If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Navy bluee Skechers Flex Advantage 2.0, Men Outdoor Multisport shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop White U.S.POLO ASSN. Men’s 4102S9 C1 shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Navy Chatham Men's Classic II G2 Boat shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- KAANAS Womens Newcastle Knotted Open Toe Slide Chunky Heel Pump
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Slip On Handmade Party Pumps shoes
- Nature Breeze FI06 Women Leatherette Almond Toe Side Slit Chunky Heel Bootie - Tan
- Sanita Womens Laylah - Koi Lite Work shoes
- Converse Men's One Star Shield Canvas, Black orange White
- Acton Quest Industrial Rubber Boot, Camouflage
- Dr. Martens Men's Tevin Slip-On shoes
- Marc Fisher LTD Womens Charly
- shoes Breathable safety work sandals, steel toe cap summer puncture predective tooling, non-slip wear-resistant hiking, suitable for construction sites, welding ZDDAB
- Ailj Men's Old Beijing shoes, Linen Cloth Upper Korean Version of Breathable Flat Casual shoes Classic Low-top Sneakers 3 colors
- 3N2 Reaction Referee Basketball shoes - Patent Leather - EE - Wide Width - Size 6.5
- London Brogues Sky Walker Gatsby Hi Boots Leather Wingtip Ankle Formal Wedding Boots
- Dark Steel Black Neon Lime ASICS Men's Gel Venture 5 Running shoes
- JaHGDU Women's Round Toe shoes Flat Booties Buckle Quality Suede Solid color Martin Boots Elegant Cosy Wild Tight Super Casual for Womens
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam 80v3 Training shoes
- FizaiZifai Women Fashion High Heel Sandals Platform
- Rongzhi Womens Platform Hollow High Heels Stiletto Zip Heeled Sandals Pumps Dress Party shoes Open Toe
- Nine West Womens Welldone Suede Fashion Sneaker
- FEWW11 Women Cute Lightweight shoes Sneakers Humor Pig Poster Breathable Sport Lace-Up
- CYBLING Womens Platform Wedge Sneakers High Top Side Zipper Mid Heel Booties Casual Flat shoes
- A-BUYBEA Women's Platform Chunky High Heel Vegan Leather Glazed Slouch Boot
- GIY Women's Winter Suede Snow Boots Mid Calf Quilted Buckle Slip On Low Wedge Heel Casual Wide Snow Boots
- Pleaser Women's Dagger-12 B Pump
- Women Bikes Calf Boots Middle Tube Casual Boots Autumn Winter Flat Grip Sole Army Combat Boots Stud Punk Boots Trainers Size (Wide Fit) Boots
- Sandals Female 2019 New Pointed Wine Glass with Low to Help A Word Buckle with A Single shoes Stiletto Sexy High Heels Simple Waterproof Platform shoes (color gold, Size 35)
- Teva Mens M Hurricane Xlt2 Cross Strap Sport Sandal
- DSFGHE Boots Mens Leather Chukka Martin Boots Chelsea Ankle Boots Casual Work shoes Fighting Snow Boots High Help Lace-up Boots
- Dolphin Women's Fashion White bluee Stiletto Slim Dress Pumps SM00033
- Scarpa Women's Gecko Lite Approach shoes
- Leather and Winter Models European Station Boots Stiletto Pointed High Heel Sexy Winter Rhinestone Women's shoes High Heels (color Black, Size 34)
- Tan 71 Top Moda Women Pack-72 Boots
- Lucksender Womens Lace Up Closed Toe Stiletto Heels Ankle Boots
- Smith & Ink Leo's High-top Sneakers
- Leather Sandals for Men, Spring Summer Comfort Hiking shoes Outdoor Sports Sewing Fisherman Breathable Beach shoes, Velcro flip-Flops
- Merrell Mens 1Six8 Mesh Light Breathable Athletic Moccasin Trainers
- TideWe Hunting Boot for Men, Insulated Waterproof Durable 16 Men's Hunting Boot, 6mm Neoprene and Rubber Outdoor Boot Realtree Edge Camo
- FRETZ men Men's Stans Derbys
- Women Slippers Cute Pig Shape Home Floor Soft Female shoes Girls Winter Spring Warm shoes
- LFL by Lust for Life Women's LL-Tumble Ankle Boot
- Clarks Women's Leisa Vine Sandals
- NAYINLAN Women Walking Running shoes pink Cat Print Breathable Sport Sneakers
- ASICS Onitsuka Tiger Mexico66 Knit Ankle-High Fabric Running shoes
- Womens Micro Suede Thigh High Boot Block Thick Heel Stretch Over The Knee shoes Comfortable Boots
- Women's High Heel Pumps 2019 Summer Sandals PVC Buckle Stiletto, Fashion Ladies Ultra High Heels Party Dress Court shoes,Black,39
- Jiang Women's shoes Leatherette PU Spring Summer Comfort Novelty Heels Walking shoes Stiletto Heel Round Toe Buckle Sandals
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Yellow (Vapor Lemon White Black 758) Converse Unisex Adults' Lifestyle One Star Mid Suede Fitness shoes from Navy DC - Mens Mikey Taylor 2 S Low Top shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Black Easy Go Shopping Men's shoes Ankle Boots Casual High-top Lace Up Outdoor Big Size Work Boots Cricket shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust White (Optical White Ver Cl white) Le Coq Sportif Unisex Adults' Icons Lea Sport Gum Bass Trainers of structured cabling, Red Wine JIALUN-shoes Fashion Men's Business Oxford Casual Microfiber Leather Formal Solid color shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black JUJIANFU-shoes 2018 New Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Casual Middle-Aged Lace Up Simplicity Fleece Lined Cotton shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
- Men's Fashion Moccasins Wave Sole Soft & Super Light Slip On Driving Loafer (color Brown, Size 10 UK)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Glossy Black Man Casual Leather Soft Driving Loafer Sole Solid color Business Bean shoes Boat Moccasins For Party, Casual Or Even Formal Events (color Matte black, Size 7.5 UK) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- B ZIXUAP Men's Running shoes Fashion Breathable Sneakers Mesh Soft Sole Casual Athletic Lightweight Walking Footwear
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This - Himalaya shoes Laces M-2711 bluee - bluee, 40 EUR 6.5 UK 8.5 USA illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Brown Ruanyi Men's Fashion Oxford Casual Comfortable Low Top Simple Pure color Slip On Formal shoes men (color Khaki, Size 9.5 UK) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide A ZYFA Casual shoes Casual shoes suede high-top shoes flat with rubber sole wear-resistant wild Martin boots (color B, Size 41) that may be of interest to your District including:
- Brown Fuxitoggo Male boots high to help round Martin boots with cashmere (color Brown, Size 39), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- As shown YAYADI Unisex Running shoes Camouflage Men Height Increase Sports Trekking shoes Trainers Army Green Plus Size
- Brown HYLFF Men hiking shoes,Winter Warm Ankle Boots,Outdoor hiking footwear Anti-Slip Leather Sneaker Waterproof Safety Boots development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
A Men's shoes, Leather Spring Fall Loafers & Slip-Ons For Party & Evening Party & Evening Outdoor Office & Career Driving shoes (color A, Size 42)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the orange (Easy orange Ftwr White Crystal White Easy orange Ftwr White Crystal White) adidas Men's Gazelle Gymnastics shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Black (Classic Tumble Black True White) Vans Unisex Adults' Old Skool Leather Trainers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from - adidas shoes Court Jam Bounce Clay provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
orange (Arancione Energi Energi Negbas) adidas Men's Terrex Agravic Speed Trail Running shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Brown (Mocca 01) camel active Men's Taylor 13 Biker Boots (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Warm Brown Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Casual and Fleece Lined Warm Outsole High Top Boot , establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Black Softburn camel active Men's Jeremy DerbyDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist