If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s White Mountain Womens Elinie Fabric Open Toe Casual, White Smooth, Size 6.0 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Tamaris Women's 1-1-23615-22 559 Low-Top Sneakers, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new TOPO Womens Runventure 2 Trail Running shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Stuart Weitzman Womens Quinn Quilted Satin Dress Sandals
- Dior MONTAIGNE 8 DARK HAVANA YELLOW women Eyewear Frames
- Adidas Originals Men's Tubular Shadow Running shoes
- FHCGMX Winter Men Warm Home shoes For Men Slippers Winter shoes
- 2018 Men's Oxford shoes, Casual Classic Low Top Comfortable Large Formal shoes (Warm Velvet Optional) (color Warm Black, Size 46 EU) (color Black, Size 46 EU)
- OPPP Water shoes Outdoor beach shoes summer outdoor beach river wading five-toed shoes men's swimming shoes quick-drying yoga shoes
- Stonefly 110628 Loafer Flat Man
- French Navy Stripe Joules Women's Molly Welly Rain
- Womens Roshe Two Lightweight Beach_LABRON_Coconut_Tree_Basketball Beautiful Road Running mesh shoes
- Pleaser Bordello Women's Teeze-07 Pump
- AmoonyFashion Women's Frosted Pull-On Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes
- LVYING Women Soft Suede Flats Sandals Summer Cross Strap Gladiator shoes Casual Outdoor Slip On Footwear
- Roxy Womens Memphis Lace Up shoes Fashion Sneaker
- WeenFashion Women's PU Low-top Solid Lace-up Kitten-Heels Boots
- BENSIMON Women's Tennis Retro Femme Trainers
- Adidas shoes Men Low Sneakers B37897 Stan Smith Size 42 White Black
- Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Slingback Chunky Platform Wedge Sandal
- AmoonyFashion Women's Low-Top Lace-Up Pu High-Heels Round-Toe Boots, BUSXT117104
- ABBY Products Abby A14 Womens Supper High Heeled 8.7IN Nightclub Party Cross Dressing Overside US9-19 Stainless Steel Heel Platform Peep Toe PU Sandals
- FINDYOU Women's Mary Jane Chunky Heel Office Lady shoes Woman Pointed Toe Platform Buckle Pumps
- British Casual shoes Four Seasons Single shoes Men's Leather Peas shoes Men's shoes Set Foot shoes (color Black, Size 41)
- Women's Winter Boots Warm Suede Lace up Snow Boots 2018 Waterproof PU shoes Retro Belt Buckle Flat shoes
- Nike Women's WMNS Blazer Low Le, White Obsidian-White
- SUN 68 Women's Z2820944 Silver Leather Sneakers
- CHENDX shoes, Men's Fashion Crocodile Slip On Oxford Casual Classic Tasseled Brogue shoes (color Black, Size 8 UK)
- Martin Boots Men'S Spring Short Boots Work shoes Comfortable Casual Boots Outdoor Riding Boots Combat Boots
- Stacy Adams Men's Faraday Slip-On Penny Loafer
- HWG-GAOYZ shoes Men's Martin Boots Ankle Footwear Spring And Autumn Outdoor Business Tooling Leather shoes Non-slip Fashion,Brown-40
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This AllhqFashion Women's Open Peep Toe Cow Leather High Heels Sandals with Chunky Heels and Platform from Jiang Womens's shoes Ladies High-Heeled Sandals Shine High-Heeled Luxury Silver Champagne Sandals was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Walking Cradles Womens Hanson Loafer to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust LIUXUEPING Summer shoes Korean Version Wild Single shoes Sports shoes Female Spring Retro The New Old shoes (color Yellow, Size 37) of structured cabling, AmoonyFashion Women's Low-Heels Cartoon Pattern Round-Toe Frosted Pull-On Boots, BUTXS046328, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, AmoonyFashion Women's Imitated Suede Kitten-Heels Pull-On Round-Toe Sandals, BUTLT007820, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Nike Women's Hyperdiamond 2 Keystone Softball Cleats USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting T-JULY Women's Winter Ankle Boots PU Leather Pumps shoes Buckle Strap Round Toe Platform Boot shoes Size 35-42 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- T-JULY Ladies Fashion Hidden Heels Thick Platform Wedges Loafers Sneakers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This T-JULY Spring Autumn Silvery PU Leather Boots for Women Lace-up Chelsea Ankle Boots Ladies Square Toe Thick Heel shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Inov-8 Womens TrailtalonTM 275 Women's Sneaker runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Jessica Simpson Womens Dacine Round Toe Ankle Boot, Black Suede that may be of interest to your District including:
- Phillip Dudley Women Boots shoes Woman Handmade Vintage Genuine Leather Low-Heeled shoes Round Toe Fashion shoes Women, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Teva Women's W Tirra Sandal
- GetMine Women's Chunky Block Heel Sandals Open Toe Pump Strappy High Heel Sandals 3013 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
CAPE ROBBIN Women Velvet Mid-Calf Pointy Toe Circular Chunky Heel BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Honeystore Women's Rhinestones Platform Pumps Stiletto Heels Double Strap Sandals shoesof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Forever FN77 Women's Side Zipper Wrapped Chunky Heel Ankle High Top Booties provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Gnarly Tees Women's LGBTQ SneakersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its CASSOCK Ladies Handmade Suede D'Orsay Peep-Toe Summer High Heel Party Prom Sandals shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Jessica Simspon Parisah Platform Pumps, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Helens Heart Women's Leopard Slide shoes 6 M USDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist