If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Black (Black Leather) Clarks Men's Batcombe Hall Derbys allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Green (Mineral Green) New Balance Men's 574v2 Trainers, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Brown (Oak Brown) Stonefly Men's Space Up 1 Nubuk Low-Top Slippers at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - FABI Women's FABI5731 Black Leather Pumps
- Anne Michelle Womens Ladies Stiletto High Heel Peep Toe Lace Up shoes
- FLourishing Women's Gladiator Ankle Strap Low Heels Open Toe Block Heeled Strappy Sandals
- Gnarly Tees Illustrated Pug Casual shoes
- Ailj Women's Sandals, with Sandals Woman's Slide Canvas Knot Bow Summer Non-Slip Casual Sandals Bow Sandals Black
- LOVIRS Women's Velvet Backless Slip On Loafers Flats Embroidery Mule Slippers shoes
- A-BUYBEA Women's Fashion Sequin Star Chunky High Heel Denim Ankle Boots shoes
- ERSER gold Leopard Print Outdoor Running shoes Women
- Puma GV 500 Woven Mesh
- Karhu men Flow 6 IRE finnish bluee white silver
- colorful Large Leopard Print Sport Women Minimalist Running shoes NMD
- Havaianas Womens Slim Pets Flip Flop Sandal
- Hoxekle Women Over The Knee Boots Sexy Thin High Heel Winter Long Boots Thick Platform Soft Suede Casual Fashion
- Antelope Watanabe Side Gore Boots Women's Short Boots
- BCBGeneration Womens Nikita Flat Ballet Flat
- Men's Keep Warm shoes Casual Leather High-top Plus Velvet Martin Boots Booties Non Slip Waterproof (color B, Size 39)
- Nine Seven Women's Genuine Leather Round Toe Flat Heel Mid Calf Boots - Handmade Wide Width Lace Up Short Boots
- Btrada Black Women's Platform Casual shoes Wedge Waterproof Lace Up High Heel Fashion Sneaker
- Salewa Women's Alp Trainer Mid GTX Hiking Boot
- Patent leather Men's business fashion PU leather shoes classic lace Loafers square texture strong outsole oxford shoes Formal wear Dress shoes (color Brown, Size 8 UK)
- Infrared 23 Gym Red White Jordan Nike Men's Reveal Basketball shoes
- Boots Mens Chukka Desert Combat Boots Chelsea Martin Boots Breathable Snow Boots Work Boots Lace-up shoes Hiking
- Vans Old Skool, Unisex Adults’ Trainers
- Shukun Men's boots Men'S Martin shoes Autumn And Winter Tooling Boots Wild Fashion Short Retro Desert High-Top Leather Boots
- Hoka One One Mens Bondi LTR Running Sneaker shoes
- WHW Women's Spring Summer Club shoes PU Party Evening Dress Casual Stiletto Heel Sandals,32,Light bluee
- Women Comfy Platform Sandal shoes Women Orthotic Sandals Summer Beach Travel Slippers shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- INC International Co Radka Women US 8 Brown Sandals
- York Zhu Women Fashion Sneakers - Slip-On Weave Canvas Loafers Flats shoes
- Natural Soul Womens Dallas Peep Toe Mules
- Houfeoans Women shoes Bownot High Heel Sandals Pointed Toe Striped Thick Heel Sandals Summer shoes Footwear
- Women's shoes Rubber Spring Summer Novelty Comfort Sandals Walking shoes Chunky Heel Block Heel Translucent Heel Open Toe Buckle Crystal
- GIY Women's Winter Hiking Snow Ankle Boots Waterproof Outdoor Hiker Non-Slip Casual Walking Short Booties
- Spring Step Professional Womens Manila-paintpot Clog
- WeiPoot Women's Frosted Zipper Round-Toe High-Heels Low-Top Boots, EGHXH020174
- BATZ KZ Handmade Leather Mens Slip-on Clog Mule
- DATAIYANG Men's shoes Casual Fashion 2019 Breathable Spring Work Designer shoes Men Luxury Solid Black Lace Up Men shoes Classic
- VANGELO Men's Tuxedo shoes TAB Dress shoes Oxford Wrinke Free Grey Patent 16M
- Skechers Performance Womens Go Walk 3 Unfold Walking shoes
- Vans Womens Square Perf Old Skool DX Leather Trainers
- Ariat Womens Tracey Pull On Composite Toe Boots 8634B060-6 Medium
- Victoria Unisex Adults' Safari Serraje Alta Trainers
- Easy Go Shopping Work Boots Business shoes Mens Comfortable Genuine Leather Fashion Casual Oxford shoes Anti-slip Low Top Flat Lace Up Cricket shoes (color Brown, Size 7.5 UK)
- Salomon Men′s Hiking shoes XA Pro 3D CSWP K 378435 30 green-bluee EU 26
- Adidas Madoru 2 M - AF5372
- Black LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Small White shoes Men'S Leather Men'S shoes Korean Version Of The Flat White Sports shoes Wild Trend Men'S shoes
- bluee Green Silver Saucony Originals Women's Jazz Lowpro Sneakers
- AIWEIYi Women Pumps Solid Square High Heels Pointed Toe Platform Dress shoes Red
- Artfaerie Womens Lace Up High Heel Platform Ankle Boots Wedge Heels Fur Lined Winter Booties
- Nature Breeze Womans Western Ankle Boots Modern, Casual Fashion shoes
- Baffin Women's Ease Snow Boots
- RonKite Women shoes Light Breathable Leather Fashion shoes Casual Sneakers shoes women
- AdeeSu Womens Solid Nubuck Casual Urethane Pumps shoes SDC06070
- T-JULY Womens British Style Tassel Loafers Penny Casual Dress Pumps Soft Flat shoes
- Dr. Scholl's Womens Cozy Madison
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black JKLSNMA hiking shoes Outdoor Sport Bag For Men Tactical Travel Camping Hiking Climbing Bags Gym Cycling Running Bags Military Waist Bag For Women from Wine L.W.S Men's PU Leather shoes Wingtip Snake Skin Texture Vamp Lace Up Block Heel Lined Oxfords was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Silver JHHXW Sneakers, high-top, men's casual, personality, youth, street dance, student to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Multicolour (Black Shark Gum Bs7993) Reebok Men's Royal Glide Lx Trainers of structured cabling, Black Retro Mod Unisex Leather Monkey Boots in Black and Oxblood, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black (Black Leather Blk Black) Cole Haan Men's Grand Crosscourt Ii Sneaker, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Brown JIALUN-shoes Men's Fashion Oxford Effortless Comfortable Slip On Classical Solid color Round Toe Formal shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting White FeiNianJSh Men's Stylish Driving Penny Loafers Casual shoes Bare Vamp Leisure Boat Moccasins Soft Rubber Sole shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Lace Brn JIALUN-shoes Fashion Men's Business shoes Matte PU Leather & Canvas Splice Slip-on Breathable Lined Oxfords(Lace-up Optional)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Brown Men's Perforated Oxford Casual shoes Genuine Leather Lining Lace up Style Easy on & Off Strong Anti Slip Outsole shoes for Men illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Wine Z.L.F Men's Low Top Fashion shoes Matte Breathable Hollow Carving PU Leather Slip-on Lined Oxfords shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Khaki Fuxitoggo Men's Flat Flip-Flop Slippers (color Yellow, Size 41), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- bluee XHD-Men's shoes Men's Simple Fashion Oxford Casual Low Top Solid color Simple Velvet Fleece Lined Semi Formal shoes(Conventional Optional)
- Brown Plus Velvet MON5F HOME Men's Fashion Boots Winter Men's Boots Martin Boots Plus Velvet Large Size Leather Men's Cotton shoes Short Boots British High To Help Men's shoes Tide (color bluee, Size 43) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
A Men'S shoes, Fall Winter British High-Top shoes Men Pointed Lace-Up Casual shoes European American Matte Leather Fashion Boots,A,39If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Brown (Dk Tan Dk Tan) Kickers Men's Kick Hi Ankle Bootsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Black FuweiEncore Slippers Flip Flops Summer Canvas Outdoor Flat Braided Heel Strap Black Brown Upstream Men's shoes (color Black, Size UK 6.5) describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Whitesingle Men's Non-slip Wear resistant Business shoes Cozy Breathable Sleeve Middle-aged shoes Low help casual shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Reddish Brown Breathable Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafers For Men Round Toe Oxfords Casual Flat Penny Leather Upper Slip On Stitch Walking Boat shoes Lightweight Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 5.5 UK)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its White (Ftwr White Ftwr White Ftwr White Ftwr White Ftwr White Ftwr White) adidas Men's EQT Support Adv Gymnastics shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Black Black Active Red adidas Kids' Predator 19.3 Firm Ground Soccer shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Brown (Kenia 4) Lloyd Men's Lando DerbysDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist