If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Skull Fruit Backpack Durable Travel Daypack for Sports Hiking School Backpack Office Backpack for Men Women Students allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Step n Style Women's bluee gold Punjabi Jutti Ghungroo Ethnic shoes Handmade Khussa shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new S Oliver S Oliver Womens shoes 13602 Navy at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- White, White Anywear Womens Peak Health Care Professional shoes
- Women's Water shoes Beach sneakers Unisex Mesh Slip On Garden Park Driving Boating Sport shoes
- TAOFFEN Women Autumn Winter Warm Block High Heel Short Boots with Faux Fur
- Baviue Women's Sandles Leather Casual Thong Sandals
- Brinley Co Womens Faux Suede Ankle Strap Pointed Toe Glitter Heels
- 1TO9 Womens No-Closure Pointed-Toe Spikes Stilettos Pink Patent-Leather Pumps shoes - 4.5 B(M) US
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes Summer Men'S Casual shoes Sports Breathable Flying Woven Fashion Mesh Running shoes
- Men's shoes Fashion Embroidery Retro Casual shoes Comfortable And Breathable Simple Hair Stylist shoes, Suitable For Nightclubs Work Everyday Wear
- Brown (Cognac 177) Manz Men's's Firenze Chelsea Boots
- Xinantmie Women's Round Head Peas shoes Hollow Hole shoes Sandals Casual shoes Flat shoes
- PRETTYHOMEL Women's Solid PU Boots Zippers Chunky Heels
- Sexy Ladies Sandals Thin High Heel Flock Round Open-Toed Ladies Buckle,
- Stonefly Women's Venus Ii 81 Bis Vel Trainers
- Walking Cradles Women's Bounce Flat
- Phoentin gladiator women sandals summer square high heel 6cm sandalias peep toe net shape upper with buckle closure
- BILLABONG Women's Be Free Sneaker
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Alyssa Ankle Bootie
- Prince T22 White Black Green Tennis shoes
- T-JULY Summer Women Wedge Causal shoes Platform Lace up Trainers Sneakers Ladies shoes
- Women's high Heels, Simple Open Toe Sandals - high Heel Sandals - Fashion Women's shoes - Stiletto high Heels (8CM or More)
- Men's Comfort Loafers Suede Leather Spring Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes bluee black khaki brown
- LEDLFIE Men's Leather shoes Casual Joker Retro Men's shoes
- ASICS Gel-Zaraca 4 GS Junior Running shoes - J3.5 Pink
- DIESEL shoes Y01462 P1195 H6155 REMMI white
- Wild Dove Dyneema Leather ECCO Mens Soft 8 Tie Sneaker
- JOYBI Flats Sneaker for Women Oxford Lace Up Flats shoes Soft Comfortable Pointed Toe Casual Sports Fitness Hiking Lightweight Walking Loafers
- Colnsky Women's Bohemian Flower Strappy Slide Sandals Beaded Open Toe Flats Gladiators
- Premier Standard Women's Classic Pointy Toe Ballerina Walking Slip On Suede Flats - Comfortable Closed Toe Ballet
- Unm Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Boots with Studs - Stiletto High Heels - Sexy Inside Zip up Booties
- Twisted X Men's Neon bluee Lite Cowboy Work Boot Steel Toe
- Pduiqo American Cute Pigs Women's Comfortable Lightweight Volleyball Sneakers Gym Outdoor Gym shoes
- Owaheson Cushioning Sneaker Trail Running shoes Mens Womens Grizzly Bear California Republic Flag
- Fashion Knee High Comfortable Boots with Hidden Wedge Long Boots Slip on Crystal Elegant Edges shoes
- Longing-summer Women Sandals Coarse High Heel Fashion Mixed color Square Open-Toed Sheepskin Buckle Slingback
- AmoonyFashion Women's Frosted Solid Kitten-Heels Sandals
- Steve Madden Women's Antics Sneaker
- Nike Mercurial Talaria V FG Mens Soccer Cleats Max orange Abyss-Metallic Silver Mens shoes 354551-851-12
- Bella Vita Womens Rebeccaii Mid Calf Boot
- Chaco Women's Outcross Evo 1 Hiking shoes
- FISACE Womens Espadrille High Platform Wedge Sandals Open Peep Toe Ankle Strap Buckle shoes
- Geox Ballet FLATSS D849MA 0066 C9999
- Finn Comfort Womens 2550 Sansibar Venezia Leather Sandals
- Stacy Adams Mens Naples - Moc Toe Slip-on Sandal Naples - Moc Toe Slip-on Sandal
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes Cross-Mirror Sports shoes Men'S New Men'S Spring Men'S shoes Flying Woven New Casual shoes
- Men's Latin Dance shoes Black Soft-Soled shoes Comfortable air Dancing shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This AN Womens Non-Marking Mini-Size Cold Lining Urethane Sandals DIU00780 from AN Womens Non-Marking Dress Cold Lining Urethane Sandals DIU00759 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Artfaerie Women's Flat Faux Fur Lined Winter Warm Over The Knee Boots with Zip Classic shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Roots73 Black greenical Pockets hobo Bag of structured cabling, SaraIris Stiletto Heel Pointed-Toe Zipper Mental Decoration Knee-high Boots for Women, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Nyssa Sneaker, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Newnorthstar Fashion Casual Leather shoes Woman White Sneakers Flat Heels Platform shoes WomenAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Patent Leather Low-cut Women Thin Shors Round High Heel Plus Size camel 39 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- AllhqFashion Women's PU Lace-up Round-Toe Low-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This AllhqFashion Women's Solid PU High-Heels Open Toe Zipper Heeled-Sandals illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Colnsky Women's Sexy Pointed Toe Kitten Heel Pump shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide BC Footwear Women's Collective Western Boot that may be of interest to your District including:
- Women Boots shoes Woman Footwear Fashion Women's Winter shoes Ankle Snow Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- FLourishing Women's Cutout Caged Zip up Peep Toe Slip on Chunky Block Platform Mid Heel Sandal Ankle Boots
- Nature Breeze CC27 Women Leatherette Open Toe Strap Woven Jewel Embellishment Sandal - Coral development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Cici shoes Women's Luna Low Hiking shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Fay Waters Patent Leather Mary Jane shoes for Women Vintage Buckle Platform Round Toe Oxfordsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Memorygou Womens House Slippers, Cozy Memory Foam Casual Indoor Outdoor Open-Toe shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Seven Dials Womens Wagner Espadrille Wedge Sandal provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
BalaMasa Womens Sandals Peep-Toe Kitten-Heel Urethane Sandals ASL04739I’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Xiaoyang Fur Female Warm Ankle Boots Women Boots Snow Boots and Autumn Winter Women shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Bvilage Simple Rain shoes Women Adult Rubber Skid-Proof Flat Heeled Water Boots, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Round Jewel Bride Glitter White Silver Flip Flops, 2 inch Heel WedgeDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist