If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Vans Unisex Adults Old Skool Classic Suede Canvas Sneakers, bluee (Goblin bluee True White), 11 UK (46 EU) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop RedbacK Men's Safety Bobcat USBOK Dark Brown Elastic Sided Steel Toe Leather Work Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Wide Running shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Aquatalia Womens Pasha Dress Suede Pump
- Hot Sale Vintage Winter Sexy Thigh High Boots Stretch Lace Up Fashion Knee Heels Leather Martin shoes
- Flamingo Women'S Leisure Canvas Sling Bag For Travel Shoulder Tote
- Adidas blueeject Womens Running Sneakers shoes
- RedBrowm-women Rome Solid High Heel Thin Zipper Warm Flock Ankle Boots Round Toe shoes
- Y-H Men shoes, 2019 New Casual Mens Loafers Moccasins Breathable Slip On Black Driving shoes Lace Up Formal Business shoes Cycling shoes,Brown,42
- Reebok Men's Realflex Train 4.0 Running shoes
- Steve Madden Mens Gone 6
- Adidas Men's Predator 19.3 Indoor
- 206 Collective Womens Lemolo Lace-up Fashion Sneaker Sneaker
- AllhqFashion Women's Mid Top Lace up Kitten Heels Round Closed Toe Boots
- MZjJPN Women Ankle Boots Plus Size Genuine Leather Wedges shoes Increasing Flower Short Boot Casual Zipper
- Brown Gcanwea Women Autumn Winter Height Increase Sneakers Ladies Basket Wedges Casual shoes Brown 8 M US
- Women Casual Wedge Sneakers Waterproof Rivet Platform Canvas High Heel Hided Wedge Leisure Walking shoes
- Winter Women Over The Knee Faux Leather Boots Slip-On Round Toe Thigh High Boots Square High Heels shoes
- Victoria Basket Lona Metalizada, Unisex Adults' Low
- Delicious Women's Cutout Caged Buckle Stacked Chunky Heel Bootie
- Base London Men's Leather Nutmeg Leather Brogue shoes
- Reef Womens Girls Ridge Fashion Sneaker
- Women's Black High-Heeled Boots Large Size Thick Ankle Boots
- Winter Leather Booties Female Pointed Thick with Women's Boots with Low-Heeled shoes Women's European and American Style and Bare Boots Women (color Yellow, Size 35)
- Dearfoams Mens 50724 Genuine Suede Moc Toe Clog
- Edoten Japan Hakeme Black Stta Sandals(Back Sponge)
- Dude shoes Dude Vinci Canvas Navy Lime
- Stormcloud Textured Leather Cole Haan Mens Coburn Penny Drvr Ii Penny Loafer
- Laolaooo shoes Women's Pointed Closed Toe Pull On Pu Solid High Heels Pumps-shoes
- Female slippers summer fashion outdoor thick shoes anti-skid beach shoes - high 3cm ( color White , Size US 6.5\UK 5.5\EUR 38 )
- ZOCAVIA Womens Slip On Sneaker Mesh Loafer Casual Beach Street Sports Walking shoes, Purple, 6 B(M) US
- Dunlop Purofort + ultimate safety yellow, S5 - EU 40 US 7 - C763241
- Allen Edmonds Men's Exchange Place Oxford
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Carinda Fashion Boot
- Shamrocks St.Patrick's Festival Mens Fashion Slip on Canvas Running shoes Low Top Sneakers shoes
- Vimedea Womens Ballroom Latin Cha-Cha Jazz Salsa Social Dress Bride Dance shoes 81003
- Zarbrina Women's Fashion Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Western Sexy Chunky Block Heel Zipper Up Booties Motorcycle Short Plush Party Dress shoes
- ECCO Womens Soft 7 Zip Ii Sneaker
- Clog Slippers Fluffy Fleece Lined Winter Indoor Outdoor Non-Slip House Home Slip on Garden shoes Men Women
- GIANNI MARRA Pumps-shoes Womens Suede Black
- Hoxekle Faux Leather Women Casual shoes Platform Wedge shoes Height Increasing High Heel Sneakers Lace Up Walking
- Badgley Mischka Jewel Women's Lorde Ballet
- Nike Mens Air Max Modern Essential Mesh Trainers
- Demonia Womens DAMNED-116 BVL-MRTPU Boots
- Onlymaker Pointed Toe Ankle Boots for Women Side Zipper Dress shoes Rhinestone High Heels Short Booties Black
- Aldo Womens Ravaldino Ankle Bootie
- Hhgold Mens Comfortable and Non-Slip Leather Sandals Summer Fashion Closed-Toe Beach shoes (color Brown, Size 8 UK)
- Base London NAS Boots Tan
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Ted Baker Men's Ramink Monk-Strap Loafer from A X Armani Exchange Men's Perforated Slip on Moccasin was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Converse Chuck 70 HI Mens Fashion-Sneakers 163227C to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust ROCKROOSTER Men's Work Boots, Composite Toe, Waterproof Resistant, Kevlar Puncture, Safety shoes, EEE-Wide (AT872) of structured cabling, Ranger 12 Heavy-Duty Polymeric Foam Insulated Men's Rubber Work Boots with Steel Toe, Red Yellow & Black (6145), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, LaCrosse Men's Aerohead Sport 16 3.5MM Hunting shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Hugo Boss Men's Maze Low Knit SneakersAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting El Naturalista Men's N5090 Pleasant Black-b Koi Flat Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- ECCO Men's Grenoble Chukka Boot
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This STACY ADAMS Men's Joffrey Plain Toe Chelsea Dress Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The A X Armani Exchange Men's Lowtop Athletic Sneaker with Mesh Detail runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- NIKE Metcon DSX Flyknit 2 Men's Training shoes (11), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Giro Factor Techlace Road Cycling shoes
- Bogs Men's Roper Winter Snow Boot development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Nike AIR MAX 90 Ultra 2.0 Flyknit Mens Fashion-Sneakers 875943-401_9.5 - College Navy College Navy-Wolf GreyIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Wolverine Men's Corsair 6 CT Work Bootof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Hugo Boss Men Futurism Tenn Dark bluee Lace-up shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Nike Air Max Speed TurfI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nike Men's Air Max 95 NRG, Black Team RED-Anthracite (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Kenneth Cole New York Men's Mix-ed Media Oxford, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Skechers Volden Fandom Mens Sneaker Oxfords Chocolate 9.5Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist