If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s SeaVees Womens Army Issue High Wintertide Sneaker allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Tsbridal Gradient Prom shoes High Heels Women shoes for Evenining Party, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Pleaser Womens SKY-308LG C RG Sandals at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Suede Sam Edelman Womens Hai Knee High Boot
- INSTANTARTS American Flag Pattern Women Fashion Sneaker Lace-Up Running shoes
- T-JULY Women Slides Sandals for Beach Summer Fashion Slippers Rainbow Wedge Heels Home shoes
- Feenfling Abstract Toco Toucan Womens Flat Canvas Boat shoes Low Top Trendy Basketball shoes for Women's
- Women 10cm Stiletto High Heels Plus Size Satin Sandals Green Pumps bluee Silk Mules shoes
- YooPrettyz Leather Sparkle Platform Sandal Crystal Studs Sandal Strappy Evening Wedding Heels
- Berkemann Unisex - Adults Tec-Pro Thordu 9103 Clogs & Mules
- CLARKS Men's Hinman Step Oxford, Black Leather, 8.5 M US
- Giorgio Rea Men shoes bluee Sneakers Sneackers Free Time Casual shoes Leather Made in Fashion Luxury
- HRN Sandals for Women Hollow Clip Toe shoes Pearl Decorative Beach shoes Summer
- Emu Women's Jerrawa Black sandals 6.5 M
- Vallegreen 16082 Sandal Wedge shoes Woman White Leather
- Bucketfeet Dazed Flowers Canvas Lace-Up WNS 8 Red Pink
- Women's Leather Sandals Waterproof Platform Thick High Heels (color Brown, Size EU36 UK3.5 CN35)
- Superga Womens 2730 Sangallosatinropelacesw Sneaker
- Roper Womens Flora Wedge Sandal
- Nike - Hypervenom Phelon FG - 599730016
- [email protected] Womens Ladies Strappy Stiletto HIGH Heel Sandals Ankle Strap Cuff PEEP Toe shoes
- Ecco Whistler Outdoor Ankle Bo Brown
- Boreal Climbing Boots Mens Mazama Lightweight 6.5 Grey bluee 44870
- LiXiZhong Men's Sandals Fisherman Sandals Outdoor Sandals Summer Beach shoes Closed Toe Sandals Non-slip Hiking Sandals Casual Fashion Sandals (color Reddish brown, Size 10.5 UK)
- Flip-Flops Outdoor Sports Sandalsmen'S Slippers_Men's Slippers Non-Slip Outdoor Beach Flip Flops
- Babolat Propulse Clay M 30S16425bluered, Tennis - 37 EU
- LHY RIDING LED Fiber Light shoes Rechargeable Flashing Lights shoes Men And Women Sports shoes colorful Luminous Casual Couple Fluorescent shoes
- bluee UNN Women's Walking shoes Slip-On Lightweight Casual Breathable Mesh Athletic Sneakers Loafer Flat
- WYMBS Women's shoes Winter Keep Warm Non-Slip Short Tube Belt Buckle Snow Boots,Brown,36
- Twinkle UU gold Chains Summer shoes High Heels Sandals Sexy Fashion Open Toe Pumps Cut Outs
- AdeeSu Womens Bows Structured Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC05954
- Women's Heeled Slide Sandal Slipper Open Toe High Heel Belt Buckle Platform Slip on Block Sandals
- Red Brown Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style OX Leather Simple Saturated Vividness Individuality Octopus Sole Hook&Loop Strap Casual shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Valentines Day Cute Sea Fish Couple Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- WeenFashion Women's Zipper Round Closed Toe High-Heels Imitated Suede Low-top Boots
- Fly London Women's Phil Ankle Boot
- Young Nyjune Women Sandals lace up Fashion shoes Solid Sexy Thin high Heel Party Summer shoes
- Realer Women Tote Leather Purse Crossbody Bag
- Arriba Men Women Unisex Non Slip Hospital Restaurant Heavy Duty Slip On Work shoes
- Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Sneaker (12 B(M) US Women 10 D(M) US Men, Black)
- AND1 Mens Reaper-m Basketball shoes
- Ahico Mens Winter Boots for Men Snow Boot Hiking Fur Lined Ankle Booties Non-Slip Waterproof shoes Brown
- Schutz Women's Freida Dress Sandal
- Wittner Women's Racquel Heels in Flesh Weave
- Clarks Men's Torbay Lace Casual Lace-Up shoes
- Outdoor Sandals for Men Breathable Summer Beach shoes Closed Toe Walking Fisherman Slipper Anti-Slip Comfortable Casual Fashion Leather Upper Cricket shoes ( color Yellowish Brown , Size 9.5 UK )
- Men's Leather shoes Summer Breathable Hole Flat shoes Slippery Breathable Casual Walking shoes Work Dress shoes
- Dassy Sparta 10009 S3 Midcut ESD Composite SRC Safety Boot
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Naughty Monkey Women's Leather Boardwalk Gladiator Sandal from AllhqFashion Women's Round Open Toe Cow Leather Low Heels Solid Sandals with Changeable was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a AllhqFashion Women's Round Peep Toe Cow Leather High Heels Solid Sandals with Chunky Heels to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust DETAIWIN Women Casual Square Toe Loafers Low Heel Slip On Comfort Leisure Anti-Skid Patent Leather Flats Dress shoes of structured cabling, Summer shoes Woman Thick High Heel Platform Pumps Ladies Dress Party Pumps Casual shoes Woman, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Reinhar Women's Rhinestone Peacock Patterned Wedding Sandals Dress Chunky Heel bluee6 B(M) US, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Merrell Women's Terran Ari Wrap SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Men's Peas shoes A Pedal Lazy shoes Men's shoes of The Trend of Wild Casual shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Women shoes Woman Genuine Leather Wedges Boots Height Increasing Ankle Boots Women
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This High end Women's shoes 2019 European and American Fashion Fine Hair, High Heels Slippers. illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Cole Haan Women's Fernanda Grand SANDL Marine bluee Suede Navy W15153 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide U-MAC Women's T-Strap Rhinestone Beaded Manmade Pearl Gladiator Flat Sandals Summer Beach Sandal that may be of interest to your District including:
- Remonte Women Sandals Silver, (Weiss-silver silver ) D4052-90, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Hoxekle Woman Charming Ankle Boots Pointed Toe Velvet Autumn Sexy High Chunky Heel Side Zipper Female Winter Footwear
- Hoxekle Knee High Boots Women Winter Wedge Mid Heel Long Boot Round Toe Black Red Martin Style Casual Boot development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
CYBLING Women's Cold Weather Waterproof Snow Boots for Women Lightweight Fur Lining Insulation Winter shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the ASICS Women's Gel-Blast 5 shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Premier Standard Women's Lace Up Shiny Sneaker - Casual Walking shoes - Easy Everyday Fashion Slip On describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from VFDB Women Flat Sandals T-Strap Open Toe Flip-Flops Summer Slip On Gladiator shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Alfani Cammi Silver Wedge 7.5MI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Women's Booties, High Heel Pointed Martin Boots Ladies Super High Heel Single Boot Non-Slip Fashion Boots (color A, Size 38) (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by WeiPoot Women's Low-Heels Pu Solid Buckle Closed-Toe Sandals, EGHLH007639, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Pu Solid Buckle Open-Toe Sandals, EGHLH007502Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist