If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Efbj Watercolour Painting Landscap Unisex Unique High Top Canvas shoes Sneakers for Men and Women allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Efbj Strawberry Pattern Unisex Comfortable High Top Canvas Sneaker for Men and Women, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Efbj Sparkle Background Unisex Unique High Top Gym shoes Trainers Sneakers for Men and Women at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- WANGXIAOLIN Vintage Fish Mouth Wild Buckle High-heeled Women's Sandals ( color Silver , Size 35 )
- Burr High Heel Ankle Bootie Women Pointed Toe 11.5Cm Stiletto Dress shoes OL Court shoes EU Size 35-40
- Nautilus Footwear Men's 1710 EH Safety Toe Sneaker
- L-RUN Women's Waterproof Winter Boots with Fur Outdoor Warm Ankle Short Snow Boots
- Snowman Lee Mens Winter 3 Eye Lined Boat shoes Leather Slip Resistant Classic Dress shoes
- Chuanqi Women's Sexy Floral Print 3 4 Sleeve Floor Length Maxi Dress for Party
- Mens Double Monk Strap shoes Cap Toe Buckle Slip On Loafer Leather Comfortable Formal Business Dress shoes for Men
- Circle G Women's by Corral Cutout Booties Round Toe
- Diadora Unisex Adults’ B. Elite Gymnastics shoes
- ZXLO Men's Boots Winter Waterproof Leather Work Safety Boots Outdoor Hiking shoes
- Adidas Men's Supernova Sequence 9 Running shoes
- Reebok Instapump Fury Tech Mens Running Trainers Sneakers
- Puma White PUMA Womens Carson 2 X Wn Sneaker
- ALWAYS ME Summer Sandal Flip Flops shoes for Women Thick Heels Sandals Casual Russian shoes
- Marc O'Polo Marc Opolo - 70223783501608100
- Crazy-shop Soft Women shoes Flats Moccasins Slip on Loafers Genuine Leather Casual Footwear
- Women Summer Elastic Strap Flat Sandals, T Strap Thong Beach Walking Flip Flops Casual Sandals shoes
- Eclimb Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Strap High Heel Stiletto Pumps shoes.
- FEWW11 Women Cool Lightweight shoes Sneakers Cute Teddy Bears Pink Pattern Breathable Gym Lace-Up
- Ellie shoes Women's 609-Aurore Platform Sandal
- Xinantime Spring Single shoes Women's Metal Buckle Round Toe Sandals shoes Hollow Chunky Mid High Heels Booties
- Bettie Page Women's BP250-Tegan Heeled Sandal
- Women Leatherette Peep Toe Lace Up Gladiator Wedge Sandal EC98 - Beige
- GUESS Women’'s Grace Hi-Top Trainers
- Sam Edelman Womens Jordan Heeled Sandal
- gold Pigeon shoes Party Party SERA1397 Comfort Evening Dress Pumps, Wedding shoes Women Ballroom Dance shoes Medium Heel
- 2018 New Men's shoes Pointed Business Formal shoes Fashion High-Top shoes Dress shoes Wedding Casual Party & Evening,B,40
- ONCEFIRST Women Vintage High Heel Pump Bohemia Beads Sandal
- Wittner Women's Jerrie Slides in Black
- Think Women's Julia Damen-84349 Black
- Black Together to create a miracle 2018 Newest Knee Genuine Leather Boots Warm Autumn Winter Boots high Heels shoes Woman
- R2 Women's Blythe2 T-Strap Sandal
- Sandals For Men Fisherman Breathable Casual Water shoes Walking Outdoor Beach Travel Stitch Slippers Leather Closed Toe Anti-Slip Cricket shoes (color Yellowish Brown, Size 8.5 UK)
- Chatham Marine Galley Ii shoes bluee
- Mens Ladies Genuine Full Sheepskin Slipper Bootie by Shepherd of Sweden
- LHY-Riding Cycling shoes Men'S Autumn And Winter Seasons Casual Lock-Free Breathable Cycling Sports shoes Road Bike Mountain Bike
- Black (59075black Lion) Ecco SOFT 7 Men’s Hi-Top Sneakers Hi-Top Sneakers
- Qupid Hurst 01 Women's Open Toe Ankle Strap Sandal Heels
- Hanglin Trade Women's Cute Pointed Toe Bow Flats Ladies Patent PU Loafer shoes
- Dreneco Women Stiletto Heel Sandals Ankle High Heels Open Toe shoes
- BININBOX Rome Open Toe Peep Toe Platform High Flat Heel Gladiator Sandals shoes
- Women's Ankle Boots Motorcycle Punk Zip Lace up Buckle Strappy Booties Leather Stud shoes
- Women's Booties Autumn and Winter Leather Retro Boots England Wind Scrub Single Boots Thick with Leather Bare Boots
- CASSOCK Ladies Handmade High Heel Pumps PVC Sexy Party Prom Pointy Large Size Fashion shoes
- Women Penny Loafers Snake Print Faux Fur Warm Slip on Driving Office Flats shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Welltree Unisex Women's & Men's Quick Drying Breathable Mesh Aqua Water shoes from Waterproof shoes Covers, Portable Rain Boots with Adjustable Belt Buttons Anti-Slip Reusable was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a AI BAO Women's Marble Texture Diagonal Bag Fashion Crossbody Shoulder Bag Trend Handbag Messenger Bag Satchel Clutch Tote Bags to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust BalaMasa Womens Hounds-Tooth Solid Dance-Ballroom Urethane Boots ABL10696 of structured cabling, BalaMasa Womens Travel Solid Platform Urethane Boots ABL10681, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, BalaMasa Womens Slip-On High-Heels Solid Imitated Suede Pumps-shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
AN Womens Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Urethane Boots DKU02316As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting AN Womens Square Heels Assorted colors Sheepskin Pumps shoes DGU00821 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Rialto Womens Mariella Closed Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Weiwei Women's Summer Sandals, Waterproof Table Simple Fashion Black Medium Thick Heel Sandals illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Air Force Leafy Camo Womens Lace up Loafers shoes Rubber Sole runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Uieort Red Blood camo Womens Lace up Loafers shoes Casual that may be of interest to your District including:
- Uieort Pink ice Bear Kids Womens Lace up Canvas shoes Comfortable, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Hug Black Bear Pride Womens Lace Up Loafers shoes Lightweight
- Uieort Army Desert Digital camo Womens Lace up Canvas shoes Lightweight development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Uieort gold Lion King Womens Slip On Canvas shoes LightweightIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's Sandals Super High Heel 16 cm Open Toe European Style Waterproof Platform (color Black, Size 9.0 US)of 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Skulls Print Crossed Bones Slip On Canvas Upper Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Fashion provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
colorful Skull Pattern Slip On Rubber Sole Loafers Canvas shoes for Women ComfortableI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its T-JULY Womens Ladies Fashion Flat Sandals Rhinestone Beaded Bohemian Flip Flop Ankle Strap Thong Summer Beach Slippers (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Marc Fisher Womens BRIGITA Ankle Boot, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Madden girl Womens Sugarr Wedge SandalDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist