If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s A ZYFA Casual shoes Casual shoes suede high-top shoes flat with rubber sole wear-resistant wild Martin boots (color B, Size 41) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop bluee GXX 2018 spring open toe beach men's shoes outdoor beach wading sandals, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new bluee Lumberjack SM59005-001 N Sneakers Man at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- TDA Women's Peep Toe Gladiator Zipper Lace Up PU Evening Party Dress Sexy Stiletto Ankle Boots
- Woman Ankle Boots Zipper Buckle Thick High Heels Pointed Toe Platform Ladies Sexy Party Fashion Short shoes
- T-JULY Women Knee High Boots Black Chunky Heel Plus Size shoes Ladies Casual Winter shoes Zipper High Heel Boots
- Easy Works Women's Bind Health Care Professional shoes
- Santimon Men's Leather Zip Oxford Dress Formal shoes
- El Naturalista Womens N5241t Seaweed Canvas-Pleasant Caldera Zumaia Flat Sandal
- Bebe Sport Dane Women US 9 M Black Fashion Sneakers
- T-JULY Fashion Winter Black Zipper Knee High Boots Platform Women Wedge High Heel Boots Thick Fur Warm shoes
- Men's Leather Flip Flops Thongs Comfort Non-Slip Slippers for Pool Sandals Outdoor Beach Casual shoes
- DANDANJIE Men's Basketball shoes Athletic Running shoes Lace-Up 2018 Fall Sneakers
- Adidas Barricade Approach, Unisex Adults' Tennis shoes
- Nike Men's Blazer Studio Low Trainers
- Heel Height 10cm Women Heels Wedding Scarpin Transparent High Heels Female Nude Prom Heels Lady
- LZWSMGS Patent Leather Women's PU Summer Open Toe Sandals with shoes T-Shaped Belt Heart-Shaped Fashion High Heels Black 35-40cm Ladies Sandals (color Black, Size 6 US)
- Jiahe Men's Boots Side Zipper Leather Boots Boots Retro Leather Boots Men's Desert Boots Motocycle Boots Cowboy Riding Boots,44
- CarziCuzin Women Fashion High Heel Boots Buckle Strap Zip Platform
- Storm by Cougar Women's Sassy Rain Boot
- Women Boots Pointed Toe Square Heel Fashion Buckle High Heel Ankle shoes for Woman
- Halloween Snake Skull Slip On Canvas Upper Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Fashion
- 2019 Summer Zipper Gladiator Sandals Female Peep Toe Sexy Thin High Heels Party Pumps Women gold Black
- AmoonyFashion Women's Zipper Peep Toe High Heels Assorted color Sandals
- Marc Fisher Womens Mandi 3 Jute Leather Trim Espadrilles
- PUMA Womens Tsugi Shinsei WN's Sneaker
- Gola Women’s Grace Black Off White Trainers
- GIOSEPPO shoes Woman Low Slippers 45307 Black
- ComeShun Womens shoes Pointed Toe Flats Comfort Dress Pumps
- New Dapper Oxford Footwear Business Men shoes Casual Breathable Flat Male
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Clear Pointed Toe Side Zipper Ankle Booties - Handmade Stiletto Mid Heel Dress Boots
- Skechers Womens Hi-lite - Pop color Sneaker
- POLLINI Sa26057g12tl, Women's High Trainers
- Tan Bamboo Charade 24 M Womens Fabric Lace Wedge Platform Sandals
- Sandals Women shoes Pumps Rhinestone Transparent PVC high-Heeled Sandals Women's high Heel
- ZHRUI Men shoes Outdoors Casual Fashion Breathable Sneakers for Sports (color Green, Size 10=45 EU)
- Fad-J Large size military boots men, outdoor snow boots, non-slip warm warrior boots army boots,Beige,42
- Gant Men's's Frank Slip On Trainers
- Nike Men's Air Max 1 Ultra Moire Trainers
- As shown YAYADI Men'S shoes Designer Jogging Fitness shoes Lightweight Breathable Yoga Riding Travel Outdoor Products
- Smilice Women Chunky Heel Mid Calf Boots
- INC International Concepts Womens Madi Open Toe Beach
- PRETTYHOMEL Women's Suede Mid Calf Buckle Warm Fur Lined Snow Boots
- Aerosoles Womens Silver Platter Flat
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Transgender Pride Flag
- SEERTED Pirate Ship Figure bluee Comfortable Sneakers for Standing All Day
- Propet Women's Alice Oxford Black
- Converse PL LP Snake Embossed Leather Oxford Sneaker sz 10
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Grey (Grey Three F17 Grey Four F17 Grey Two F17 Grey Three F17 Grey Four F17 Grey Two F17) adidas Men's's Sobakov Gymnastics shoes from gold Hhgold Men's Athletic shoes Breathable Outdoor shoes Coconut Men's shoes (color Full black, Size 38) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a White CZYDXCC Sports shoes Casual Sneakers Sports Running Breathable Flat Camouflage Lace Up shoes Flats Men Sneakers Casual shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Navy White Stripe Nautica Men's Casual Lace-Up Fashion Sneakers Oxford Comfortable Walking shoes of structured cabling, Multicolour (Directoirebluee Black Safetyyellow 10) Mizuno Men's Wave Prodigy Running shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Brown (Cappuccino 42-355) Jomos Men's Ergo-com Loafers, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Inner Material: Pig Skin
Outer Material: Leather
Inner Material: Lining: Polyester
Material Composition: Leather
Closure: Slip on
These shoes for men are made from genuine leather in a timeless, classic style; It's smart style of this shoe that make it so popular; Perfect for a day at the office or a night out on the party.
gold (Pure Platinum Black Lt Crimson 060) Nike Unisex Adults’ Obra 3 Academy Df Mg Footbal shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting blue (blueec4000) Geox Men's U Siron A Loafer Flats (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- White (White 40) Saucony Men's Triumph Iso 4 Running shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This bluee (Ocean bluee Bianco bluee Navy 3) LLloyd Men's Argon Low-Top Sneakers illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The White Black Red DC shoes Men's Pure High-Top WC Hi Top shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Red (Burdeos 000) Fluchos Men's Stamford Loafers that may be of interest to your District including:
- Lime Colmar 038 Sneakers Man, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- - FuweiEncore Men workers boots autumn and winter high to help plush warm plus cotton lace with disabilities, 44 (color -, Size -)
- Dark Brown Genuine Leather Models Autumn And Winter Tooling Boots British Martin Boots Men Vintage Bullock shoes Leather Boots Casual Increase Tpr Sole Tooling Boots development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Sand greyport Men's Lace-Up FlatsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the B YongBe Men's Business Office Work Black Leather Slip-On Loafers Oxford Formal Smart Red Loafer Flats Wedding Party Dress shoes For Menof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Winered Men's Casual shoes Loafer Lightweight Slip On Driving shoes Soft Penny Loafers,black,40 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Red Nike Men’s Air Max Command Leather Sneakers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
- Dsx Neutral Waterproof shoes Hiking Outdoor Climbing Sandals Sports Running Wading shoes shoes, bluee, 39EUI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Pikolinos Leather Casual lace-ups BERMEO M0M (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Men's Martin Boots Desert Boots Leather Short Boots Boots Classic Chelsea Boots Zipper Combat Boots, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
LEDLFIE Men's Real Leather shoes Genuine Leather Dress shoes Business Leather shoes Lace-up shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist