If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Quality.A Summer Rhinestone Sandals Women's Open-Toed high Heels Heel Stiletto Heels allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Skechers Womens Plush - Clear View Ballet Flat, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Palladium Women's Flex Lace Pd Tuxedo Oxford at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Navy Satin Cambridge Select Women's Thigh-High Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heel Over The Knee Boot
- Jawass Cute Teddy Bears Pink Pattern Women's Canvas shoes Classic Slipon Sneaker Low Top
- HANBINGPO Women's Single shoes Pointed Pu High Heels Stiletto High Heel Single shoes
- Superga Womens 2750 Satinfantw Sneaker
- WeenFashion Women's Zipper High-Heels PU Solid Open Toe Sandals
- BalaMasa Girls Metal Ornament Platform Heighten Inside Imitated Leather Boots
- Women Pointed Martin Boots 2018 Autumn Winter Fashion Tassel Buckle High Heel Boots Size EU 34-48
- UIN Women's Jump Painted Canvas shoes Multicolor
- TED BAKER MENS HEBEY TRAINERS
- Dr. Martens Cabrillo Brown Mens 2 Eyelet Leather Boots
- Pelle Moda Womens Nell2-sl Dress Sandal
- Velour Pumps shoes Thin shoes Leisure Flat Women shoes with Bowknot Office Worker shoes (color Black, Size 42)
- Sanita O2 Luxe - Charm in Leather Black
- Women's Ankle Boots Suede Autumn Winter Platform shoes Retro Martin Boots Wedge Ankle Boots Outdoor Walking shoes (color Brown, Size 38)
- Dexter Womens Raquel V Bowling shoes Wide Width- White bluee
- DSOL Women's Latin Dance shoes DC261303 DC261305 Brown
- Woman Ankle Boots Mid Chunky Heel Zipper Snake Print PU Round Toe Ladies Sexy Fashion Buckle Party Short shoes
- Dr. Scholl's shoes Womens Brilliance Wide Calf Knee High Boot
- Frye Womens Myra Tassel Lace Boot
- MuMa Martin Boots， Men shoes， Cotton， Plus Velvet Waterproof Thicken Keep Warm Winter - Multi-color Optional (color bluee, Size EU40 UK7 CN41)
- Tuscan Yellow Velvet Sam Edelman Women's Hazel Pump
- DALL Sports & Outdoor Sandals Ly-795 Shock Absorption Men's shoes Sandals Slippers Beach shoes Summer Leisure Wear-resistant Three color Optional (color Black, Size EU 39 UK 6 CN 39)
- Converse Unisex Adults’ Chuck Taylor All Star Ii Shield Ox Low-Top Sneakers
- U-POWER Safety shoes Leather Upower Red Lion Brave S3 Ci SRC RedLion
- Nike Sock Dart Artic orange Peach Pink 909551 800 Breathe Mens Running Fashion
- GIY Women's Pearl Flat Sandals Open Toe Fashion Casual Comfort Summer Beach Dress Walking Sandals shoes
- Fheaven Summer Loafers Women Casual Flat Leather shoes White Board Double Clasp Boat shoes
- Kensie Girl Girls Scuff Slippers (Little Kid Big Kid)
- S Oliver S Oliver Womens shoes 13602 Navy
- Pleaser Women's 6 Inch Strappy Ankle Wrap Sandal (Black;14)
- Refresh Footwear Elma-01 Women's Buckle Sweater Knit Flat Ankle Boot
- Women PVC Lace-up Ankle Rain Boots Candy colors Cartoon Rainboots Waterproof Water shoes Woman,ZJ68
- Alex Kuts Women's Platform Real Leather High Heel Sandals Rivet Peep Toe Summer shoess,White,10
- Ivanka Trump Womens Elise Ballet Flat
- Thigh High Boot Stretch Stovepipe Boots 8Cm Chunkly Heel Party Dress Boot Women Fashion Pointed Toe Drawstring Knight Boot EU Size 34-39
- Belle by Sigerson Morrison Women's Lyle Boot Brown
- OluKai Men's Ohana Koa Thong Sandal
- Spring Step Women's Happy Mule
- Dansko Women's Gabi Sneaker Grey
- Inov-8 Women's Fastlift 325 Fitness shoes
- Dr. Comfort Wing Men's Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Dress shoes Leather Lace Black
- Adidas Men's Supernova st m Running shoes
- ASJUNQ Casual Men's Leather shoes Business,Brown-40
- Xxoshoe Men‘s Casual Lace up Round Toe Fashion Ankle Leather Combat Martin Boots for Men Tooling shoes
- Puma Rs-100 Sound Dazzling bluee-High Risk Red 41 EU (8.5 US 7.5 UK)
- White Qiusa Boy's Men's Bows Stitched Slip-on Classic Spring Summer Loafers (color Dark bluee, Size 9.5 UK)
- French Navy Bircham Bloom Joules Women's Molly Welly Rain
- High Heels Gladiator Fish Mouth Women Pumps Straps Belt Buckle Women shoes Sexy Party Female
- Allegra K Women's Espadrille Crisscross Strappy Platform Wedges Sandals
- MIA Womens Robyn Fashion Boot
- DS By KSC Womens Platform Sandals Studded Peep Toe Cutout High Heel Dress shoes Champagne
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Multi color Flat shoes Female Plus Size Soft Special Light color Flat shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Chunky Heels Platform Urethane Boots MNS03306
- Gedigits Women's Trendy Beaded Pointy High Heel Platform Round Toe Faux Suede Pull On Slouchy Mid Calf Boots Black 7 M US
- Women's Ankle Boots, Fashion Booties Winter New Elegant Pointy Sexy Stiletto Heels Fashion Ladies Boots Party & Evening Dress shoes (color Black, Size 37)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Henraly Spring Women Platform shoes Woman Brogue Patent Leather Flats Lace up Footwear Female Flat Oxford shoes for Women from HANBINGPO New Pointed Toe Transparent Block High Heels Stain Yellow Pumps Escarpins Women Fall Spring Elegant Lady Office Party shoes,gold,4 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Mamamoo Fashion Square Heel Womens Sandals Black Red Square Toe Chunky High Heels Party Dress Basic Pump to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust The Doll Maker Glitter Ballet Flat of structured cabling, gold Toe Women's Jasper Smoking Faux Suede Loafer Flat Comfort Slip On shoes with Arch Support, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Welltree Unisex Women's & Men's Quick Drying Breathable Mesh Aqua Water shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Hoxekle Women High Heel Sandals Sexy Open Toe Woman Office Lady Fashion shoes Footwear Outdoor Party SandalAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Hoxekle Women Snow Boot Flat Lace Winter Warm Plush Fur Ankle Boots Black White Lace Up Casual Walking Short shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Btrada Women Platform Rhinestone Flats Slippers Ladies Flip Flops Summer Beach Casual Soft Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This BalaMasa Womens Solid Dress Performance Leather Boots ABL10784 illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The 1TO9 Womens Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Buckle Urethane Pumps shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide 1TO9 Womens No-Closure Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Black Sequin Pumps shoes - 5.5 B(M) US that may be of interest to your District including:
- Ladies Winter Snow Boots Boots Cotton Thickened Knee Size, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- DETAIWIN Women's Breathable Sneakers Mesh Upper Air Insole Slip On Casual Comfort Driving Moccasins Walking Loafers
- Pit4tk Winter Women Stretch Faux Suede Slim Thigh High Boots Sexy Fashion Over The Knee Boots High Heels development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women Warm New Ankle Motorcycle Boot Black Pink Beige High-Heels shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Uieort Green Army Military Camo Womens Lace up Sneakers shoes Comfortableof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Ninja Cat Meow Warrior Womens Lace Up Loafers shoes Lightweight describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Women's Vintage Chunky Sneakers Platform Athletic Walking Trainers Dad shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Pierre Dumas HESTER-19 Women's Strappy Platform Wedge SandalsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Bright bluee Diamond Slip On Superior Comfort Sneakers Canvas shoes for Women Fashion (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Senza Fretta Sexy Women Pvc Jelly Sandals Transparent Toe Ladies shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
TDA Women's Sexy Cut-out Zipper Suede Evening Party Dress Stiletto SandalsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist