If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Minkun New shoes Woman's shoes Mesh Yarn Sexy Fish Head shoes High-Heeled Sandals allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop High Heel Women Pumps Sexy High Heels Elegant Office Ladies shoes Wedding Pumps shoes SWB0102, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new MIA Women's Cameron Fashion Sneaker Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Multicolour Y-3 Man's Byw Bball Red Neoprene and Black Suede Sneaker
- CLEBAO One Shoulder, Fashion, Wild, Soft Leather, Small Fragrance, Rhombic, Korean Version, Trend, Crossbody, Wide Shoulder Strap Handbag
- Zhiling flip Flop- Women's Four Seasons Slippers Home Indoor Mute Thick-Soled Anti-Slip Massage Comfortable Couples Sandals and Slippers (color Pink, Size 38-39code)
- Grasshoppers Womens Skylar II Woven Sneakers
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Snow Boots Platform Square Heels Waterproof Ankle Booties Feminina Thick Warm Fur Winter Botas women
- Women shoes Crystal Sole Canvas shoes Woman Lace up Women shoes Platform Breathable White Board shoes
- XUE Men's shoes Basketball shoes PU High-Top Sneakers Summer Comfort Lace-up shoes Outdoor Hiking shoes Travel Personality Cool (color B, Size 42)
- New Balance Vazee Urge V1 Running shoes - AW16
- Men's shoes Knit Leisure shoes blueetooth Led Light shoes Mobile Phone Control Light USB Charging Music Flash colorful Call Novelty Black Green bluee
- AmoonyFashion Women's Closed Toe Buckle PU Solid High-Heels Sandals with Charms
- Women Wedge Sneakers Platform Toning Sport shoes Light Weight Swing shoes Breathable Slimming Sneaker
- Call It Spring Womens Asoniel Peep Toe Classic Pumps
- Phive Rivers Women’s Crossbody Bag (bluee) (PR800)
- Naya Women's Misty Wedge Sandal
- Lacoste Womens Carnaby Evo 316 2 SPW Fashion Sneaker Fashion Sneaker
- Ollio Women's shoes Faux Suede Flower Ribbon Ballet Flat
- Men's Sandals Trend Fashion Top Layer Leather Outdoor Beach shoes
- black Giardini A719396d, Women's Oxford Lace-Up
- GONGFF Lady Black Brown Stretch Suede Thigh Boots Over Knee Boots
- Vince Womens Villaire Suede Credver Straps Espadrilles
- Men's Leather Herringbone Sandals and Slippers, Men's Flip-flops, Summer Casual Sandals, Outdoor Sports Sewing Fisherman's Breathable, Fashion England Beach Sandals And Slippers,Black,41
- Converse - Optical White All Star Ox Trainers - Mens - Size UK 09
- Rockport Men's Storm Surge Waterproof Sneaker
- Nike Men's Sb Zoom Janoski Ht Decon Fitness shoes, Multicoloured Bone Light Bon 001 10.5 UK
- White bluee Gcanwea Women Spring Designer Wedges Platform Sneakers Female Tenis Casual Air Mesh shoes Black White 6 M US
- Lelehwhge Women's Pointed Toe High Heel Sequins Zipper Short Boots Apricot 8 M US
- RizaBina Women Round Toe Pumps
- Kanf saysfg Cute Panda Bear Cartoon Fashion Running Sneakers for Women Lightweight Breathabl Tennis shoes
- Aravon Women's Beverly-AR Boot,Black,11 2A US
- Nike Men's Zoom Mercurial XI FK Casual shoes 9 Grey
- Phil Betty Women's Pumps，Spring High Thin Heel Sexy Pink Yellow Shallow Mouth shoes
- PUMA Womens Vikky Swan Fashion Sneaker
- Nature Breeze Womens Vickie-20 Flat Faux Leather Slouch Knee High Boots
- Barn smile Cow Skin Running Sneaker Lightweight Go Easy Walking Casual Comfort Running shoes
- Women's Thick Fur Winter High Booties Resistant Flat Waterproof Frosty Casual Snow Boot
- T-JULY Mid Calf Boots Winter shoes Women Slip On Round Toe Booties Chunky Heels Platform Add Plush Warm Ankle Snow Boot
- Women's Lifestride, Qutie Slip on Flats
- BeiBestCoat Black Modern Outdoor Dancing shoes Lace-up Leather Soft Sole Dancing shoes for Men
- T.U.K. Women's Patent Pointed Toe Creeper Slip-On Loafer
- Adidas Sport Performance Women's Terrex Skychaser GTX W Sneakers
- Bussola Women's 'Fiorina' Sandal in Sand
- GIANLUCA - L'ARTIGIANO DEL CUOIO Women's 2072BROWN Brown Leather Sandals
- Lok Fu shoes Men's Sailing shoes Flat shoes Fashion Texture Men's shoes Outdoor Business Casual shoes (Multi-color Optional)
- ASICS Roadhawk FF 2 MX Men's Running shoes
- POLO RALPH LAUREN Mens ITFORD Itford
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This LVYING Women Warm Fur Snow Ankle Boots Fashion Square Heel Round Toe Winter Short Booties from WANGZHAO Handbag, Shoulder Bag, Satchel, Bag, Fashion Bag, Mini, Restoring Ancient Ways. was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a WANGZHAO Handbags, European American Fashion Letters, Big Bags, Simple Chains, Single Shoulder Bags, Women's Bag Street Shopping Bags. to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust WeenFashion Women's Closed Toe Pu High-Heels Solid Boots with Ornament of structured cabling, AI BAO Women Fashion Bee Decoration Shoulder Bag Wide Shoulder Strap Diagonal Bag Top Handle Package, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Women Denim Canvas Wedges Sneakers Hidden Heel Lightweight Breathable Causal Platform shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Boots Women's Snow Winter Warm Short Tube Flat Non-SlipAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Hush Puppies Womens Dustie Stiletto (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- ASICS Onitsuka Tiger Womens Onitsuka Tiger Andrea Pompilio Low Top Lace Up Fashio.
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Nina Womens Criana Peep Toe Classic Pumps illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Nine West Womens Unstressd Synthetic Loafer Flat runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide KTYXDE High-Heeled Women's Rubber Simple Fashion Sexy Stiletto Wedding shoes Work shoes Spring and Summer 11CM 5 colors Women's shoes (color White, Size EU36 UK3.5 CN35) that may be of interest to your District including:
- Betsey Johnson bluee Women's SB Ever Ballet Flat, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Easy Spirit Womens Equip Mule
- WeenFashion Women's Hook-and-Loop Open Toe High-Heels Cow Leather Solid Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women's Ankle Strap Platform Pump Party Dress High Heel Round Toe Stiletto High Heel Platform Slip On PumpsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Houfeoans Women' High Heel Sandals Fashion Bling Shine Slippers Sexy Buckle Summer Beach Party Platform shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools T-JULY Women Martin Casual shoes Pionted Toe Cross-Tied Med Square Heels Dress shoes Working shoes for Spring Autumn describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Women Summer Flat Sandals Gemstone Beaded Ladies Casual Slippers Beach Slip on Elasticity shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Exing Womens's shoes 2018 New Sneakers,Ladies Summer Wild Breathable Little White shoes,Velcro Light Soles Casual shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Havaianas Slim Lux Swarovski Crystal Flip Flops (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Elsa Wilcox Women Casual Flats Walking Sports shoes Casual Slip On Loafers Fashion Sneakers Platform Sneakers Pull On, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
York Zhu Women's Martin Boots,Classic Women Winter Suede Ankle Snow Boots FemaleDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist