If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Delli Aldo Gustavo M606001PL Men's Buckle Strap Ankle High Dress Boots shoes, Black, 7 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Adidas Crazyquick Mid Molded Football Cleats (10, Platinum black titanium), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Adidas LA Trainer, Unisex Kids' Running shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Touch Ups Women's Blake Platform Pump
- YDN Women Retro Pointy Toe Half D'Orsay Spike Heel Mules Cutout Outside Slip On Slide Sandal Slippers
- F.N.JACK Fashion Men shoes Denim Sneakers Rock Stud Genuine Leather Trainers Green
- XIDISO Mens Womens Running shoes Air Cushion Sneakers Lightweight Athletic Tennis Sport shoes for Men
- Johnston & Murphy Men's Trevitt Woven Venetian Loafer
- GOG Height Increasing Elevator Men's Imitation Leather Cloth Crocodile Pattern Casual Slip On shoes Black
- On Running Women's Cloudventure Midtop Mulberry Grey Size 7.5
- Badgley Mischka Womens Eg2393 Formal Dress
- Comfortabel 610200, Men’s Open Toe Sandals
- Oudan Unisex cozy canvas summer skidproof indoor slippers (color Green camouflage, Size 41)
- Y-H Unisex Casual shoes, Winter Plus Cashmere Warm Windproof Snow Boots Boots, Men's Outdoor Slip-Ons Training shoes (color Pink, Size 44)
- Padders Men's Leather shoes 'Griff' Wide G Fit 30mm Heel Free Footcare UK shoes Horn
- New Mineral Red Nubuck Ivory Cole Haan Women's Rodeo Tassel Driver
- Five Worlds by Cordani Women's Yolanda Flat Sandal
- AKJC Business shoes Men Leather Men's Official Business Men's Men's Casual Oxford Flats
- FANIMILA Women Buckle Strap Pumps
- AdeeSu Womens Hollow Out Pointed-Toe Spikes Stilettos Microfiber Sandals SLC03333
- Meijunter Women Transparent Suede Shallow Mouth 11CM High Heel Pumps Single shoes Apricot
- Uieort Lightweight Stripe Womens Slip On Canvas shoes Casual
- ELLIE 426-AUBREY 4 Knee High Steampunk Boots With Buckles And Studs Women
- Abstract Of Wavy Lines Background Basketball Sneakers For Women
- JOYBI Women Casual Mid-Calf Snow Boots Lace Up Faux Suede Flat Fur Lined Warm Round Toe Platform Boot
- Rocket Dog Womens Willie Fashion Sneakers
- Pleaser Womens DEL1033 BPU M Boot
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Platform Loafer
- The Fix Womens Page Block Heel Ghillie Sandal Dress Sandal
- Sport Sandals Sandals Summer Men's Roman shoes Breathable Non-Slip Sandals Casual Walking Camping Slippers Outdoor Fishing Beach Slippers (color Black, Size 5.5UK 7.5US)
- Replay Women's Theme Low-Top Sneakers
- Syktkmx Womens Slouchy Winter Knee High Chunky Flat Low Heel Buckle Strap Boots
- PEPEpink Women's 3808greyBIANCO White Grey Leather Loafers
- Wine Sperry Top-Sider Women's Seaport Penny Loafer
- IOJHOIJOIJOIJMO Women Mid-Calf Boots Knitted Stretch Fabric Sewing Boots Fretwork Heel Pointed Toe Woman
- Liabb Boots,Mens,Military Army,Tactical Outdoor,Desert,Men,Breathable,Camping Hiking Combat,Lace Up High Top,Leather shoes,Beige,44
- 2018 New Mens Leather Casual Loafers Moccasins Slip On Driving shoes Formal Business Work for Casual Office & Career Outdoor
- Asics Men's Matflex 4 Wrestling shoes
- Puma One 1 FG AG Football Boots - Silver Shocking orange Black
- Lethato Handcrafted Mens Brogue Captoe Oxford Derby Genuine Leather Lace up shoes with golden color Metal Aglets shoeslace Tips
- FizaiZifai Women Cute Bow Heels Pumps
- FLourishing Women’s Rivet Mule Flats shoes Pointed Toe Backless Slipper Slip On Loafer shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Travel Solid Boots Urethane Boots MNS02720
- AdeeSu Womens Heighten Inside Assorted colors Urethane Boots SXC03107
- SoftWalk Womens Raven Ankle Boot
- Meeshine Womens Summer Flat Sandals Bohemian Glitter Flip Flops T-Strap Thong shoes
- Summer Sandals, Fheaven Women Denim Sandal Ankle Straps Wedges Sandals High Heels Peep-Toe Platform shoes (7, bluee)
- Women's shoes Nubuck Leather Spring Summer Word Belt Buckle Sandal Pointed High Heels Ladies Stiletto High Heels
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Diesel Men's D-Velows D-String Low Sneaker, bluee Iris Anthracite, 9.5 M US from GLSHI Men Sports shoes 2018 Autumn Cushioning Lightweight Breathable Outdoor Basketball shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Kenneth Cole New York Men's Mix Lace Up D Oxford to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Joma Numero 10 Pro SG of structured cabling, Modern Minimalist Restaurant Chandelier Three Creative Personality Garden Led Bar Living Room Dining Room Lamp Crystal Pendant Lamp,Singlehead(1)-withwhiteLEDlightbulb ( color Khaki , Size 39 ), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Reebok Men's Flexagon Force Ankle-High Training shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Men's Summer Sandals(24.5-27.0) cm Sandals Wear Resistant and Comfortable Outdoor Anti-Skid BreathableAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Evoga Men's Lace-Up Flats bluee bluee 7 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Dockers by Gerli Schuhe 36LI015
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Men's Casual Sneakers Spring Summer Fall Lightweight Breathable Running shoes Mens Large Size 37-46 Hiking shoes Travel shoes (color Yellow, Size 46) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The SKY-Maria Fashion Running shoes Men's The New Outdoor Sports shoes Flat shoes Breathable runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide FEI Men's shoes,Summer Fall Canvas Sneakers,Comfort Low-Top Sneakers, Lace-up Running shoes, Outdoor Exercise Sneakers that may be of interest to your District including:
- D.A.T.E. Boston-9 Low Sneakers Man, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Delta Plus Nubuck Leather Hiker Boots Black Size 12
- UltraSource 444006-10 PVC Economy Boots, Steel Toe, White, Size 10 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
A&H Footwear Mens Gents Wyre Valley Neoprene Waterproof Mud Wellington Muck Boots shoes UK Sizes 7-12If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Classic Men Pointed Toe Uniform shoes Business Formal Crocodile Pattern Pointed Toe Oxford shoes Casual Lace-ups Derby shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Traditional Handmade Casual Men shoes Leather Flip-Flops Indian Espadrilles UK 8.5 Black describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from KMJBS Men'S shoes Fashion Summer Casual shoes Breathable Agam shoes Wear Resistance Fashion. provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Palladium Unisex Adults' Pampa Ox Orig U TrainersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Nike Magistax Pro Ic, Men’s Calcio Allenamento (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by GAOLIXIA Men's shoes Spring Autumn Sports shoes Casual Running shoes Trend to Flying Fabric Breathable Fashion Low Top shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
ZHRUI Men Canvas shoes Slip on Breathable Fashion Casual Outdoor Sneakers Walking shoes (color Green, Size 7=41 EU)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist