If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s bluee Berry Women's Casual Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Comfort Classic Slip Ons allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Naturino Express Womens Esta (Toddler Little Kid), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Cliffs by White Mountain Women's Petto Ballet Flat at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Ironstone Kudo Suede Cole Haan Men's Zerogrand Wing Oxford
- Crack of dawn 2019S Red High Heels Stiletto Rivets Shallow Mouth Single shoes Wedding Bridesmaid shoes
- Uirend Sport shoes Sneaker Women - Ladies Low Top Lace Up Platform Running shoes Casual Trainers Walking Gymnastics Outdoor
- Woman Stripe Casual Wild shoes Female Canvas Linen Rope Straw H-1028
- WeiPoot Women's Solid Fabric Kitten-Heels Pull-On Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Women's Western Round Toe Slip on Bootie Low Stack Heel Casual Buckle Ankle Boot
- AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Frosted Low-Top Solid Pull-On Boots
- Womens High-Heeled Pumps shoes Women Pumps Fashion Women shoes Party Wedding Super Square High Heel Pointed Toe Red Wine Ladies Pumps
- Women's shoes, Bow Comfort Flats, Pumps, Women's shoes, Casual Flats (color A, Size 36)
- Fluchos Men's Lace-Up Flats Black Black
- Hipster Owls Leisure Casual Running shoes Women Net Cool colorful
- Sol Sana Womens Mike Slip on Fashion Sneaker
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Block Heel Comfort Casual Handmade Mid Calf Boots
- Nike Women's Dualtone Racer Se
- Nike Men's Trout 3 Pro MCS Baseball Cleat
- Pleaser Womens Del1018 Bpu Sch Ankle Bootie
- Women's shoes Platform High Heel Stiletto Ankle Boots Winter Zip Ladies Mid Calf Boots for Fall Winter
- Gentle Souls Women's Emma Chelsea Boot
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes Spring Casual shoes Breathable Sneakers Comfortable Wild Large Size Men'S shoes
- Nunn Bush Men’s Cameron Casual Oxford Walking shoes
- White DUNION Women's BRINE Comfortable Slip on Chain Decorated Penny Loafers Low Heels Almond Toe Casual Daily shoes
- GIY Women's Open Toe Crisscross Strap Footbed Platform Slide Sandals Slip-On Flat Slide Sandal
- Nike Men's Vapor 12 Academy NJR Tf Footbal shoes
- Help Low shoes Comfortable and Breathable wear shoes Men's Everyday Casual shoes
- Danner Men's Rivot TFX 8 Coyote 400g Military & Tactical Boot
- ASO-SLING Women's Wedge Sneakers Casual Comfortable Slip on Swing shoes Height Increasing Fitness Sport Walking shoes
- Unm Women's Stylish Lace Up Dressy Round Toe Chunky Low Heel Pumps Baroque Oxfords shoes
- BalaMasa Ladies Platform Round-Toe No-Closure Urethane Flats shoes
- Owen Moll Women Flats, Soft Solid Buckle Slip On Women Square Toe Single shoes
- PIC PAY Argi Women's Flats - Slip-On Mary Jane Flat
- T-JULY Fashion Women Pumps shoes Chunky Low Heel Ankle Strap Pumps Mary Jane shoes Buckled Strap White Comfort shoes
- High Heels Women's shoes Sandals Cowhide Leather Cross Strap Women's shoes Wedge Thick 8cm Ladies sandals (color Brown, Size 34)
- AdeeSu Womens Bucket-Style Platform Boots Leather Boots SXE04467
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Closed Round Toe Ankle Booties - Handmade Wedge Heel Casual High Heel Dress Boots
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Carter Fashion Boot
- Lucky Brand Womens Sortia Wedge Sandal
- Vintage Foundry Men's The Coltan Cap Toe Dress
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Round Toe Chunky Heel Side Zip Handmade Fashion Knee High Boots
- Dark Grey Keds Women's Double Decker Perf Suede Sneakers
- PF Flyers Men& 39;s Center Hi
- Ecco Womens Soft 5 Leather shoes
- No 40 - S3 - High Points Safety Safety Safety Worker Footwear
- LQ Men's sandals Rubber non-slip wear-resistant slippers, mesh breathable sandals, multi-color optional beach shoes (color A, Size 44)
- INMONARCH Mens Dark Navy Jute Polyester Wedding shoes MJ015374
- Nike Men's Air Max Ivo Low-Top Sneakers
- Dexter Men's The 9 HT Wide Bowling shoes, Black Red Grey, Size 11.0
- JQSM Fashion Women Leather Handbags Shoulder Bag Ladies -Handle Bags Female Purses and Handbags Black Sbody Bag for Women
- AicciAizzi Women Platform High Heels Pumps
- Honeystore Women's Synthetic Patent Leather Ankle T-Strap Dance shoes 3 Inches Mid Heel Party shoes
- PVC Transparent Leopard Grain Pumps Heel Stilettos High Heels Womens Pump Sandals
- Uieort Cute Lemon Drink Womens Lace Up Canvas shoes Lightweight
- Womens Sexy Heels Sandals Glaring Rhinestone Wedding Dress Job Leisure shoes L03
- KKEPO& Women Sexy Thin high Heels Sandals Women Summer shoes Pointed Tow Sandals
- Women's Sandals Platform Waterproof Platform High Heels Large Size Women's shoes with A Pair of Sandals Thick with Buckle Women's shoes
- WANGZHAO Shoulder Bag, Backpack, Women's Bag, Rivets, Fashion Prints, Casual Women.
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Womens's shoes Summer New Sandals Cross Straps Lace-up Peep Toe Stiletto High Heels Elegant Boots for Office & Career Dress from Clarks Women's Hope Track Fashion Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Cole Haan Womens G.os Anica Thong Sandal Flat Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Ellie shoes Women's 551-EMMA Boots of structured cabling, WeiPoot Women's Buckle Pu Open-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals, EGHLH007611, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, WeiPoot Women's Open-Toe Lace-Up Imitated Suede Solid Kitten-Heels Sandals, EGHLH007792, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
AmoonyFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Pumps-shoes, BUSDT003060As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting AmoonyFashion Women's Open-Toe Low-Heels Imitated Suede Solid Lace-Up Sandals, BUTLT007934 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Pu Open-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals, BUTLT007710
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This AmoonyFashion Women's Solid Pu High-Heels Buckle Open-Toe Sandals, BUTLT007669 illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The AdeeSu Womens Wedges Zipper Imitated Suede Boots SXE04659 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide D.A.T.E. (DATE) Fashion-Sneakers Womens Grey that may be of interest to your District including:
- Pikolinos Womens redterdam 902-8905 Leather Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Jiang Women's shoes PU Casual shoes,Height Increase Deck shoes,Fall Winter New Lace-up Academy shoes Sneakers
- Dr. Martens Womens 1461 Butterscotch Oxford development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
KAANAS Womens Cambridge Lace Up Fashion Sneaker SneakerIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women Leopard Ankle Boots 2018 Winter New Pointed High-Heeled Boots Size 32-43 Bootiesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools BalaMasa Womens Assorted colors Huarache Casual Urethane Pumps shoes APL11356 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Clarks Women's Emslie Monet Ankle Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
DOSOMI Women Sneakers Height Increasing 11CM Flats Mesh Breathable Casual Wedge shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its CASSOCK Handmade Ladies Super-Heel Pumps Three Butterfly Casual shoes Peep-Toe Office Party Fashion Dress shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by FSJ Women Peep Toe Mule Sandals Slide Slippers Stiletto High Heels Slip on shoes Size 11 bluee-12 cm, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
CASSOCK Ladies Handmade High Heel Platform Pumps Bowtie Peep-Toe Office Shopping shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist