If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Dr. Martens Unisex 1460 ALT Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Mezlan Men's Rodin Slip-On Loafer, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Diesel Men's V S-Spaark Mid Woven Fashion Sneaker at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Diba True Womens Ink Away Leather Open Toe Ankle Strap, Sand Suede, Size 9.5
- Aravon Women's Revsolace Flat, Black Smooth, 6.5 D US
- Men's shoes Low-Top Sneakers Lace Up Casual Daily Walking shoes Sports shoes Running shoes Fall New,A,40
- Sand Socks Vincere Elite for Snorkeling, Beach Soccer, Sand Volleyball
- Demonia DEMONIAW Womens MUERTO-1001 BPU PWCH Boots
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Wedge Heel Platform Zip Handmade Knee High Boot
- Nike Mens Okwahn II Energy Leather Lifestyle Hiking, Trail shoes
- XDLJL European Version Men's Lace Leather shoes Business Dress shoes Suit shoes
- Men's Hiking Sandals,Summer,Travel,Comfort,weightweight,Casual Leather shoes Toe Cap Fashion Outdoor Beach shoes
- Adidas Crazylight Boost 2.5 Low, Men's Basketball shoes
- NANXZ Men 's Winter Leather Warm Plus Cashmere Straps High Top Martin Boots Outdoor Leisure Black Brown
- Pebble Rock Ridge Whisper White PUMA Men's Tsugi Apex Summer Sneaker
- Fila Men's F-13V Leather Synthetic shoes White Sycamore Biking Red 7
- Wokasun.JJ Women Thick Outerwear Hooded Coat Short Slim Cotton-padded Jackets Fur Coats
- Rocket Dog Womens Campo Daytona Cotton Fashion Sneaker
- Womens Slipper Socks Cozy Indoor Socks Winter Warm Thicken Floor Socks, Size 4-9.5
- BalaMasa Womens Studded Beaded Burnished Urethane Slides Sandals ASL05783
- AmoonyFashion Women's Solid Pu Kitten-Heels Open-Toe Buckle Sandals, BUTLT006529
- Newnorthstar Height Increasing Women's Vulcanize shoes Zip Platform shoes Soft Denim Canvas Sneakers
- Dogs Pattern Christmas Set With Dog Running Sneakers For Women
- Peony red Leather Luxury Brand Hollow Slippers Summer Casual Sandals Fashion Women Outdoor Slippers Indoor flip Flop EU 34-42
- Poetic Licence Womens Velveteen Bronze Wedge Heel shoes Size
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Ankle Strap Handmade D'orsay Dress Pump
- CHENXD shoes, Men's Classic Business Lace Up Round Toe Genuine Leather shoes Casual Light-Weight Rivet Lined Dress Wedding Loafers Flat
- WeiPoot Women's PU Chunky Heels Closed-Toe Pumps-shoes with Platform
- SPLNWTFHCNWPCB Young Men Student Fashion shoes Joker Sport Low Cut shoes
- Nike Women's WMNS Air Zoom Pegasus 34, ICE bluee bluee Fox
- MAYPIE Womens Toairpl Leather Zipper Mid-Calf Boots
- ASICS Women's Gel-Nimbus 20, Carbon Carbon
- LXJL Sports outdoor Sandals, summer men's leather beach shoes breathily exposed Toes,Brown,40
- INMONARCH Mens Navy bluee Wedding shoes Wales Pattern MJ0149
- Black Icerom Women's Classic Ballerina Flats Elastic Crossing Straps
- Rhinestone Silver Beading Evening Bag Handbag Crossbody Bag Women Bag
- Uirend shoes Women Lace Up Flats - Round Toe Rhinestones Glitter Comfort Casual Brogues Moccasins Dress shoes
- SUNNY Store Womens Spring Platform Pumps Ladies Sexy High Heeled shoes
- Lacoste Men's, Lerond 317 Lace up Sneakers
- Rockport Men's Essential Details Ii Apron Toe Derbys
- Stetson Men's Ketchum Work Boot
- Unm Women's Rhinestone Dress Pointed Toe Short Boots Stiletto High Heel Inside Zip Up Ankle Booties with Zipper
- WeiPoot Women's Round Closed Toe Pull-On Assorted color Kitten-Heels Pumps-shoes
- BeautyOriginal Women's Round Toe Lace-up Ankle Boots for Winter with Low Heel
- Single shoes Spring and Summer Flat Shallow Mouth Round Head Ethnic Style Ladies shoes
- Breckelles ED35 Women Suede Open Toe Fringe T-Strap Single Sole Sandal
- Rialto shoes Ferrell Women's Boot
- Pearl Izumi Womens W X-ALP Launch SPD Cycling shoes
- Aravon Women's Beverly-AR Boot,Brown,8.5 2E US
- Northside Mens Waverunner Water shoes
- Teva Men's M Sanborn Universal Sandal
- Women's Booties, High Heel Thick Heel Side Zipper Non-Slip Pointed Martin Boots Winter Comfortable Simple Wild Leather Ladies Boots (color B, Size 35)
- Cover Plus Size 5-12 New Alligator Print Genuine Leather Dress Ankle Boots Mens shoes Black
- Aldo Women's Juliusa Dress Sandal Black
- Men's shoes Feifei Winter Non-Slip Keep Warm Casual Fashion Snow Boots 3 colors (color Black, Size EU 41 UK7.5-8 CN42)
- ZHRUI Mens Dress shoes Black Men Oxford shoes Lace Up Casual Business Males shoes Men Wedding shoes (color Brown a, Size 8.5=42 EU)
- Tredflex TF4193A Polished Leather Brogue shoes
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox Ankle-High Fashion Sneaker
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Way of Wade Men's Wow 5 Birthday Basketball shoes from Irish Setter Men's 867 Trailblazer Waterproof 7 Big Game Hunting Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike Men's Air Zoom Spiridon '16 SE Total orange AJ2030-800 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust ECCO Men's Terra Evo High Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot of structured cabling, Dr Martens Unisex Jadon Vegan Quad Cambridge Brush Boots, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Skechers Men's Burgin-Sosder Industrial Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Bruno Magli Magli Men's PITTO Loafer, Black, M085 M USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Nike Mens Free Rn Motion Fk 2017 Low Top Pull On Running, Black, Size 14.0 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Irish Setter Men's 4838 Deer Tracker 10 Hunting Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This HOKA ONE ONE Vanquish 2 Running Sneaker shoes - Mens illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nike Men's Air Max 2017 Running shoes (7.5 (M) US, Black White Anthracite) runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Nike Air More Uptempo 96 Mens 921948-102 Size 15, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nike Shox Gravity Mens Ar1999-700 Size 15
- FRYE Men's Dawson Wedge Workboot Fashion Boot, Cognac, 7 M M US development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Asolo Men's Fugitive GTX Hiking Boots, Wool Black, 11.5 2E USIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Air Jordan 13 Retro Low Pure Platinum - 310810 100of 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Geox Men's U Kapsian D Classic Boots provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Steve Madden Men's's Fathom SneakerI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Olive Dolomite Men's Lace-Up shoes Cinquantaquattro Low Fg Gtx Grey Brown-Uk10, 5 (45) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Black (Core Black Core Black Hi-res Red S18) adidas Men's Duramo 9 Running shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
bluee (Navy) New Balance Men's 574v2-core' TrainersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist