If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Cotswold Womens Polar Waterproof Snow Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Eurosoft - Womens - Marlo, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Women's shoes New Spring Summer Handmade Embroidery Sandals Slipper Flat Heel Pointed Wedding shoes Europe America Style Ladies shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Caution Yellow SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker Women's Fawn
- Women's Wedge Crude Heel High Heels Slippers, Summer Fashion Drag (Size 10 US)
- PRETTYHOMEL Lady High Heels Fashion Canvas Casual Wedge shoes Woman Height Increase Platform shoes
- Shamrock and Festival Womens Flat Sneakers shoes Low Top Trendy Cloth shoes for Women's
- AmoonyFashion Women's PU High-Heels Round Closed Toe Solid Pull-on Pumps-shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Ankle-high Solid Zipper Round Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Boots
- Thick and Large Size Sandals Wedding shoes
- Winter Warm Fur Knee High Boots for Womens Casual Fashion Snow High Heels Side Zipper Female shoes
- Sperry Womens Seacoast Isle Stars and Stripes Fashion Sneaker
- Cycleur de luxe Men's Lace-Up Flats Brown Brown
- SANOMY Woman Plus Size Winter Snow shoes Waterproof Mid Calf Thick Flat Heel Anti-Slip Outdoor Boots
- XUERUI Ms High Heels Stilettos Princess shoes Graduation Jobs Get Together Young 6cm Heel (color 2, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Sexy Handmade Ankle Strap Pumps shoes
- Aerosoles Womens On The Chlock Flip-Flop
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Tyler Midtop Zip Sneaker Sneaker
- Winter Boots Men Women Water Resistant Anti-Slip Fur Lined Snow Boot Leather Wear-Resistant Non-Slip Rubber Sole Black Martin Boots
- colorful Dream- 2018 Adult Male shoes Genuine Leather Moccasins Men Loafers Flat Slip On shoes Summer Men Sneakers Boat shoes, Yellow,8.5
- Donald J Pliner Runa Womens Natural Sand Beige Leather Braided 2 Heels Sandals Size 11 M
- Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafers For Men Pointed Toe Oxfords Casual Penny shoes Leather Upper Slip On Walking Lightweight Boat shoes Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 7 UK)
- HNGLXQ Combat Boots G-82 Leather Side Zip Army Tactical Boots Delta Military Work Army shoes Safety Ankle Boots Breathable Commando Outdoor Desert Tactical Military Patrol Boots,Beige-EU43
- Brown Milled Smooth Dr. Martens Men's 1460 Combat Boot
- LZWSMGS Artificial PU Sandals Women's Summer Flat Toe Beach shoes Wild Simple Cross Strap Student shoes Black White 35-40cm Ladies Sandals (color Black, Size 36)
- +MD Men’s Ultra Lightweight Running shoes Foam Cushioned Sneakers Breathable Athletic Tennis shoes
- Trailrider Texapore from Jack Wolfskin in Khaki
- Mustang Men's 4027-316-200 Low-Top Sneakers
- AAKOPE& Women's SandalsHigh Heels Sandals Sexy peep Toe Gladiator Sandals Summer shoes
- CCBubble Stiletto Heels Bridal Sandals Women Pointed Toe Satin Women Party shoes
- Women's Breathable Weave Vamp Modern Performance Dance shoes Professional Lace Up Latin Tango Dance shoes (color White, Size 5 D(M) US)
- FEWW11 Women Fashion Lightweight shoes Sneakers Vintage Comic Skull Art Pattern Breathable Sport Lace-Up
- Embroidery Flower Women shoes Pointed Toe Sandals Fashion High Thick Heels Lace Up shoes
- AdeeSu Womens Chunky Heels Platform Pull-On Frosted Boots
- Women's Sandals Summer Fish Mouth Slip-On Open Toe Thick Heel mid Heel Women's shoes Plus Size,2,10
- Women 039 s Sandals Gladiator Comfort PU Spring Summer Party & Evening Dress Gladiator Comfort Buckle Chunky Heel Light Brown Beige Black
- Hoxekle Fashion Stripes Woman Knee High Boots Mid Chunky Heel Winter Waterproof Round Toe Zipper Lady Candy color shoes
- Bugatti Women''s J7608pr6n Low-Top Sneakers
- FINDYOU Genuine Leather Sandals Outdoor Men Summer Casual shoes Beach Flip Flops Rubber Non-Slip Slippers Breathable,021Yellow,9.5
- Insun Men's Crazy Horse Leather Work Ankle Boots
- Steve Madden Women's Emilina 420
- White Black Geox Women's D MARYKARMEN Fashion Sandals
- KEEN Mens Austin Mid WP Hiking Boots
- Cafèblack Women's Kdb235 Hi-Top Trainers, Pink
- Carrera Jeans CAM825020 Ankle Boots Yellow
- YXLONG Spring And Autumn Men's Leather shoes Business Casual Breathable Dress Up Men's shoes Middle-aged Set Feet Dad shoes
- Skechers Men's Go Train Vortex 2 Multisport Outdoor shoes
- Shukun Men's boots Men'S High shoes Martin Boots Men'S shoes Casual Low To Help Snow Boots
- Nike Air Max 95 Premium
- Sweet Sandals Summer Fashion Bow-Tied Casual Thick High Heels Sandal Party Ladies shoes
- High-top Canvas shoes Sneaker Biggie-Smalls Casual Walking shoes For Mens Womens
- Dethan Womens Suede Pointed Toe Lace up Plus Size High Heels Party Prom Sandals Fashion Dress Pumps
- MIUINCY Women's High Heels Peep Toe Pumps Platform shoes for Dress Wedding Party
- Women's Wedges Ankle Boots Mid Heel Wedge High Hi Top Ankle shoes Trainers Boots Side Zipper Winter Warm Casual Boots Size
- Womens shoes summer ladies shoes flower women sandals wedding shoes pumps Fashion pink cross lacing high-heeled sandals
- CYBLING Women's Classic T-Strap Mary Jane Pumps Low Heel Square Toe Oxfords Dress shoes
- ISNOM STYLE AGIT Ankle Suede Boots
- Skechers Microburst Harmoknit Womens Slip On Sneakers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This T.U.K. Original Footwear Unisex A9216 Leather Interlace Sneaker from Women's Boots 2018 Winter Comfort Snow Boots Flat Heel Round Toe Hiking shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a YUBIN Summer high Heels Women shoes Shallow shoes Women Round Head Waterproof Gauze Gauze Sandals Work shoes (color bluee, Size 39) to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust High Heels Creative Sandals Platform 1Cm Stiletto Heel Women Girls Ladies Suede Court shoes Night Light Bar Party Modern shoes,Black,EU41 of structured cabling, Rieker Women's M5735 Trainers, Red (pink), 8 UK, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Women shoes Woman Genuine Leather Wedges Boots Height Increasing Ankle Boots Women, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Calaier Womens Jtaau Pointed-Toe 8CM Stiletto Slip-on Pumps shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting AdeeSu Womens Comfort Casual Round-Toe Light-Weight Leather Loafers shoes SDC04383 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- De Blossom Womens Vice-159 Party Dressy Heels Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This AMIEHDGBNWE Fall shoes Flat shoes air Permeability with Small White shoes Leather high shoes Sports Leisure shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Zarbrina Womens Chunky Block Heels Ankle Boots Fashion Sexy Pointed Toe Short Plush Zipper Up Slip On Winter Dress Party shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Elsa Wilcox Women Lattice Faux Fur-Lined Low Flat Heel Combat Boot Back Zip Riding Snow Boots Knee High Winter Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- Webb Perkin Women Winter Short Plush Warm Casual shoes Round Toe Bowknot Slip on Boots Lady Mid Calf Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Converse Men's One Star Leather, Black Beige
- MEIZOKEN Womens Chunky Heel Ankle Strap Sandals Fashion Fringe Peep Toe Slingback Zipper Pump Sandal development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women High Heels Platform shoes Crystal Sexy Summer Party Sandals Mesh Breathable Casual shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Beaumens Women's Ballet Flats Comfort Slip On Fashion Dress shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Women's Fashion Ankle Boots Comfortable Round Toe Short Booties Slip-on Block Chunky Martin Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from BERTERI Senior Citizen Women's PU Winter Hiking Boot Side Zipper Outdoor Backpacking shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Josef Seibel Neele 01, Women’s Hi-Top SneakersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its AmoonyFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Pumps-shoes, BUSDT003060 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by AmoonyFashion Women's Blend Materials Buckle Closed-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals, BUTLT007779, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Open-Toe Low-Heels Pu Solid Sandals, BUTLT008051Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist