If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Cole Haan Men's Madison Grand Plain-Toe Oxford allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Ted Baker Men's Affil Loafer, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Danner Men's San Angelo Snake Boot Western at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - 4US CESARE PACIOTTI Men's 4USWU6G Grey Suede Sneakers
- Gritu Women's Lightweight Athletic Running shoes Breathable Sport Air Fitness Gym Jogging Sneakers
- KAOKAOO Women's Peas shoes Winter Boot Faux Fur House Slippers Breathable shoes
- Edv0d2v266 High Heels Sandals Women Pumps Thin Heel Summer shoes Fashion pompes
- AnnaKastle Kara Womens Patent Heel Mule Slipper gold Buckle
- Shower Sandal EVA Drain Slippers Women Men Non-Slip Soft Open Toe (US Women 7(S) Men 6(S), Pink)
- AllhqFashion Women's High-top Lace-up Frosted Kitten-Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- MUK LUKS Womens Women's Leela Boots Fashion Boot
- Y-H Men's Formal shoes,microfiber Fall winter Slip-Ons Driving shoes, Martins Boots,Military Boots Formal Business Work (color Brown, Size 42)
- Nike 844599-005, Trainers for Boys, Grey (Anthracite Wolf Grey Gym Net), 38.5
- Womens Folk Style Canvas Peony Embroidered Cloth Mary Jane shoes Breathable Casual Walking Ethnic Dancing shoes Black,8 B(M) US
- Houfeoans Real Leather Simple Spring Party Sandals Summer Vacation Buckle Summer shoes Women
- Rockport Womens Total Motion 75mm Pointy Toe Pump Pump
- Womens Martin Boots Vintage British Style Short Boots Autumn and Winter
- Crazy-Shop Women shoes Winter Leather Women Boots with Pearls High Heel Ankle Boots
- Georgia Boot Men's Georgia Oiler Work shoes
- Z.L.F shoes Men's Business Oxford Casual Simple Round Toe Formal shoes Leather shoes
- Frye Women's Sabrina 6G Lace up Suede Boot
- High Heels, Women's Sandals - Waterproof Platform high Heel Sandals - Dinner - Wedding shoes (Heel Height 8cm)
- Lumberjack Loafers-shoes Mens Suede Beige
- Nude Charles by Charles David Womens Adrielle Wedge Sandal
- Xxoshoe Classic Men's color PU Leather Height Increasing Elevator shoes Business Lace up Oxfords Abrasion Resistant
- Jomos Men's Sneaker 316323-83-860 Ocean bluee
- JUJIANFU-shoes Men's Casual Breathable Penny Loafers Genuine Leather Drive Dress shoes Light-Weight Insipid Lined Slip On Round Toe
- Rockport Men's Style Future Algonquin Oxford
- Mr Z Waroom Casual shoes Summer Women shoes Sandals Flat shoes Casual Sandals and Slippers Summer Slippers flip Flops
- Pretty Women Dabbing Turtle Cool Slip on Beach Sandals and Anti-Slip Shower Slipper Comfort Sandals
- ONCEFIRST Unisex Unisex Flip Flops Leather Sandals Slippers for Beach
- AmoonyFashion Women's Solid PU Kitten-Heels Round Toe Buckle Sandals
- Wuixkas bluee Dog Foot Bones Womens Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Comfortable Running shoes
- T-JULY Women's Fashion Metal Bowknot Chunky Low Heel Flat Loafers Square Toe Pumps Slip-on Dress Comfy Lazy shoes
- Call It Spring Women's Adiralla Pump
- French Sole FS NY Womens Posh Ballet Flat
- Pleaser Womens flam809ln r m Platform Sandal
- Fly London Womens Black Ster Atlantis Boots
- Sandals Ladies Rivets Single shoes color Studs Buckle Pointed Flat shoes
- Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Hollow-Out Office & Career Breathable Comfort Outdoor Lazy shoes Formal Business Work (color A, Size 43)
- Wonderheel 7 stiletto heel knee high ballet shoes matte fetish lacing padlocks ballet boots
- Think - Camilla - 8342609
- Nike AIR Jordan 1 Retro HIGH OG 'golden Harvest' - 555088-710 - Size 11
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Round Toe Chunky Heel Lace Up Handmade Pumps shoes
- Quiksilver 3mm Syncro - Round Toe Surf Boots EQYWW03009
- Men Boots Combat Desert shoes Forces High Help Lightweight Breathable Boot
- Rieker Caval Mens Casual Lace Up shoes
- Deer Stags Men's Fit Redwood Loafer 11.5 W (3E)
- Charcoal Stacy Adams Men's CYD Slip-on Driver Loafer Driving Style
- Dark Brown Suede Easy Spirit Women's Traveltime Mule
- Lelehwhge Women's Dressy Buckle Strap Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heels Mules shoes Sandals Yellow 8 M US
- Cdsodance Women's Open Toe Party Fashion Suede and mesh Salsa Tango Ballroom Latin Dance Sandals 3.3 Heel
- Sunlome Vintage Fleurette golden Floral Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- Summer 10Cm Strange High Heels Glitter Sandals Lady Sexy Strap Prom Wedding Pumps Female Footwear Block Heels shoes
- Cambridge Select Women's Closed Pointed Toe Buckled Ankle Slingback Mid Kitten Heel Pump
- Women's shoes PU Spring Summer Closed Toe Sandals Fashion Flat Slippers Flat Heel for Casual Large Size
- KushyShoo Women's Matte and Light Ankle Rain Boot Rubber Elastic Rain Booties
- Carrano Womens Amelie Dress Flat Sandal Desert 7,9
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This ARIAT Men's Linesman Ridge 6 Gore-Tex 400G Composite Toe Work Boot from Salomon Outpath shoes Men bluee shoes Size UK 7.5 EU 41 1 3 2018 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Adidas Tactical ADV Snowboard Boot Mens to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust SMYTHE & DIGBY Smythe and Digby Men's Black Velvet Slippers Albert Loafers pink and Sword Embroidered Motif of structured cabling, Danner Men's Portland Select Mountain Light Brawler Hiking Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Pearl iZUMi X-Project PRO Cycling shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Lucchese Men's Lawrence Black Cherry Lonestar Calf Roper Riding BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Kenetrek Unisex 13 Inch Northern Insulated Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Danner Men's Super Rain Forest Uninsulated Work Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Prada Men's 4X3252 Fabric Sandals illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Holy Land Market Unisex Genuine Leather Biblical Flip Flops (Jesus - Yashua) Nazareth Style runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- - Franklin & Marshall Men's FTUA983S18RED Red Rubber Sandals, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Brown New Balance 754, Unisex-Adults' Combat Boot
- Purple LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Men'S shoes Large Size shoes Spring Casual Sickle Mens Designer shoes For Men Pointed Toe Loafers Slip On development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Khaki shoes FHCGMX Fashion Flock Martin Boots Male For Men shoes Adult Winter Comfortable Warm Short Plush Walking Ankle FootwearIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Brown Art Grass, Men’s Ankle Bootsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Black (Bbk - Black) Skechers Equaliser Persistent Men's Sneakers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Black DFHJRFKREDY Genuine Leather Brogues for Men Vintage Derby Formal Lace Footwear Business shoes Classic Wedding Up provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Wine L.W.S Men's PU Leather shoes Wingtip Snake Skin Texture Vamp Lace Up Block Heel Lined OxfordsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Black Silver Metallic White Adidas Men's Adizero Afterburner V Baseball shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by bluee Hollow Men's Fashion Moccasins Wave Sole Soft & Super Light Slip On Driving Loafer , establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Red SRY-Fashion shoes Men's Drive Loafer Moccasin Slip on Oxfords Crocodile Pattern Microfiber Leather Classical Fashion Buckle Boat shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist