If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Ed by Ellen Women's Paradia Black M allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Meiren Bow High Heel Women Pointed Stiletto Side Empty Single shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women's Sandals, Summer, European and American Toes, Suede, high Heels, Women's Sandals. at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Jessica Simpson Womens Charie Dress Pump
- Men's Office Business Casual Oxford shoes Black Brown 37-43
- Adidas Performance Women's Volley Response Boost W
- Nike Men's Lunarepic Low Flyknit 2, BLACK REFLECT SILVER
- Nike Force Zoom Trout 5 Turf Mens Ah3374-110
- Prada Women's DNC648 Leather Pumps Heels
- Thgoldgood Men's 8 Inch Gen - Flex2 Tactical Work Boot
- Adidas Men's Ace 17.2 Primemesh Futsal shoes
- Dr. Brinkmann Women's 600354 Clogs
- Clarks Men's Oakland Lace Derbys
- YSZDM Basketball shoes, Wear-Resistant Non-Slip Sneakers Flying Woven Men'S Low To Help Cushioning Breathable Outdoor Boots,bluee,45
- gold Black Cambridge Select Women's Low Top Retro 90s Glitter Lace-Up Chunky Stripe Flatform Platform Fashion Sneaker
- FRETZ men Cooper, Men’s Warm-Lined Short-Shaft Boots and Bootees
- Light dancing Fashion Sneakers White Korea Style
- AIYOUMEI Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Pumps shoes with Ankle Chains
- Sunlome Christmas Santa Claus Stars and Xmas Tree Print Handbags Women's PU Leather Top-Handle Shoulder Bags
- N.Y.L.A. Womens Izzy Ankle Bootie
- BalaMasa Womens Solid Dance-Ballroom Novelty Urethane Boots ABL10826
- T-JULY Women's Transparent Crystal Middle Chunky Heel Ankle Strap Buckle Slide Sandals Slip on Dress Peep Toe Slippers
- AdeeSu Womens Wedges Platform Fur Collar Heighten Inside Leather Boots SXC02684
- Stiletto Sandals Fashion shoes Ladies High Heels Court shoes Mid Heel Sandals for Women Party shoes Kitten Heels for Women Bow Letter shoes Sexy Elegant (color Wine red, Size 34 US5)
- SPLNWTFHCNWPCB Ladies Latin Dance shoes for Adults Soft Sole Comfortable Dancing shoes Non-Slip wear Dance shoes
- GTVERNH Women's shoes Autumn Martin Boots Women Fashion Pointed 8Cm High Heels Belt Buckles Hollow Short Boots Thick Heels
- PUMA Men& 39;s Smash V2 Buck Sneaker
- White Mountain Womens Fanfare Gladiator Sandal
- Men's Football shoes，Spike shoes，Comfort Athletic shoes，Fashion Running shoes，Leather Low-Top Sneakers，Convenience Running shoes (color A, Size 35)
- Men Personality Casual Business Oxford Leather Low Top shoes Fashion White Pointed Wedding shoes
- Amblers Safety Mens FS987 Metatarsal Predection Waterproof Lace Up Safety Boot Black Size UK 13 EU 48
- OTBT Women's Hay Ride Mid-Shaft Boots
- JUJIANFU-shoes Men's Business Oxford Casual Round Toe Thick Fashion Embossed Brogue shoes
- Keds Champion Oxford Sneaker Bright Green
- Shaded Spruce Merrell Women's Siren Sport Q2 Hiking shoes
- KSOWE3KD Womens Mens Low Cross Canvas shoes Yellow Black British Plaid Lattice Vegan Unisex Running shoes
- Keds Grasshoppers Women's Windham Canvas Stripe Sneakers
- WeenFashion Women's Solid Soft Material High Heels Zipper Open Toe Heeled-Sandals
- Nike Men's Air Max Motion 2 Running shoes
- Hush Puppies Mens Fredd Bernard Boots
- NIKE Men's Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Flyknit Running shoes (10 D(M) US, Team Red Rust Pink)
- 1TO9 Womens Studded Cold Lining Dress Urethane Sandals MJS03236
- T-JULY Pearl Metal Buckle Pointed Toe Slip on PU High Heels Causal Mules British Style High Fashion Women Pumps
- H-M-STUDIO Bags Fashion Soft Leather Shoulders Simple and Wild Korean Version of Travel Bags Black 27 14 32Cm
- Mahabis Unisex-Adult Classic 2 Slipper
- Charmarm bluee Palm Leaves Women Comfortable Low Top Canvas Slip-ons shoes
- Dulce Diva Patent Leather Square Toe Chunky High Heel Ankle-Strap Pump shoes for Women Office
- Saucony Women's Kinvara 6 Running shoes
- Geox Women's D Janira E Wedge Sandal
- SNUGRUGS Men's Langton Leather Open Back Sheepskin Mule Slippers
- Z.L.F Modern Men's Block Heel PU Leather Vamp shoes Slip-on Breathable Lined Business Oxfords
- Donald J Pliner Womens Lou
- Stacy Baldwin Black and Red Wingtip Spectator shoes All Leather Vintage Style Oxfords
- Nike WMNS Air Max Plus Se Womens 862201-103
- Kelme Men's Seattle Flat 5.0 Low-Top Sneakers
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Martin Boots Men'S Booties In The Wild Long Desert Boots Tooling Boots High Boots Men
- Converse Mens All Star Hero Chuck II Hi Sneaker (3 D(M) US, Black Gum)
- Men's shoes Leather Loafers & Slip-Ons Fall Driving shoes Formal shoes Comfor
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women's Pumps Spring & Fall Fashion High Heels Pointed Sexy Nightclub PU Sequin Stiletto Formal Dress shoes (color D, Size 38) from Women's Retro Ankle Boots,Round Toe Block Chunky Heel Martin Booties,Double Zipper Knight Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Btrada Women Wild Transparent colorblock Open Toe Thick High Heel Slippers Ladies Peep Toe Comfortable Slippers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust UMEXI 4.75 Pointed Toe High Heels Slip On Stilettos Wedding Party Pumps Dress shoes (11, Black Suede) of structured cabling, Pleaser Womens Pinup10 R-w Platform Dress Sandal, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Nike WMNS Free Rn 2018 Womens 942837-400, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
JIEEME Ladies Fashion Square Heels Genuine Leather Black Square Toe Mid Heels Women shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Elsa Wilcox Women Breathable Athletic Tennis Workout Comfortable Outdoor Travel Sport Running shoes Sport Walking Sneakers (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Earth Womens Primpink Leather Peep Toe Casual Platform Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Women Casual Wedge Sneaker Fashion Platform High Heels shoes Loafers Heigh Increasing Walking shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Aleader Women's Mesh Slip On Water shoes Black 6 D(M) US runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Wallhewb Women's Sneakers Wedges Heigh Increasing Casual shoes Platform Fashion High Heels shoes Comfortable Internal Increasing Elegant Joker No Griding Feet Skinny Soft White 7 M US Casual shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- WANGZHAO Handbag, Women's Bag, Shoulder Bag, Satchel, Silver, Large Capacity, Personalized Leisure., held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- WANGZHAO Shoulder Bag, Backpack, Women's Bag, Mini Fashion, Leisure, Fashion, Travelling Bag, School Bag
- Geox Women's D MARILYSE C Heeled Sandal development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
LVYING Women Heeled Sandals Summer Ankle Strap Pumps Super Square High Heels 10.5 cm Lady shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Skechers Matrixx Modern Essential Womens Walking Sneakers shoesof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from TDA Women's color Block Cut-Out Slingback PU Evening Party Dress Sexy Stiletto Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Floral FIC Alaina Women Wide Width Crystal pink Bow Glitter Fabric Round Toe Slingback (Size Measurement)I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its He-yanjing Women's shoes,Casual shoes,Slip-on Sneakers,Running shoes,Lightweight Walki (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Lacoste Womens Ziane Chunky Sneaker, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
KangaROOS Bumpy, Women’s Low-Top SneakersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist