If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s OTTO ZONE Leather Chukka Boots for Men Fashion Zipper-up Boots Casual shoes OZ-JH1864 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop HOKA ONE ONE Men's Speedgoat, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new NIKE Kd Trey 5 Vi Mens Aa7067-135 Size 8.5 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Nike AIR Vapormax Flyknit 2 'RED Orbit' - AR5406-600
- Monicas-Dream Women Soft Luxury Sexy Sandals Ladies Casual Versatile Beach shoes shoes Flat Slippers
- Ladiamonddiva New Adult Casual shoes Women Denim Canvas Rubber Breathable lace-up Platforms Summer Solid shoes for Woman
- Women's Casual Canvas shoes Solid colors Low Top Lace Up Flat Fashion Sneakers,Women's Canvas shoes Fashion Low Cut Loafer Sneakers (color White, Size 5.5 US)
- WeiPoot Women's Round-Toe Kitten-Heels PU Solid Pull-On Pumps-shoes
- Ktyyuwwww Woman colorful top Sneaker rip-nipsey-hussle-golden-All-Money-in-Logo- Hunting Sports Running shoes
- Forever Long Summer Women Sandals Solid color Zipper Thick High Heels shoes Buckle Rivet Women shoes
- AmoonyFashion Women's Open Toe Low Heels Solid Zipper Sandals
- Fumak Winter shoes Women Flats Ankle Boots Woman Fashion Genuine Leather Boots Mother Casual Non-Slip Wool Warm Snow Boots
- Camper Sandal for Men Model Oruga Art. K100287
- Ladies Booties, Round Head Super High Heel Waterproof Platform Fashion Boots Women's High Thick Heel Lace-UP Side Zipper Ankle Boots (color A, Size 37)
- Women Boots Woman Winter shoes Mid Calf Antiskid Rubber Sole Zip Cross Tied Faux Fu 34-43 Fashion
- Adidas CC Sonic Women's Running shoes
- Crocs Men's Kinsale Static Slip-on M Fashion Sneaker
- Phil Betty Mens Booties Warm Pull-On Non-Slip Comfortable Casual shoes
- ASICS Men's Gel-Cumulus 16 Running shoes
- Vans Women’s Camden Platform Low-Top Sneakers
- Buffalo Mens 1300-10 Leather Boots
- ZQZQ Business, Men's shoes, Leather, Everyday, Casual, Wearable
- MERRYHE Summer Soft Lace-ups Genuine Leather Mesh Derby Business Party Work Wedding Formal Dress shoes For Mens
- Black Chaco Womens Borealis Tall Wp Hiking shoes
- Axd-Home High Heels Leopard shoes Women Pumps Office Lady Pointed Toe Flock Sexy 12 cm Wedding
- New Balance Men's 577v4 CUSH+ Training shoes
- LUCKYHUNTER Men's Leather Formal shoes Business Leather shoes For Men Casual Pointed Toe shoes Male Suit shoes,Black-EU37
- 5.11 Men's Union 6 Waterproof Tactical Boot Hiking, Black, 10.5 Regular US
- Nafanio Women Home Slippers Short Plush Warm Soft Cotton Women Sandals Winter Plush Warm Home shoes Flats
- Women Sandals Summer Women shoes Fish Mouth high Heels shoes Women Square Heel Dress Sandals
- A-LING Women's Short Tube Martin Boots Casual Motorcycle Boots Rivet shoes
- G4U-MJ Women's Mary Jane Cotton shoes Ballerina Ballet Flat Slip on Slippers Multiple colors
- T-JULY Autumn Winter Fashion Women's Flats Loafers Rabbit Fur Casual Slip-on Pearl Bow Ladies shoes
- Socofy Zipper Flat Boots,Women's Soft Leather Ankle Vintage Unique Handmade Flower Round Topline shoes Black-Red 6 M US
- Konpad Women's Tassel Genuie Cowhide Leather Backpack Fashion Trend Schoolbag Shoulder Bag College Teenage Girls
- Calaier Womens Jtabv Pointed-Toe 9.5CM Stiletto Slip-on Pumps shoes
- T-JULY New Women Over-The-Knee Boots Female Winter Fashion High Heels Casual Long Boots
- Nunn Bush Men Gordy Oxford, Sand Suede, 8
- Delicious Womens Date-H Fashion Pumps-shoes,Black Pu,7.5
- HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Leather Lace-ups Brogue Pointed Toe Derbies Oxfords Business Dress shoes Black
- Black Back Lace Up Platform Thigh High Boot - 8
- Anthracite Barely Volt Nike Men's Flex 2018 Rn Running shoes
- Adidas Terrex Agravic Speed Women's Trail Running shoes - SS19
- Dr.Martens Mens 3989 5-Eyelet Leather shoes
- XHD-Men's shoes Simple Men's Business Oxford Casual Fashion Personality Light A
- SHIXRAN Men Breathable Climbing shoes Outdoor Leather shoes Waterproof Hiking shoes Low Top Sports shoes
- Mens Outdoor Mountaineering Military Police Army Tactics Boots Desert Armed Combat Lace-Up Leather Footwear Comfortable shoes
- Summer Leather Flip-Flops Handmade Cool Men's Slippers Beach shoes shoes for Men
- black (black+gun Qn) Redskins Men's Tempo Trainers
- GIY Women's Strappy Flat Flip Flops Sandals Buckle Slingback Comfort Platform Gladiator Summer Beach Thong
- Wild Little Cat Big Size 34-47 High Heels Women Pumps Thin Heel White Red Nude Pink Sexy Prom OL Office shoes
- Sweet Bow Flat shoes Knot Strap Rivets Round Toe Cute Flats Woman Leather shoes Party Dancing shoes
- Material Girl Womens Blaire 6 Patent Mirrored Dress Heels Red 5.5 Medium (B,M)
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Ballet Flats Plaid Bowknot Square Toe Slip-on Female Soft Comfortable Moccasins shoes
- Joe Browns Womens Gingham Embroidered Lace Up Pumps
- AnMengXinLing Women Flat Sandals Ankle Strap Fashion Rivet Genuine Leather Summer Studded shoes Open Toe Beach Sandals
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Block Heel Slip On Handmade Classic Work Pumps shoes
- QYQblx Middle-Aged and Elderly shoes, Women's Old shoes, New Light, Non-Slip, Spring and Summer, Flat with Grandmother shoes, Mother shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Danner Men's East Ridge 8-Inch BR 400G Hiking Boot from Dr. Comfort Men's Brian X Stretchable Diabetic Casual shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Hugo Boss Men's Rumba Tennis Sneakers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Testosterone Men's Drag NET Lace Up Oxford shoes of structured cabling, Keen Utility Men's Baltimore 6 Steel Toe 600 Grams Waterproof Industrial Boot, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black Diamond Mens Zone Climbing shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Danner Men's Trakwelt NMT Work BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Hugo Boss Men's Dress Appeal Chelsea Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Georgia Men's 6 Moc-Toe Athens G7403, Brown, 9 W US
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Keen Men's Targhee iii mid Leather wp-m Hiking Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The 3DM Lifestyle Men's Tassel Slip-On Leather Loafer runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Rocky Original Ride Lacer Waterproof Western Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Nike Men's Air Max 95 Leather Cross-Trainers shoes
- Oliver 45 Series 6 Leather Men's Composite Toe Work Boots, Wheat (45633C) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Nike Air Force 1 High '07 LV8 WB Flax Flax-Outdoor GreenIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Nike Men's Free Rn 2018 Diffused Taupe bluee Void Running shoes 11 Men USof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from OLUKAI Po'okela Sandal - Men's provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Nike Men's Zoom All Out Low, Paramount bluee Black-Black, 12.5 M USI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nike Air Max 97 OG QS Silver Bullet - 884421 001 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Jump Newyork Men's Lord Round Toe, Textile and Leather Metallic Spike Slip-On Smoking Slipper Dress Loafer, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Hugo Boss BOSS Men's Zero Slip-On by HugoDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist