If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s English Laundry Men's Slough Oxford allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Adidas Women's Gazelle Low-Top Sneakers, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Smoky Mountain Toddlers Brown Green Autry Square Toe Western Cowboy Boot at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black, black-white-challenge red Nike Free 5.0+ Womens Style 580591
- Qchengshix Womens Double Tounge Lace-up Sneaker Canvas Casual Style Comfort shoes Ribbon Wings Crohn's
- Cute Narwhal Not A Unicorn Women'S Leisure Canvas Shoulder Bag For Shopping Big Shopping Bag
- Fashion Sneaker For Women Woodland Watercolor Stag Classic Lightweight Breathable Mesh Womens Sneakers
- Daniel Green Womens Olive Scuff Slipper
- AllhqFashion Women's Round-Toe Kitten-Heels Frosted Floral Pumps-shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Microfiber Low-top Solid Zipper High-Heels Boots
- Bar III Womens Bea2 Open Toe Casual Slingback Sandals
- Women's shoes Bow Leather Flat shoes Shallow Mouth shoes Women's shoes Pointed Flat shoes (color A, Size 36)
- Hey Dude Men's Conrad L Cotton, Canvas, Textile, Memory Foam Moccasins
- Liliana Faux Suede Open Toe Ankle Strap Round Block Heel Sandal Daki-2
- Victoria's Secret Pink Slides Sandals Burgundy Black gold Logo Single Strap New Medium
- Spring Step Women's Kaylee Slide Sandal Black
- Franco Sarto Womens Dianora Pump
- ART Sneaker 1340 Memphis TIBIDABO Black
- MEbox Mens Winter Leather Warmth Dress Oxfords shoes
- Women High Heels shoes Woman High Heels Nude shoes PU Leather Sexy Pumps Women shoes
- Cofra 76401-CU0.W09, 5 Akron SD+ Safety shoes, 9.5, White
- Armani Jeans 935565CC500, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Mzq-yq Spring Mesh shoes Ladies Breathable Socks shoes Korean Version Of The Wild Sports shoes High shoes
- T Brown Roper Mens Deadwood Western Boot
- Arnaldo Toscani Women Pink Pumps & Heels
- Geox Men's U Mattias B ABX C Chukka Boots
- Twisted X Men's Hooey Lopers by Multi-Pattern shoes - Mhyc012
- Danner Men's Rivot TFX 8 Coyote Military & Tactical Boot
- pink flowers 2018 Cute Animal Slippers Rabbit Ear Fur Slippers Plush Home shoes Coral Fleece Indoor Floor Sock Winter Foot Warmer
- Rocket Dog Womens General Debs Denim Cotton Fashion Sneaker
- Women's Low Top Classic Canvas Fashion Sneaker Basketball Tennis Athletic shoes Black,Casual shoes Low Top Lace up Fashion Sneakers Double Upper Fashion Sneaker (color Red, Size 36)
- Fay Waters Women's Leather Casual Flat Moccasins Oxfords Lace Up Round Toe Comfort Driving shoes
- DBDK Women Suede Chain Thong Minimal Gladiator Wrap Sandal ED53 - Black
- Capelli New York Zebra Patterned Ladies Flip Flops
- Women's Sandals Summer Fish Mouth Slip-On Open Toe Thick Heel mid Heel Women's shoes Plus Size,2,10
- Women 039 s Sandals Gladiator Comfort PU Spring Summer Party & Evening Dress Gladiator Comfort Buckle Chunky Heel Light Brown Beige Black
- Hoxekle Fashion Stripes Woman Knee High Boots Mid Chunky Heel Winter Waterproof Round Toe Zipper Lady Candy color shoes
- Bugatti Women''s J7608pr6n Low-Top Sneakers
- FINDYOU Genuine Leather Sandals Outdoor Men Summer Casual shoes Beach Flip Flops Rubber Non-Slip Slippers Breathable,021Yellow,9.5
- Insun Men's Crazy Horse Leather Work Ankle Boots
- Steve Madden Women's Emilina 420
- Black Cambridge Select Women's Slouch Glitter Crystal Rhinestone Cone Heel Knee-High Boot
- Apex Womens Women's Petals - Emmy Black Sneaker
- Desigual Women's Aguila,Floral Multi colord shoes Pumps
- PUMA Trinomic Blaze Knit Adult's Trainers (359996)
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Mens Star Quality BO Star Quality Bo
- Dunlop Purofort Wellington Boots Metzger Boots bluee with Steel Toe Cap Work Boots Size 13
- XLY Men's business leather shoes Men Comfortable Dress shoes Crocodile embossing men's leather shoes
- XUE Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Lace-up Driving shoes Breathable Comfort Casual Formal Business Work Black
- DoraTasia Women's Mid Flat Thick Heel PU Metal Pendant Lace Up Ankle Booties
- Wirksep Yellow Mexican Skull Crossbones Womens Cozy Lightweight Running shoes Sneakers Soft Rubber
- pink town Womens Pointy Toe Ankle Strap Wrap Ballet Flats Lace up Flat shoes
- Cloudless Womens Comfortable Block Chunky Mid Heel Ankle Western Bootie Boots
- Jifnhtrs Summer Sexy Hallow Comfortable Platform Sandals Women Steady High Wide Heels shoes
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes High Top Women American Flag Rider Hero
- 1TO9 Womens Boots Closed-Toe Zip Kitten-Heels Warm Lining Solid Road Ankle-Cuff Suede Dress Smooth Leather Urethane Boots MNS02534
- KENSBUY Men & Women Breathable Mesh Running Sport Tennis Outdoor shoes,Beach Aqua,Athletic,Exercise,Slip Wave
- Nine West Women's Ronnie Fashion Sandals
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This DANDANJIE Men's Driving Car Slip On Casual Leather Loafers shoes for Business 2018 Summer Spring from Adidas Men's Adi-Ease Gymnastics shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a John Smith Men Sports shoes CINCA 15I black-Real Size 40 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust SHANGWU Spring And Autumn Men's shoes Casual shoes Low To Help Set Foot color Leather Surface British Manual Casual shoes Driving shoes shoes XIAOQI of structured cabling, Frogg Togg Rana II PVC Nylon Hip Wader with Cleated Sole, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Leather Men's Driving Loafer Round Toe Flat Heel Solid color Splice Vamp Slip on shoes shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafer for Men Slip On Style Boat Moccasins PU Leather Retro Personality Texture Metaldecor Cricket shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Easy Go Shopping Men's Business Oxford Casual High-top Individual Rust Resistant Zipper Patent Leather Brogue shoes Cricket shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Men's Casual shoes ，Spring Fall Stylish Peas shoes Loafers & Slip-ONS Men Driving shoes Lazy shoes Office & Career
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Spieth & Wensky Men's 596 H Julian-Sneaker Hi-Top Trainers illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Viking Unisex Adults’ Seilas Wellington Boots runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Snow Boots Men'S Cotton shoes Winter Thickening Warm Thick Martin Short Boots Men And Women shoes High shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Oxford Men'S shoes Men'S Casual shoes Fashion Retro Tooling shoes Martin Boots
- Men's shoes Synthetic Microfiber Leather 2018 Spring Summer Fall Winter Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Mens Driving shoes Formal shoes (color gold, Size 42) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
K-Swiss Performance Men's Ks Tfw Bigshot Light LTR Omni Tennis shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the PUMA Trinomic Blaze Knit Adult's Trainers (359996)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools GLSHI Men Lightweight Running shoes New Breathable Sneakers Outdoor Travel Fitness shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafer For Men Boat Moccasins Slip On OX Leather Crocodile Texture Metaldecor Cricket shoes (color Brown, Size 7.5 UK) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Le Coq Sportif Dynacomf Text, Unisex Adults’ LowI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its SDKHIN Barefoot Water shoes surfing snorkeling Breathable lightweight outdoor casual shoes summer mesh drainage wading shoes large size (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Gelert Ottawa Low Boys Walking shoes Charcoal bluee Trainers Footwear, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Men's Dress shoes With Business Casual shoes Fashion (color Red, Size 38EU)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist