If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Msanlixian 2017 Summer Ladies Peep Toe Wedge High Heel Platform Sandals Woman Ethnic T-Strap Party Dress shoes Plus Size US4.5-10.5 Beige 9.5 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop VOLATILE Women's Iggy Wedge Sandal, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women High Heels Stiletto Wedding Pumps at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Alabaster Naturalizer Womens Hoda Pump
- Shiney Women's Slim White Transparent PVC Thick with Studded High Heel Sandals
- Ryanmay Womens Mens Comfortable Walking Garden shoes Slippers Quick Drying Sandals
- pink flowers Sexy Women's shoes 2019 Women Pumps Pointed Toe High Heels Female Ankle Buckle Fashion shoes shoes women
- Sernfinjdr Women's Yellow Giraffe Skin Print Fashion Casual Canvas Slip on shoes Best Cycling Sneaker shoes
- Six-String Guitar Women's Lightweight Mesh Volleyball Sneakers Navy Running shoes
- Remonte - D0174 - D017424
- Charmarm hero of los angeles 24 basketball star king Women Breathable Walking shoes
- WDDGPZYDX Sports shoes Autumn Men Casual shoes High Top Men Fashion Sneakers Lace Up Sock shoes Ankle Casual shoes Male Outdoor Flats
- Wrangler Sunday, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Cuckoo Womens Open Toe Open Back Slip on Heeled Sandals,Black 9.5B(M)US
- Btrada Sexy Mesh Wedge Sandal for Women Peep Toe Slip On Platform Party Pumps High Heel Dress shoes
- Superga 2750 Fanmelulw Ankle-High Fashion Sneaker
- Dansko Womens Vienna Slide Sandal
- New Directions Womens Catie Leather Open Toe Casual Slide Sandals
- Converse Unisex Jack Purcell Signature Ox Casual shoes
- T-JULY Women's Handmade Ankle Boots Warm Velvet Martin Flat Boots Female Genuine Leather shoes Winter Warm Snow Boots
- JIUDIT Women's MCBI33356 Burgundy Velvet Ankle Boots
- Clarks Women's Petrina Selma Wedges
- Easy Go Shopping Antislip Brogue shoes for Men Wingtip Oxfords Lace up Microfiber Leather Summer Business Formal Dress Casual shoes men leather Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
- White-Pixel Pink ASICS Women's Upcourt 3 Tennis shoes 1072A012
- Skechers Men's Flex Advantage Sr
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Cushion Couple Basketball shoes Fashion Outdoor Wild Cow shoes Men And Women Increased Milk shoes
- Altra One V3 Running shoes - SS18
- Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot
- Gcanwea Women's Fashion Knee High Zipper Chunky Mid Heel Boots Comfortable Round Toe Rubber Sole Height Increase Casual Winter Suede Warm bluee 4.5 M US Boots
- CarziCuzin Women Fashion High Heel Boots Buckle Strap Zip Platform
- Storm by Cougar Women's Sassy Rain Boot
- Women Boots Pointed Toe Square Heel Fashion Buckle High Heel Ankle shoes for Woman
- Halloween Snake Skull Slip On Canvas Upper Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Fashion
- Hoohle Sports Womens Grey Giraffe Palm Branch Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Cute Road Running shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Cow Leather High-Heels Closed-Toe Boots with Chunky Heels
- RHFDVGDS Europe and the thick-soled platform boots in autumn and winter Thick with super high heels and velvet thin leg boots ladies fashion over the knee boots
- Vagabond Zoe, Women’s Trainers White
- AllhqFashion Women's Knee-High Pull-On Frosted High-Heels Round-Toe Boots, FBUXD134993
- Seychelles Womens One of a Kind Platform
- Walking Cradles Womens Macau Heeled Sandal
- Qiucdzi Mens Sport Sandals Breathable Outdoor Fisherman shoes Adjustable Closed Toe Summer Leather Loafters
- Safety Jogger 'CERES S3' Women's Occupational Steel Toe, EH, SD Safety shoes (Black Pink)
- Lacoste Men's Alisos 117 1 Sneaker
- Womens Tecnica Original Moon Boot Monaco Felt Waterproof Snow Mid Calf Boots
- Ailj Water shoes, Men's Quick-Drying Diving shoes Mesh Sports Beach Non-Slip Hole shoes 2 colors
- Easy Go Shopping Sneakers For Men Perforated Walking shoes Casual Slip On Anti-Slip Breathable Lightweight Walking Boat shoes Cricket shoes (color bluee, Size 8.5 UK)
- MSKAY MEN SHOES 2018 Fashion Boots Mens Comfort Leather Ankle Boots Wide Fit Xmas Gifts
- Nike 454350 008, Men’s Sports shoes Walking
- Kickers Men Boots 581081-60 Mateo 9 brown
- Leopard Cambridge Select Women's Low Top Lace-Up Chunky Espadrille Flatform Fashion Sneaker
- JaHGDU Ladies Womens Striped Canvas Slip On Casual shoes Low Heels Flat shoes Fashion Leisure Elegant Soft Wild Tight Super Quality for Womens
- KemeKiss Women Boots Lace Up
- Columbia Womens SpinnerTM Vent Moc Sneaker
- WeenFashion Women's Closed Toe Buckle Pu Solid Low-Heels Sandals, CA18LA03496
- Summer Thick Heel Sandals Korean Sexy Wild Waterproof Platform 15Cm High Heels Concise Elegant Women's Sandals
- Two-Tier Pearl Cute Wedding Veil, Shoulder Veils with Faux Pearl Beading Tulle
- Fay Waters Women's Leather Platform Oxfords Lace Up Low Heel Round Toe Plain Tone Classic shoes
- Original Intention Women's Ankle Boots Floral Embroidered Heels Boots White shoes Women Big Size
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This BalaMasa Womens Firm-Ground Huarache Fashion Urethane Sandals ASL04969 from BalaMasa Womens Sandals Cold Lining Huarache Urethane Sandals ASL04761 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a BalaMasa Womens Cobra Spun gold Bowknot Platform Imitated Leather Pumps-shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust WeiPoot Women's Solid Pu High Heels Open-Toe Buckle Heeled-Sandals of structured cabling, August Jim Women Ballet Flats,Slip on Loafers Boat shoes Ladies Walking shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Davikey Women's Bows Bridal Elegance Platform High Heels Dress Pumps shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Skechers Womens Bobs Squad - Open Weave SneakerAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens Smash Light Two Piece Open Toe Stiletto Dress Sandal with Tassel Detail Dress Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- CularAcci Women Comfortable Flat Knee Boots
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This KSC Womens Ankle Boots Faux Leather Lace Up Western Block Heel shoes Brown illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The NorthEsther 11.5cm High Runway Footwear Giator Strap Stiletto Stripper Flock shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide WeiPoot Women's Closed Toe Pointed Toe High Heel Spikes Stilettos PU Frosted Solid Pumps with Chains, Black, 7.5 B(M) US that may be of interest to your District including:
- Nina Women's Fayette Dress Sandal, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Vitalo Womens High Heel Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Zip Up Autumn Winter Booties
- 1TO9 Womens Solid Firm-Ground Structured Urethane Sandals MJS03183 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Artfaerie Women's Stiletto High Heels Denim Boots with Zip Peep Toe Elegant Autumn shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the B Brian Atwood Megan Sandalof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Womens's shoes New Spring Fall Academy shoes Canvas shoes Rounded Toe Shallow Mouth shoes Slip On Lazy shoes National Wind Espadrilles provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Skechers Ultra Flex - Capsule, Women’s Slip On TrainersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its WeenFashion Women's Split Toe Low Heels Soft Material Solid Buckle Sandals (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Katy Perry Women's Geli Sandal, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Spring Step Women's Tada Off White sandals 39 MDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist