runner Fashion Sneaker
- BOBERCK Lola Collection Women's Fashion Lace Up Velvet Platform
- Adidas ORIGINALS Women's Pod-S3.1 Sneakers Black
- Liu Jo shoes Woman Low Sneakers B68005 TX004 Karlie 06 LACE UP blue
- RIP CURL Sandals Men Sonar Slide Sandals White
- BBTK Casual Athletic shoes Men Outdoor Activities Hiking Climbing Anti-slip Round Toe (color Light brown, Size 8 UK)
- JIYE Men's Fashion Basketball shoes Women's Breathable Upper Sneakers
- Candy red Sam Edelman Womens Ariella Heeled Sandal
- Women's Flat Sandals Open Toe Waterproof Buckle Strap Comfy Weave Non Slip Girls PVC Casual Jelly Sandal
- T-JULY Women Slipper Summer Solid Wedges Peep Toe Flatform shoes Rubber Med Heel Basic Comfortable Sandals
- Women's Summer Sandals Women's shoes Japanese Mori Girl Sweet Fresh Lace Pierced Flat Female Sandals
- Nunn Bush Men's Regan Sandal
- Jordan Air Flyknit Elevation 23 Black Metallic Silver
- DS By KSC Womens Platform shoes Sexy Glitter Scoop Vamp High Heel Dress shoes bluee
- GilesJones Flats Loafers Women,Casual Moccasin Slip On Outdoor Non-Slip Wedge shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Spikes Stilettos Zipper Imitated Suede Boots MNS03266
- Ghssheh Women's Sexy Buckle Strap Chunky High Heel Platform Round Toe Side Zipper Knee High Boots Brown 8 M US
- York Zhu Women Boots,European Simple Style Pointed Toe High Heel Ankle Boot
- Fashion Ankle Boots Women Pointed Toe Zip Suede Leather Boots Fur Comfortable Ladies Autumn Winter Boots
- Onlymaker Women's Gladiator Ankle Strap Lace up Open Toe Stiletto Harmoni Heeled Strappy Sandals Black
- Wonderheel 7 stiletto heel knee high ballet shoes pink shiny sexy fetish lace up padlocks ballet boots
- G.H. Bass & Co. Womens pinknne Chelsea Boot
- IGI&CO - Nabuck Ingrassato Senape
- G6A33S Men's Nubuck Leather Tan 6 Lug Sole Slip Resisant Work Boots Width Wide (W 2E)
- Softinos Ballet Flats P900179548 Ilma Washed Red
- Sebago Womens Nashoba Tall Boot
- TYX-SS Summer Men'S Hollow Leather Sandals Hole Breathable Casual Men'S shoes Cool Leather shoes
- Nike Men's Bomba Tf Fitness shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black Palladium Spor Cuf Wpn U, Unisex Adults' Boots from bluee Lumberjack SM30405-011 Sneakers Man was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a - JCB Mens 4x4 H Safety Boots Honey 12 UK, 46 EU to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Multicolour (Nondye Ftw Bla Griuno 000) adidas Men's Terrex Cc Boat Parley Climbing shoes of structured cabling, bluee (bluee Red C0200) Geox Men's U Nebula B Low-Top Sneakers, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, White (White Black Aluminium Barely Volt 100) Nike Men's Air Max Axis Prem Running shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Sole: Gum Rubber
Brown (Cognac 6300) Bugatti Men's 321475612000 LoafersAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Black, Black-glow Nike Men's Air Jordan Future Basketball shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- British Tan Cole Haan Mens WarnerGrandBitLoafer Wagner Grand Bit
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Black Everglade Sulphur Spring Salomon Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Running shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The - Colmar White Supreme colors 110 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide EU37 SHOES Mens Leather Crocodileskin Effect Pointed Toe Lace-Up Rock Singer Casual for Nightclub,Business,Wedding,Casual,Office,Party that may be of interest to your District including:
- bluee Igi&Co 1118700 Loafers Man, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- - SHOE Metal Pointed Toe Men's Leather Rock Singer Casual Bar Dress For Formal,Business,Wedding,Casual,Office,Party
- Black Martin Boots Men's Winter shoes Leather Retro Plus Velvet Boots High Rise Lace Up Trekking Cotton shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Black YIJIAN-SHOES Comfortable Boots Men's Fashion Motorcycle Boots Comfort Casual Simple Pointed Toe Zipper British Style Knee High Boot Breathable Boots (color Black, Size 5.5 UK)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the bluee (Obsidian Metallic Silver-blueecap-white 401) Nike Men’s Air Max Command Leather Sneakersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Black Easy Go Shopping Leather Peas shoes Men's Lightweight Foot Lazy shoes Cricket shoes (color bluee, Size 45) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Cool Grey Hyper Crimson-black Nike Women's Free Trainer v7 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Adidas Men's Originals La Trainer Og Trainers in Core BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its FuweiEncore Men's Formal shoes, Spring Autumn Leather Business shoes, Casual Loafers & Slip-Ons, Driving shoes Lazy shoes, Comfort Loafers (color D, Size 42) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Merrell Men's Burnt Rock Travel Suede Hiking shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Pirate Medieval Boots Live Action Role Play Carnival Pirate Musketeer Knight BlackDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist