If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Geox Men's U Jaylon C Desert Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop LUCKY-U Men shoes， Sports Men's Air Running shoes One-Piece Damping Cushion Sneakers, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new ASICS GT II Women's Sneakers (H7J6L) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Stripe Women's Pointed Closed Toe High Heel Single shoes Non-Slip Wear Resistant Breathable High Heel Pumps Cozy Dress shoes (Heel Height 13 cm)
- IOJHOIJOIJOIJMO 2019 Women Boots High Heels Pointed Toe Cross-Tied Boots Woman shoes Autumn Fashion Big Size 42
- AicciAizzi Women Fashion Slip On Court shoes Block Heel
- Sebago Women's Wander Lace Up Moccasin Work Boots
- BalaMasa Womens Pointed-Toe Chunky Heels Low-Cut Uppers Suede Pumps shoes
- Sandals Cloth Flat Flip Flop Sandal for Women Summer Lightweight Beach and Shower shoes Easy to Throw on Open Toe Women's shoes
- MCandy Sexy Lady Celebrity Black Poited OL shoes Evening Party shoes Size 5 6 7 8 9
- SANOMY Women Ankle Boots Fashion Metal Decorated Plaid Pointed Toe Sexy Thin High Heels Booties
- Fila Men's Disruptor II Denim Sneaker
- Cognac Bullboxer Men Lace-Up Flats 633K26279, Men´s Business shoes,Suit shoes,Dress shoes
- Made in Italia Women Black Erica Sandals
- WANGZHAO Shoulder Bag, Schoolbag, Diamond Bag, Casual Bear
- Webb Perkin Women Thin High Heel Suede Soft Femael shoes Quality Pointed Toe Elastic Boot Lady Knee-high Boots
- Women's shoes PU Summer Comfort Sandals Slippers & Flip-Flops Breathable Walking shoes Hollow-Out Fashion Pointed shoes Office & Career Dress Party & Evening & Career Dress (color A, Size 34)
- Skechers Womens Go Walk Lite - 15467 Mary Jane Flat
- PUMA Mens 365 Netfit Graphic Ct Soccer shoes
- Pony Casual Suede Sneaker Women Fashion Black Low shoes-61W1SU02
- Cover Plus Size 5-12 New Black Genuine Leather Dress Ankle Boots Mens shoes
- Ahnu Women's Windsor Purple Ash 9.5
- Men's shoes Feifei Winter Non-Slip Keep Warm Casual Fashion Snow Boots 3 colors (color Brown, Size EU39 UK6.5 CN40)
- Brown 71 Top Moda Women Pack-72 Boots
- ASICS Men's Split Second 9 Wrestling shoes
- FUBULECY Casual shoes Men's Pointed shoes Wild Large Size Men's shoes (color Brown, Size 42)
- IGI&co 76865 00 Loafers Men
- Adidas outdoor Men's Terrex Agravic Black Black Vista Grey 11.5 D US
- GIY Women's Summer Flat Sandals T Strap Summer Jeweled Backstrap Ladies Strappy Beach Flip-Flops Sandal
- Lydee Women Classic Summer shoes High Top Gladiator Sandals
- Fashion Womens Mens Snow Ankle Boots shoes Casual Winter Warm Anti-Slip Outdoor Trainers
- Brinley Co Womens Glitter Faux Leather Slide Sneakers
- BTBTAV Flip Flops Female Summer Rome Beach Sandals National Cool Slippers UK 5.5 Camo
- WeiPoot Women's High-Heels Frosted Low-top Solid Zipper Boots
- Nine West Womens Speakup Mettalic Ballet Flat
- Lelehwhge Women Fashion Rhinestone Wedge Sneakers Ladies Zip Casual shoes Wedges Autumn Spring Winter shoes Black 8.5 M US
- AllhqFashion Women's Open Round Toe Cow Leather Kitten Heels Assorted colors Sandals with Scrawl
- Leecabe shoes 8 inch High Heel Sandals Platforms Party shoes Sexy Pole Dance shoes Ladies shoes
- PF Flyers Men's Center Hi Sneakers Red White
- Lamo Mens Men's Scuff (Synthetic) Slipper
- Large Size shoes Summer One Foot Cool shoes Female Couple Baotou Half Slippers Set Foot Lazy shoes Men No Heel Casual Sandals Small Size shoes (color White, Size 46)
- BZees Women's, Balance Slip on shoes
- Nine West Womens Nora Block Heeled Sandal Black 6.5 M
- Dr. Martens Womens Gracia Mary Jane Flat
- ZJEXJJ Men's booties comfortable Martin boots leather outdoor walking shoes work shoes (color Black, Size 8.5 UK)
- Kalra Creations Men's Traditional Indian Leather Groom shoes
- Wrangler Starry Low Suede, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Giorgio Brutini Men's 15063 Slip-On Loafer
- Inov-8 Men's Trailroc 255 Trail Runner
- Black Women's Red White Black High Heel Sandals Chain Sexy High Heels for Weddings, Parties, Meetings and Every Other Special Occasion
- Woman Pumps High Heels Shallow Office Lady Fashion Concise Thin Heels Sexy Women shoes Black,6.5
- Missfiona Womens Velvet Round Clutch Evening Handbag with Jeweled Ring Top-Handle
- Phillip Dudley 4 color Fashion Women Winte Lace Up Genuine Leather Classic shoes High Style Flat Brand Casual shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Non-Marking Studded Dress Urethane Sandals MJS03278
- Gooding life Lace Embroider Women Pumps Strange Heel Flower High Heels Women Pointed Toe Sexy Heels Party shoes
- Hair Slippers Summer New Korean Version of The net Hongbaitao wear Herringbone Flat-Soled Female Sandals
- MAVIRS Suede Mules for Women, Women Pom Embellished Slipper shoes, Pointed Toe Backless Slip on Loafers bluesh Pink Size 6
- Charmarm Pirate Skulls Anchor Graphic Print Womens Fashion Low Top Canvas Slip-ons shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This shoes for Crews M31165-45 10 MOZO GRIND Men's Slip Resistant Canvas Sneaker, 10 UK, BLACK WHITE - EN safety certified from Basketball shoes Men's Basketball shoes Performance Push Up Basketball Boots Trainer High-top Fashion Sneakers Lightweight Breathable Running shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Autumn And Winter Business Casual shoes Leather Dad shoes Men'S Cotton shoes Middle And Old Aged Casual shoes Thick Warm Cotton shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Reebok Men's Driftium Trail Running shoes of structured cabling, Zxcvb Sports shoes Men's shoes Autumn Men And Women Breathable Flying Woven Running shoes Couple Marathon Running shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Inov-8 All Train 215 Men's Sneaker, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
ZIXUAP Men's shoes Casual Leather shoes Breathable Autumn Driving shoes Comfortable Low To Help Casual shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting POLO RALPH LAUREN Mens Isaak Nylon Isaak Nylon (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Lacoste Men's Jouer Cam Fashion Sneaker
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This ZHRUI Men Canvas Boots Fashion High-top Comfortable Sneakers Outdoor Running Hiking Trainers (color White, Size 9 UK) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The KKsumer Men's Slippers Summer Sandals Roman shoes Handwoven Personalized Beach shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Delta Plus Panoply Mazan S1P Grey Suede Wide Fit Mens Steel Toe Safety Trainers that may be of interest to your District including:
- Men's Casual Nubuck Leather shoes ，Walking shoes Mens Casual shoes Pointed Head Personality Set of Feet Peas shoes， Low Top Loafers & Slip-ONS Lazy shoes Cycling shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Asics Mens Alpine XT shoes
- Mens Leather Boots Winter Ankle Boots Chelsea Boots with Short Plush Lace Up Footwear shoes Men Business Casual High Top shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
LARNMERN Mens Steel Toe Safety Trainers,LM-30 Flyknit Breathable Lightweight Reflective Work shoes (7.5 UK, Triple Black)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the 16 pairs of Puma Sneaker socks with terry sole Gr. 35-46 Unisex Cushioned Short Socksof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Samson XL 7007 S3 SRC Black Waterproof Hiker Style Steel Toe Cap Safety Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from KMJBS Men'S shoes Leather Summer Personality Beach Rome Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Enval Soft Men's shoes Moccasins 1205100 BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its ZJ Men's Boots, Leather, Fall Winter, Casual Low-Top Boots, Personality Tooling Boots, Outdoor Military Boots, Ankle Boots, Hiking shoes, Diagonal Zipper (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by FuweiEncore 2018 Mens Moccasins shoes, Men Grant Canoe Penny Loafer Slip on Moccasins Casual shoes (color Brown, Size 45 EU) (color Brown, Size 44 EU), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Adidas Men's X Tango 18.1 Tr Footbal shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist