If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Knurling Black HYF Oxford shoes Formal shoes Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style OX Leather Classic Embossed Texture Dress shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Warm Brown SRY-Fashion shoes Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Classical Carving Lace Up Faux Fleece Inside Brogue shoes(Ceremonious Optional) Comfortable Casual shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Brown Men's Perforated Oxford Casual shoes Genuine Leather Lining Lace up Style Easy on & Off Strong Anti Slip Outsole shoes for Men at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Summer Women's Sandals Elegant High Heels Ankle Straps shoes ( color Black , Size 38 )
- VIFUUR Mens Womens Aqua shoes Quick Dry Water shoes Outdoor Indoor shoes Boating Kayaking Diving Beach Swim
- Ryka Women's Hydro Sport Water shoes Cross-Training shoes
- HAWEEL Casual Sports shoes Mesh Comfortable and Breathable Fashion Basketball shoes for Men (color Black Red Size 39)
- T-JULY Women's Winter Slip-on Mid Calf Boots Super High Square Heel Platform Patent Leather Round Toe Plus Size shoes
- Adidas Nemeziz Tango 18.3 Indoor shoes Kid's Soccer 10.5K Zest-Black-Solar Red
- ASH inc Womens As-wilco Oxford
- Men's Leather British Style Business shoes Casual Breathable Convenient Set of shoes Summer Solid color Bright
- THE NORTH FACE Men's Litewave Flow Lace Track & Field shoes
- Pepe Jeans, Sailor Sand PMS10249, Men's Espadrilles
- La Milano Suede Lace Up Leather Oxfords Classic Comfortable Modern Plain Toe Dress shoes for Men
- Nude Marine ECCO Women's Yucatan Sandal
- GLSHI Men Personality Fashion Pointed shoes Slip On Men's shoes Leather New Business Casual Wedding shoes
- JOYBI Womens Gladiator Strappy Flat Sandals Ankle Strap Lace Up Criss Cross-Tied Slip On Buckle Open Toe Sandal
- Unm Women's Simple Sexy Chunky High Heel Low Cut Pointed Toe Dressy Slip On Pumps shoes
- Andrew Stevens Women's Adelina Cross Strapped Buckled Flat
- Gusha Pointed Toe Women's Boots Thick with Long Boots Sexy Over The Knee Boots
- Ladola Womens Soft-Ground Closed-Toe Casual Solid Metal Urethane Pumps shoes
- Boots Ladies Autumn Winter Warm Side Open Zipper Rough Heel Martin
- UMEXI Pointed Toe High Heels Ankle Criss Cross Strap Sandals Stiletto Pumps Wedding Party Dress shoes for Women
- Longbao Privacy Women Heels s Fashion Party Wedding shoes Woman Comfort Quality Elegant Summer Sandals s
- Gola Women’s Bullet Mirror Trainers Black gold
- Women's Leather Ankle Boots Handmade Round Head Short Tube Carved Wedges Women's Boots Thick Brown Size 35-40
- CHENXD shoes, Man's Driving Loafer Casual Anti-Skid Breathable Soft Leather Style Business Easy to Match Boat Moccasins
- Hush Puppies Women's Elliston Lucca Platform Sandal
- Crevo Mens Parrey Fashion Boot
- Twisted X Casual shoes Mens Slip On Driving Moc 8 M Oiled MDMS005
- Jordan Trainer St. Winter Men's Cross Trainers 854562 012 (12.5)
- Ferrini Women's Print Belly Caiman Western Boot
- Shufang-shoes, 2018 Mens New Loafers flats, Men's Mocassins PU Leather Lined Flat Heel Slip-on Minimalism Style lightweight Loafer (color Red Brown, Size 8 UK)
- Hush Puppies Mens Bertrand Chukka Boot
- Red Hot Rio Vince Camuto Womens Sharrey Slide Sandal
- CHENSIR9 2018 New Winter Warm Snow Boots Waterproof Thick Fur Platform Half Boots Fashion Casual shoes
- Anne Michelle Womens Ladies Glitter Effect Ankle Boots
- Pleaser Usa Inc Women's Blood Stain Black Pump shoes Black Red Size 10
- IGI&CO Men's shoes Low Sneakers 3118422 Beige
- J.Bradford Low Boots Black Leather JB-STRAWBER-111
- Rocky Men's 11 Inch Original Ride W037 Western Boot
- WeenFashion Women's Cow Leather Solid Zipper Open Toe No Heel Flats-Sandals
- AllhqFashion Women's Blend Materials Assorted color Buckle Open Toe High Heels Sandals
- AN Womens Square Heels Imitated Suede Pumps shoes DGU00948
- [email protected] Women High Heels Silk and Pointed High Heels Wedding Office and Professional Leisure Purple bluee Red Silver White bluee
- Women's Boots, Large Size Women's shoes PU Fabric High Boots Plush Lining Non-Slip Soles Winter Warm Women's Boots, Comfortable Casual shoes,Pink,43
- Rockport Womens Marah Ankle Strap Espadrille Wedge Sandal
- Converse Womens Chuck Taylor All Star Textile Hi shoes, 7 B(M) US Womens, Oxheart Larkspur Black
- J.Renee Women's Alipha Pump (9.5 M US, gold Black Animal Print)
- Betsey Johnson Womens Lizzie Canvas Espadrille Wedge Sandals
- Gome-z 2018 Women Pumps Fashion Women shoes Buckle Strap Pointed Toe Square High Heel Classic Spring Women Pumps Szie 34-39
- Camel Women Running shoes Lightweight Breathable Sneakers Mesh Tennis shoes Sport
- Gabor Women's Fashion Low-Top Sneakers
- Rachel Zoe Womens Nancy Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals
- Redskins Men’s Solami Hi-Top Trainers
- Easy Go Shopping Business Casual Oxford shoes For Men Genuine Leather Summer Breathable Perforated Dress Loafers Anti-slip Flat Slip-on Round Toe Cricket shoes (color Black perforated, Size 8 UK)
- Adidas Dame 3 shoes - Men's Basketball
- Easy Go Shopping Outdoor Sport Lightweight Athletic shoes for Men Genuine Leather Comfortable Breathable Anti-slip Flat Round Toe Elastic Cord Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Darkbrown Men's Casual shoes Casual Solid color Soft and Light Boat Moccasins Cricket shoes from Warm Khaki XIANGBAO-Personality Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Superficial Retro color Brush Winter False Fleece Inside High Top Boot(Conventional Optional) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Brown XHD-Men's shoes Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable shoes Slip On Carving BBusiness Style Brogue shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust bluee (Steel bluee Peacoat 400) ASICS Men's Gel-Sonoma 4 Running shoes of structured cabling, black (Black) Pepe Jeans Men's Tourist Linen Espadrilles, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black Mens loafers Flats Men's Classic Business Genuine Leather Dress Wedding Casual shoes Lined Anti-slip Round Toe Slip-on Perforated Penny Loafers (color Brown, Size 6 UK), and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
grey Fuxitoggo Men's Casual Classic Chelsea Boots Mid-Top British Restore Old-way Work shoes (color Black, Size 38 EU) (color grey, Size 42 EU)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Brown Yajie-shoes, Business Oxford Casual Classic Carvings British Style Brogue Side Zipper High Top shoes For Men (color Black, Size 6.5 UK) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Black Easy Go Shopping Leisure Penny Loafers For Men Genuine Leather Lightweight Breathable Dress Wedding Flat shoes Tassel Anti-slip Slip-on Round Toe Cricket shoes (color bluee, Size 6.5 UK)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This B YAXUAN New Breathable Basketball shoes Men's High Boots Wear-resistant Shock Absorbing Sports shoes Basketball Student shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
B-summer Breathable ZYFXZ Work shoes Lightweight and comfortable casual soft-soled shoes for men and women, steel toe caps and smash-proof safety shoes, summer breathable and deodorant predection work shoes safety shoes
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The bluee MON5F HOME Men's Winter Plus Velvet Warm Boot Boots Big Dock Layer Leather Men's Cotton shoes Boots England High Tube Men's shoes (color Green, Size 46) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Red Brown Men's Driving Loafer Casual Refreshing OX Leather shoes with Soft Soles Non-Slip Boat Moccasins Cricket shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- White Hhgold Shu, 2018 Men's New Loafer Flats, Men's Flexible Drive Slip-On Casual Soft Genuine Leather Breathable Low Top Size Boot Moccasins, golden Yellow, 4.5 UK (color Black, Size 43.5), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- bluee Lumberjack SM62505-001 Sneakers Man
- - Alfani Mens Jason Leather Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
- Clarks Vine Birch Suede shoes in OliveIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the (Dk.grey 2) camel active Men's Space 38 Low-Top Sneakersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools whiteo (Ftwbla Negbas blue) adidas Hoops Vs Mid, Men’s Trainers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Sequoia Circuit orange Nike Stefan Janoski Max, Unisex Adults' Low-Top Sneakers provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Brown Men's Casual Comfortable Round Toe Low Top Outsole Slip On Formal shoes Fashion Oxford 2019 Mens shoes Lace-upI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Multicolour (Multi - Assorted 999) Camper Men's Drift Low-Top Sneakers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Green Lumberjack SM58705 001 M50 Sneakers Man, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Brown Gordon & Bros Men's Alessio S180785 BootsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist