If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Cole Haan Women's Fernanda Grand SANDL Black Leather Black W15150 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Nine West Womens Quicksand Ankle Bootie, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Boots for Women, Ladies Snow Boots, Autumn and Winter Large Size Platform Warm Belt Buckle Boots at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Hoxekle Winter Ankle Boots for Women Wedge Platform shoes Warm Short Plush Snow Boots Short Martin Fashion Boots
- Williess Breathable Flying Woven Sports shoes Men's Tide White Air Cushion Mesh Casual shoes Men's shoes (color Red, Size 43)
- PUMA Disc Blaze Coastal 03 Mens Size 11.5 Black Green
- Walking Cradles Womens Tippy Leather Closed Toe Loafers
- U-MAC Women's Flat Sneakers Sneakers Platform Anti-Slip Thick Sole Comfortable Running shoes
- Antelope Women's 934 Leather Multi-Strips
- S Stuart Weitzman Womens Springtime Designer Patent Leather Sandals, Low Heel Size 7 M Black
- Men's Business Oxford Casual Tassel Round Toe Comfortable Cover Feet Formal shoes Cricket shoes
- Adidas Adults' Adizero Tempo 8 SSF Running shoes, (Mystery bluee Still Breeze Night Navy), 10.5 UK 45 1 3 EU
- INMONARCH Mens orange Brocade Wedding shoes MJ016057
- Dolphin Miles Genuine Leather Mens Handmade Leather Modern Classic Lace up Leather Lined Perforated Dress Oxfords shoes for Men
- Classic Nude Leather Sam Edelman Womens Holmes Heeled Sandal
- Caterpillar Stiction Hi Ice Grip Wp Mens Boots
- JQSM Cowhide Women Messenger Bags Female Small Shoulder Bag Sbody for Bolsa Feminina
- Adult Peace Moon Sign House Slippers Comfort Winter Warm House Slipper Indoor Slip shoes for men
- Women Comfortable Flat Sandals Vintage Round Toe Ladies Summer Sandals Rome Style Buckle Fall Sandals shoes Women
- ION 2017 Plasma Slipper 1.5
- Uieort Camo Millitary Desert Womens Lace up Loafers shoes Fashion
- Vimedea Womens Slip On Spike High Heel Studded Rivets Pointy Toe Non Skid Court 302-1YG
- AllhqFashion Women's Pull On Pointed Closed Toe High Heels Patent Leather Solid Pumps shoes
- SISI mbili Women's Sandals flip Flops Kenya Original Snake Snake Black Unique Handmade Pieces
- Lady Boots Spring Winter Over The Knee shoes Round Toe Flock Leather Thigh High Fashion Boots
- T-JULY Womens Ladies Fashion Platform Sparkle Glitter Sequins Open Toe Pumps Stilettos Heel Ankle Strap Slip on Slides
- Williess shoes Brock Men's shoes Platform shoes Men's Sports shoes (color Grey, Size 43)
- DKSUKO Womens Wellie Rain Boot Original Tall Waterproof Wellington Boots
- Men's Casual shoes Fall Winter Plus Velvet Keep Warm Leather shoes Wear-Resistant Non Slip Lazy shoes Loafers (color Black, Size 43)
- Report Signature Women's Crusoe Flat Sandal
- shoes Men Leather Men Oxford shoes British Style Retro Carved Bullock Formal Men Dress shoes (color Brown, Size 9.5-MUS)
- Vince Camuto Women's Rena Riding Boot
- T & S SAFETY SHOE, METAL FREE, SIZE 5 90860
- KangaROOS KAVU Vi, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Nude Imsu Cambridge Select Women's Vintage Inspired Pinup Eyelet Cutout Mary Jane Mid Heel Pump
- DeePrint Breathable Lace up Trainer Athletic Breathable Sport shoes Girls Athletic Sneakers
- Somethingoods Dress Pumps Brand Fashion Women Pumps Leaf Flame high Heel Pumps shoes for Women Sexy peep Toe high
- Men's breathable retro outdoor casual shoes
- Hiking Boots Men's Waterproof Special Boots High-top Leather Winter Tactical Desert Boots
- Geox U Pavel, Men's Low-Top Sneakers
- Black Men's Fashion Driving Loafers Casual Personality Splicing Side Elastic Belt Lightweight Simple Boat Moccasins Cricket shoes
- With The Summer Coarse Matte Dew-Toe Ankle Strap Sandals Women
- Attractive Women Pug Selfie colorful Cool Cool Fashion Running shoes
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Flamingo Strawberry Starfish Sunbathing
- Vaganana Women's Leather Loafers Wild Driving Casual Flats shoes bluee
- AIWEIYi Womens Round Toe Chunky Heels Ankle High Boots Platform Black Booties
- Women Zipper High Heels Ankle Boots for Female Increase Hard-Wearing Wedge Heels Round Toe Synthetic Boots
- Btrada Women Platform Wedges Sneakers Female Trainers Bling Lace-up shoes Increase Height Casual shoes
- Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-37
- Athena Alexander Womens Grenoble Pump
- Business shoes Mens Dress, Summer Leather Pointed Toe shoes，Hole shoes Wedding Fashionable Office Flat Black Brown (color Black, Size 38)
- Rieker Herren-Slipper - G 1 2 blue (5)
- Skechers Mens Caswell Frendo Oxford
- Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 Womens Womens Bq8927-004
- DLBJ Men's Leather Boots Winter Plus Velvet Warm Snow Boots Outdoor Leisure Breathable Non-Slip shoes
- ASICS GEL-ZARACA 5 Women's Running shoes (T6G8N)
- Lloyd Men's's Koda Extraweit Derbys Black
- Easy Go Shopping Casual shoes Loafers Leather Peas shoes Men's shoes Cricket shoes (color Yellow brown, Size 39)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Women Ankle Boots Zipper Pointed Toe Lace Up Tassel High Chunky Heel Ladies Sexy Fashion Party Short shoes from Hoxekle Winter Boots Women shoes Waterproof Plush Rubber Boots Women Zipper Boots Snow Keep Warm Cotton Platform was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Hoxekle Women Knee High Boots Square Mid Heel Autumn Winter Slip On Round Toe Fashion Ladies Riding Boots shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Gedigits Fashion Women Comfortable Lace Up Platform Sneakers Wedges Denim Canvas shoes Breathable Flat Casual shoes Black 7 M US of structured cabling, Women Sandals PVC Transparent Summer Fashion Hollow European Style Buckle High Heels, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, WANGZHAO Shoulder Bag, Casual Bag, Female Bag, Bucket, Bag, Backpack, Street Fashion Lady, and Transparent., and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Adidas SLVR Women's Oxford Wedge, Black WhiteAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Clarks Womens Handbag Treen Island Tan (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- bluee Berry Women's Casual Pointed Toe Ballet Flats Comfort Classic Slip Ons
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This CDSO Women's Silver Glitter Modern Dance shoes Ballroom Party Dance shoes 2.16 inch Heel illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Women Elastic Ankle Boots 7.5Cm Chunkly Heel Round Toe Pure color Short Boots Casual Court Boots EU Size 35-39,Black,39EU runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide WeiPoot Women's Frosted Round-Toe Solid Low-Top Low-Heels Boots, EGHXG102104 that may be of interest to your District including:
- WeiPoot Women's Solid Pu High-Heels Closed-Toe Lace-Up Sandals, EGHLH007708, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- WeiPoot Women's Open-Toe High-Heels Pu Solid Buckle Sandals, EGHLH007152
- Women's Booties, Academy Zipper Single Boot Thick Heel Fashion Ankle Boots Ladies Retro Martin Boots Chelsea Boots (color A, Size 33) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels PU Pointed Closed Toe Pumps-shoes, BUSDT002938If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the T-JULY Women Fashion Leather Dad Platform Chunky Sneakers Flat Thick Sole Tenis Wedge Basket Casual Walking shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools SANOMY Big Size Winter Boots Women Round Toe Med Heels Ladies Flock Prom Mid Calf Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from AdeeSu Womens Wedges Fur Collar Imitated Suede Boots SXE04728 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
D.A.T.E. (DATE) Fashion-Sneakers Womens Grey 8 USI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its BCBG Generation Womens Allison Fashion Boot (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Steve Madden Women's Flavor Flat Mule, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
BalaMasa Womens Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Zipper Urethane Boots ABL12017Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist