If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s AllhqFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Cow Leather Low Heels Solid Pumps with Square Heels allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop AllhqFashion Women's Open Round Toe High Heels Solid Sandals with Platform and Hollow Out, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new AllhqFashion Women's Round Open Toe Low Heels Horsehair Solid Sandals with Metal Buckles at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- G By Guess Hailee Women Brown Knee High Boot, Black, Size 8.5
- Avenger Safety Footwear Men's 7241 Steel Toe Hiking shoes
- Alpine Swiss Mens Chelsea Boots Genuine Suede Dress Ankle Boots Wingtip shoes
- Men's Casual shoes Casual Solid color Soft and Light Boat Moccasins (color bluee, Size 10.5 D(M) US)
- Splendid Women's Spl-Loretta Slouch Boot
- Caterpillar Elude Mens Brown Sugar Leather Lace Up Waterproof Boots
- PHILIPPE MODEL Women's MCBI37226 Beige Velvet Sneakers
- IWGR Men's Penny Loafers shoes for Men Moccasins Boat Casual Slip On Flats Comfortable shoes Dress shoes
- D.A.T.E. (DATE) Fashion-Sneakers Mens Leather bluee
- JUJIANFU-shoes Classic Simple Men's shoes Genuine Cowhide Leather Upper Lace Up Flat Sole Loafer for Gentlemen
- Nike Air Force 1 Ultraforce, Men’s Sneakers
- Slim Calf Black Su ROF Women's Fashion Comfy Vegan Suede Block Heel Side Zipper Thigh High Over The Knee Boots
- Rocky FQ0006639 11 WELNGTN RWP Steel Toe Medium 8 Work Boots
- DoraTasia Buckle Strap Metal Decoration Women's Ankle High Boots
- FANIMILA Office Lady Boots Round Toe High Heels Boots Knee High Platform Boots
- Jessie Women Wedge Sandals Casual Espadrilles Platform Sandals Studded Buckle Ankle Strap Open Toe Sandals
- Youngerbaby Cartoon Cat Canvas shoes High Top Walking Sport Sneakers Women
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Romantic Valentine's Day Floral Heart Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeiPoot Women's Low-top Solid Zipper Closed Round Toe High-Heels Boots
- 24 Hour Comfort Harper Women Adjustable Wide Width Stylish Contemporary Lace Up Leather Walking shoes
- AIWEIYi Women's High Heels Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heels Party Dress Pumps
- Webb Perkin Women Fashion Thigh High Winter Boots Lady Comfortable Boots Sexy Over The Knee High Boots Lady
- AllhqFashion Women's Lace-Up Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Pu Low-Top Boots, FBUXD131632
- Hush Puppies Womens Pomeranian High Boot Tan Size UK 8 EU 42
- BZees Women's Nuance Grey Knit M
- Rockport Mens Get Your Kicks Double Gore Mudguard Slip on Oxford
- bluee-shore Women Supper High Heel Sandals Ankle Strap Peep-Toe Thin Heel Ankle Strap Elegant Sandals shoes
- LIVEINU Men's Genuine Leather Wedding Formal Dress shoes
- Women's high Heel Sandals, Super high Heel - Open Toe high Heel - high Heel Sandals - Stiletto Heels (high 11-13CM)
- QRETYSG flip flop Men Sandals Men Casual shoes Classic Leather Summer Beach Outdoor Sneakers Roman Comfortable
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Autumn And Winter Martin Boots Warm Tooling Boots Men'S Yellow Snow Boots Men'S shoes Thick Warm Leather Boots Men
- White Hot Lady Fashion High Heel gold Wedge Sandals Elegant Pearl Rivets Design Lady Fashion White color Lady shoes
- Fashion Women Leopard High-Heeled Ankle Boots
- Xtextile Unisex Beach Socks Water shoes Aqua Socks for Summer Outdoor Sports Upgraded Sole Quick-Dry Lightweight
- XOXO Womens Maurcia Round Toe Knee High Fashion Boots, Black, Size 10.0
- Ram King Men's Brogue shoes Fashion Business shoes
- Inov8 Parkclaw 240 Trail Running shoes - SS19
- Jordan Air VI (6) Retro (2014)
- Street Martin Boots, Women's Flat Casual Solid color Women's shoes, Plus Velvet Warm Cotton shoes, Short Tube Snow Boots
- WeenFashion Women's Zipper Kitten-Heels Flock Solid Low-top Boots
- WestCoast Truce Women's Adjustable Ankle Strap Comfort Platform Wedge Heel Sandals
- Women Platform Wedge Ankle Boots Hidden High Heels 11 cm Trainers Boots High Heel Rivets Black Warm Fashion Booties Party Leisure Booties Size
- 1TO9 Womens Toggle Huarache Baguette-Style Urethane Sandals MJS03097
- Women's Sandals, Large Size Women's Sandals High Heels (color Khaki, Size 9 US)
- Clarks Sillian Jane Womens Booties Black
- WOBAOS Toddler Little Girls Dress Ballet Mary Jane Bow Flat shoes
- Musse & Cloud Womens Arya Ankle Boot
- Kunsto Men's Leather Athletic Sport Sandal Flats shoes
- Joules Mens Go to Lightweight Padded Body Warmer
- Adidas Unisex Adults' Stan Smith 104 Trainers
- Cole Haan Men's Cranston Hiker Winter Boot
- XTI Men's 047069 Oxfords Brown
- LX-Y Men Leather New Slip On Oxford Casual Classic Formal shoes Brown
- Camel active Men's Point 15 Closed Toe Sandals
- Easy Go Shopping Leather Men's One Foot Casual Set Foot shoes Breathable Camouflage Peas shoes Cricket shoes (color Grey, Size 42)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This LingGT Women Martin Boots Casual Ankle Zipper Fashion shoes (color Khaki, Size CA 9) from KEEN Womens ELSA II Sneaker Crochet Hiking shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Hush Puppies Womens Ladies Chardon Penny Leather Loafers to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust The Fix Women's Nash Floral Embroidery Oval Heel Ankle Bootie of structured cabling, LVYING Women Mid Calf Boots Martin Motorcycle Lace Combat Genuine Leather Round Toe shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Flats Woman Bow Tie Pointed Toe Shallow Women shoes Genuine Leather Comfortable shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
DBDK Women Leatherette Open Toe Strappy Stiletto Slingback Sandal FA95 - BlackAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Pleaser Women's Infinity-908 C M Platform Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Calaier Womens Caleast Closed-Toe 2CM Block Heel Slip-on Mule shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This MET RXL Lady Korean shoes Bow Small Size shoes Round-Headed high Heel illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Hoxekle Women Mid Calf Snow Boot Square Mid Heel Anti-Slip Lace Up Leather Black Red Winter Plush Fur Warm Boots runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Zarbrina Woman Slides Sandals Patchwork Transparent Pearl Crystal Flowers Outside Beach Wear Wedges Platform Braided Heels shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Zarbrina Womens Sexy High Heels Ankle Boots Stilettos Pumps Boots Ladies Side Zippers Slip On Wedding Booties, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Women Ankle Boots,Leather Pointed Boots Round Chunky Block Heel Boots Winter Boots Flat Boots Short Boots Ladies Chelsea Boots,Black,35EU
- Vionic Women's Pippa Toe Post Sandals in pink gold development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
PUMA Womens Ignite Limitless Weave Wn SneakerIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Wedopus MW632 Womens D-Orsay Open Toe Low Heel Wedding Bridesmaid Pumps shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools SNIDEL Women Ankle Martin Boots Lace Up Platform Chunky High Heels Zipper Autumn Booties with Buckle Straps describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Webb Perkin Women Wedges shoes with Velcro Comfortable Old People Slimming Platform provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
BERTERI Women Wedge Sneaker Hided-Heel Platform Increased Height, White BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its WeiPoot Women's Solid PU Kitten-Heels Buckle Open-Toe Sandals, EGHLH005750 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by AmoonyFashion Women's Pu Pull-On Pointed Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes,BUSDT004407, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
AmoonyFashion Women's Pu Hook-and-Loop Round-Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Sandals, BUTLT007808Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist