If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s KUKI Men's Martin Boots Autumn And Winter Retro Tooling Boots Cowboy Boots Motorcycle Boots Non-Slip Waterproof Boots Casual Leather Boots,Black,UK4 EUR38 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Fuxitoggo Martin boots high to help autumn and winter frosted boots boots hiking boots men (color Black, Size 41), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Adidas Ax2, Men’s Derby Lace-up at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Pink MEIZOKEN Women's Chunky Heel Platform Sandal Peep Toe Mid Heels Bowknot Ankle Strap Pump Sandals
- HuangKang Women Pumps 2019 Summer High Heels Sandals PVC Transparent Women Heels Wedding shoes Waterproof Sandals
- G By Guess Chai Women Round Toe Canvas White Sneakers
- HANBINGPO 2019 Clear Heels Ladies Sandals Women Summer shoes Women Transparent shoes High Heels Pumps Jelly
- Forever Tory-63 Womens Cut Out Back Zip Flat Sandals
- Sexy Leopard Pattern Stiletto High Heels shoes Women Pumps Woman shoes
- Puma R698 Speckle2, Unisex Adults’ Low-Top Sneakers
- No Risk model Tease Football Trainer EN ISO 203 45 20 04 S3
- Danner Men's Fort Lewis 10 Uniform Boot
- Luxehome Set of 5 Closed Toe Waffle Spa Slipper Include 2 Different Size and color
- Wallhewb Women New Lace Up Mesh Wedges Mixed colors Platform Casual shoes Joker Wear Resistant Soft Fashionable Beautiful Elegant Black 6.5 M US shoes
- Longbao High Heels Pumps 100% Genuine Cow Leather Pointed Toe Woman Quality Elegant Office Pumps
- QDL1 ASILETO ASILETO Mid-Calf Boots for Women Waterproof Winter Boots Warm shoes Woman Snow Boots Big Size46 Bota Feminina Footwear botasS618
- Themost Womens Long Thigh High Metallic Mirror Pointy Toe Stiletto Heel Over The Knee Tall Booties(pink gold 9)
- Nike Womens Pre Montreal Racer Vintage Textile Trainers
- Trespass Womens Ladies Mitzi Waterproof Walking Boots
- DATAIYANG Mens shoes Pig Leather Suede Solid Design Lace Up Luxury Casual shoes Men Fashions Classic British Tooling Men shoes
- Diba Simon Says Leather Sandal, Black Leopard, Size 6.0
- ARIAT Women's Heritage Western R Toe Fashion Boot
- Nike Womens Blazer Mid BHM Suede High Top Fashion Sneakers
- DIESEL Men's S-imaginee Sneaker Mid
- Hhgold Men's Moccasins shoes, Men Driving Penny Loafers Bare Vamp Slip On Casual Boot Low Top Moccasins Soft Rubber Sole Adjustable Backless (color bluee, Size 40 EU) (color Brown, Size 45 EU)
- KOLHAPURI CHAPPAL Original Elegant Seaweed Half shoes For Men Slipper Sandal
- Supra Avex Off White Mens Trainers
- 1839 Grey HKR Womens Wide Platform shoes Suede Loafers Slip On Wedge Sneakers Comfortable Work shoes
- DBQWTY Women's high-Heeled shoes Latin shoes Ballroom shoes
- Missfiona Womens Glittering Peep-Toe Ballroom Dance Practice shoes for Latin Tango Salsa
- Skechers Womens Kiss - Smooch
- KAOKAOO Women's Genuine Leather shoes Rubber Sole Winter shoes
- Wine FeiNianJSh Men's Square Texture shoes PU Leather shoes Upper Breathable Business Lace Up shoes Low Top Lined Oxfords (Loafer Optional
- Refyds-es Okapi Drawings Womens Fashion Slip on Low Top Lightweight Canvas Basketball shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Frosted Buckle Round Closed Toe Kitten Heels Mid Top Boots
- 2019 Fashion Brand Women Flat shoes Sandals Summer Wedge Gladiator Slides Lady Casual shoes
- San hojas Peep Toe Sandals High Heels Plus Size 10 11 12
- Imagine Vince Camuto Women's Jefre Wedge Sandal
- Fly London Women's Jome Luxor Leather Zip up Wedge Boot Black
- WINTER-TUFF 1450.XL 10 Cleated Studded Outsole Boot, X-Large, Black
- Madden girl Alicee Lace up Combat Boots, Burgundy
- It's a big deal Mens shoes Casual Spring Pointed to Slip On shoes Men Loafers Vintage Split Leather Black Brown,Black,6.5
- Mamamoo Ankle Strap shoes 13 45 Round Toe Novelty Heelless Unisex Pumps 20 cm high Heels Women Gothic
- Superga 2750 Macramew, Women's Low-Top Sneakers Low-Top Sneakers, White (White), 5 UK (38 EU)
- Manitobah Mukluks Snowy Owl Ladies Boot in Black (10)
- Softee Free, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- QIDI Sandals Men Summer Trend Non-slip Black White Beach shoes (color White, Size UE40 UK7)
- Daniel Hechter Men's 811415041100 Derbys
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Jiahe Motorcycle Leather shoes for Men Zipper-up Chukka Boots Western Cowboy Boots with Fashion Hanging Chain Rivets,39 from Donald J Pliner Men's Otto Oxford was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a shoes house Men's Duke Side Zip Dress Boot Pointed-Toe Toloni Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Merrell Men's, Moab 2 Vent Mid Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boots Boulder 10.5 M of structured cabling, Vans UA Old Skool Silver Metallic Textile 5.5 M US Men 7 M US Women, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Dilize Men's Wingtip Oxford Brogue Party Dress shoes in Leather, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Frank Wright Vogts Brunette Leather Chelsea BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Nike Men's 620465 601 Running shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- BNMZXNN Men's Casual Leather Desert Boots Outdoor Army Fans Tactical Army Hiking Boots Military Work Boots,Black-43
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This JCZR Men's Business Dress shoes Brock Carved Lace Wedding shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nike Men's 844876-003 Fitness shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Grinders Bertrum Burgundy Men's Womens American Brogue Lace up Leather shoes New that may be of interest to your District including:
- Adidas Adizero Flow Core High Jump shoes Black, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Clarks Un Sanford Lace-Ups Mens
- Cole Haan Men's Great Jones Plain Oxford development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
T.U.K. shoes V9269 Unisex-Adult Creepers, Midnight bluee Velvet CreeperIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Vans Men's Sk8-Hi Reissue Trainers, Blackof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Versace Jeans T-Shirt Art Black - B2HOA7A2 Art Black - 40(EU)-14(UK) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Adidas Unisex Adults’ Swift Run 118 Trainers GreyI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Solidus Men's M7b-3079-2 2 Loafer Flats (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by ZHRUI Mens Lace up Side Zip Chukka Boots Genuine Leather Fur Lined Ankle Boots (color Brown, Size UK 6.5), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Florsheim Mens 15118-001 Frisco Plain ToeDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist