If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Saucony Originals Men's Freedom Runner Running shoes, bluee gold, 14 M US allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Adidas Men's Nemeziz Tango 17.4 TF Soccer shoes, Real Coral red Zest core Black, 13 M US, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Carhartt Men's CMF6066 6 Inch Soft Toe Boot at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - CALPIERRE Sandals Womens Leather bluee
- Lindarry Ankle Strap Sandals for Women Stiletto 8cm High Chunky Heeled shoes for Ladies Patent Synthetic Leather Open Toe Fashion (color Red, Size 6.5 M US)
- T-JULY Women Slipper Wedge Elegant Ladies Sandals shoes Slippers with High Heels Platform Real Rabbit Fur
- Colourful Cats Footprint Black Background Womens Casual Canvas Lace up Dhoes Low Top Best Sneaker for Women's
- BESTON Top Moda Queen-6 Women's Wedge Heel Ankle Strap Fringe Sandals
- AdeeSu Womens Business Fashion Cone-Shape Heel Round Toe Soft Material Boots
- Playing Dog Funny Purebred Puppy Running shoes For Women Light Weight size 10
- MAGILONA Women Mens Unisex Linen Washable Open-Toe Home Slippers Indoor shoes Casual Flax Soft Non-Slip Sole shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Hook-and-Loop Wedges Platform Lambskin Platforms Sandals MJS02703
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Fashion Men Loafer New Handmade Retro Double Monk Buckle Straps Casual shoes Men S For Men Leather Flat shoes
- Dockers by Gerli Women's 44sy201-700660 Low-Top Sneakers
- Merrell Women's Moab FST Hiking shoes
- Liu Jo Loafers-shoes Womens Multicoloured
- Badgley Mischka Womens Gal Heeled Sandal
- Men's shoes Microfiber Fall & Winter Fashion Deck shoes High-Top Sneakers Casual Daily Walking shoes Black Red Beige,B,42
- J.Renee Womens Bambalina Deep Red Pump - 8 WW
- Men's Fashionable Ankle Boots Pointed Metal Toe (color Black, Size 10 M US)
- Women Open Toe Set high Heels Classic Heels Sandals,gold,44
- Reebok Bd2203, Men’s Trail Runnins Sneakers
- WangKuanHome Summer breathable canvas shoes trend board shoes men's wild casual canvas shoes men's shoes (color Black, Size 40)
- Light bluee White Lacoste Womens Sideline Sneaker
- Naturalizer Women's Reva Dress Pump, Grey Suede Leather, 5 M
- Adidas Mens Vengeful m-M Vengeful M
- Adidas Crazy Explosive Low shoes - Men's Basketball
- Ted Baker Men's Duuke Sneaker
- Kongsta shoes Women Boots Solid Slip-On Handmade Women Snow Boots Round Toe Flat with Winter Fur Ankle Boots
- A35 Cremena Sparkle Strappy Dress Sandals, Silver, 7.5 US
- BalaMasa Womens Chunky Heels Bows Chunky Heels Urethane Pumps shoes
- Clarks Step Allena Lo shoes Womens shoes
- OH WHY Men Casual shoes Loafers Autumn Winter Moccasins shoes Genuine Leather Flats shoes Big Size
- Bamboo Women's Mid Heel T-Strap Dress Heel Sandal
- LifeStride Women's Ellusive Wedge Sandal
- Women's Ankle Boots Fashion Pointed Toe Chunky Square Heel Booties Side Zipper Office Short Boots
- WeiPoot Women's Frosted Pull-On Round-Toe Kitten-Heels Mid-Calf Boots, EGHXH025046
- Fine Heel Wedge Mules with Rhinestone Peep Toe Glitter Slippers Women's Mules
- Reebok Men's Hexaffect 5.0 MTM Running shoes
- Yosi Samra Womens Laurel Sneaker
- Redskins Arene, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Steel Swish Alegria Women's Maya
- MINIVOG Platform Lug Sole High Heel Womens Ankle Booties with Buckle Strap
- Gentle Souls Women's Haddie Multi Glitter Star Lace up Platform Wedge Sneaker
- Men's Black Mid-Boots, British Retro Outdoor shoes, Round Head with Martin Boots, Autumn and Winter Tooling Desert Boots,
- ZHRUI Men shoes Moccasins Genuine Leather Loafers Slip On Driving shoes Male Boat shoes Walking shoes (color 2-black, Size 6.5=40 EU)
- Nike Zoom Shift 2 Tb Mens Ar0461-001 Size 10.5
- Peter Blade Loafer bluee Leather Basil
- Dunham Men's Litchfield, Black, 14 4E US
- GIY Women's Fashion Sport Sneakers Comfortable Breathable Non Slip Platform Wedges Casual Walking shoes
- SUNNY Store Fashion Breathable Lightweight Running Walking Training Athletic Sport and Casual Sneaker
- Office shoes High Heels Party shoes Pumps Suede High Heels Pointed Toe Pachwork Heel Escarpins Femme
- Dolwins Women's Low Heel Bow Patent Leather Slip On shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Soft Material Pull-on Round Closed Toe High-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes
- Geox Women's D JANALEE Moccasins
- Delicious Women's Venga Faux Leather Over The Knee High Heel Boots
- GLOPY& gold color Pointed Toe Slip-on high Heels pumpsshallow Mouth Women's Wedding
- Lovmies Women Plush Furry Winter Home Slipper
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Terra Men's Findlay Industrial & Construction shoes from Avenger 7310 10 Leather Safety Toe EH Internal Met Guard High Heat Outsole Work Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Laredo Men's Long Haul Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Nike Lf1 Duckboot Low Mens Style AA1125-200 Size 11.5 of structured cabling, Florsheim Men's, Weave Slip-on Dress Loafer Crazyhorse Brown 11 W, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Jordan Big Kids Retro 5 Basketball shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
FRYE Men's Weston Cross Strap Harness BootAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Vasque Men's Inhaler II Gore-Tex Hiking Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- CLARKS Mens Atticus Free Penny Loafer
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Saucony Men's Grid SD Lace Up Sneaker illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Aquatalia Men's Trey Suede Chukka Boot runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Nike Air Terra Humara '18 Mens Ao1545-003 Size 11.5 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Georgia GB00122 Mid Calf Boot, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Dickies Men's Javelin Inside Zip Military and Tactical Boot, Black, 11 Medium US
- Wolverine Men's I-90 Waterproof Soft-Toe Romeo Slip-On Construction Boot development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Butora Altura Climbing shoes - Tight FitIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Adidas Men's Adizero Boston 7 Running shoes - Boston Marathon Editionof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools MBT shoes Men's Zee 18 Athletic shoes mesh lace-up describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Florsheim Men's Belfast Plain Toe Monk Cognac provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Stroll Along Slip-On LoaferI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 TB 887009-100 White Black Men's Running shoes (12.5) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Geox Men's Carnaby 8 Cap Toe Brogue shoes Oxford, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Georgia GB00188 Men's Logger Waterproof Insulated Work BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist