If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s BOLUOYI 2019 Party Wear Heels for Women Women Ladies Mixed colors Buckle Peep Toe Wedges Casual Loafers Sandals shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop WENNEW Bohemian Rhinestone Sandals Beach shoes Effortless Wild Toe Flavourless shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new HUANGDAISY shoes Funny Pugs Background Slip-on Canvas Loafer for Women at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Lava Silver Ice-Galaxy bluee Jordan Air Jordan 11 Retro Low Big Kids
- Anxinke Ladies Leather Buckle Strap Zipper Casual Boots
- Rongzhi Womens Stiletto High Heels Suede Open Toe Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals Dress Party Prom Green
- Owen Moll Women Flats, Solid Slip-on Suede Ladies Cozy Ballet Flat shoes
- Sernfinjdr Women's Abstract Pattern with Bright Feather Casual Canvas Slip on shoes Comfort Running Sneakers
- Y-H Mens shoes,Spring Leather Light Soles Comfort Driving shoes, Mens Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes Peas shoes,Road Cycling shoes,Black,38
- Hiking shoes Men Lightweight Outdoor Trekking Spring Tourism Outdoor Leisure shoes Breathable Leather shoes
- Ruosh Men's Tan Loafers-7 UK India (40 EU)(1121045170)
- Dr. Marten's 1461 Vegan, Unisex-Adult Lace-Up Flats
- pink town Women's Winter lace up Snow Boots Waterproof shoes
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Unhappy Brown Bear Face
- SEERTED Heavy Metal Rock Badges Set Comfortable Sneakers for Women for Work
- GIY Women's Pointed Toe Flowers Chelsea Ankle Boots Fashion Elastic Low Heel Booties Western Short Boots
- PUMA Womens Muse En Pointe WN's Sneaker
- El Naturalista Womens N275 Soft Grain Tibet-Gpinklla El Viajero Slipper
- Pleaser 7 Stiletto Heel Lace-Up Pf Ankle Bt, Side Zip Womens Boots
- Cambridge Select Women's Thong Slip-On Flip-Flop Strappy Flat Slide Sandal
- PUMA Men's Toori Run Y Running shoes
- IGI&CO shoes Woman Low Sneakers Without Laces 3154500 Black
- Teva Women's Arrabelle Slide Sandal
- Woolrich Women's Beebe Wool Chukka Boot
- Mens Amblers Steel FS198 Safety Boot Gents Textile Leather PU Sole Lace Up shoes
- Winter Men's Snow Boots Men's Waterproof Slip Ankle shoes On Fully Fur Lined Warm Hiking Booties Size 38-47
- JIALUN-Sandals Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Casual Personality Splicing Winter Imitation Fleece Privileged High Top Boot(Conventional Optional)
- Oatmeal Sam Edelman Women's Stillson Pumps
- CXILIN Breathable Running shoes Students Harajuku Fashion Wild Sports shoes Women,
- Chaqlin Red Flower Walking Flat shoes Comfort Fashion Sneaker US9
- Ailj Water shoes, Men and Women Quick-Drying Diving shoes Swimming shoes Waterproof Surf shoes Bathing shoes White
- Men's Professional Military Tactical Hiking shoes Male's Durable and Non-Slip Combat Boots Spring and Autumn Breathable Running Sneakers (color Black, Size 9.5 UK)
- Irish Setter Men's 83606 6 Aluminum Toe Work Boot
- New Summer Sandals Flat Beach shoes Flip Flops Women's Fashion Sweet Slipper,B,39
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag colorful Donuts with Sprinkles Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- MINIVOG Women's Buckle Slipper Mules for Cool Weather
- Keds Women's Ace LTT Leather Sneakers
- Good-Memories 2019 Spring New Shallow Mouth Round Head Super High Heel Waterproof Platform Stiletto Women's shoes JXQ-512-1
- T-JULY Fashion Show Gladiator Sandals Women Fretwork Peep Toe Ankle Strappy Heels Ladies Platform Stylish Nightclub shoes
- Nine Seven Patent Leather Women's Pointy Toe Low Heel Handmade Plain Loafer Flats
- SLOGGERS 5119FCGN07 Wo's, Fresh Cut Green sz 7 Waterproof Comfort shoes
- Pleaser Women's Adore-708UV C NPP Platform Sandal
- Insun Men's Vintage Crazy Horse Leather Boot shoes
- Charles by Charles David Sasha Women Pointed Toe Patent Leather Black Heels
- Made In Italia Women's Sandals, Simona_Cuoio
- Aquatalia Womens Abbey Soft Nappa Flat Sandal
- Vans Women’'s Ua Sk8-hi Slim Hi-Top Sneakers
- Ellesse Men's Taggia Fitness shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Walking shoes for Womens sports Wear-Resistant Comfortable Walking shoes from 2018 New Women and Men's Flat Heel Lace up Solid color Fashion Leisure Sneaker (color Black, Size 7.5 MUS) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nike Women's Court Force Ankle-High Basketball shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women's Wedges Ankle Boots Mid Heel Wedge High Hi Top Ankle shoes Trainers Boots Side Zipper Winter Warm Casual Boots Size of structured cabling, Nike Mercurial Victory Vi Firm Ground Football (Little Big Kid), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Qiyun New Flat Heel Increased Faux Suede Lace-Up Ankle Boots Women Casual shoes shoes Bottes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Harborsides greyel Women Comfort Flats, Memory Foam Insole, Flex A Lite OutsoleAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Adrienne Vittadini Footwear Women's Alen Block Heel Fringy Dress Sandal (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Efbj Green Stars Unisex Fashion High Top Sneakers shoes for Men and Women
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This EcoRight 100% Ecofriendly Cotton Canvas Insulated Printed Lunch Tote Bag with Zipper, Shoulder Strap Washable Bag for Women Men adult0701 illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Spot On Womens Ladies Mid Heel Lace Up Ankle Boots runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide BalaMasa Womens Studded Travel Solid Urethane Boots ABL10713 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Winter Female Plus Velvet Swing shoes Snow Platform Boots Women Thermal Cotton-Padded shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Daya by Zendaya Womens Netty Ankle Boot
- AN Womens Spikes Stilettos Unique Platform Fur Collar Urethane Boots DKU02386 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
AN Womens Chunky Heels Platform Lace Urethane Boots DKU02360If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Wension Women Platform Sandals Rounds Toe Hight Heels shoes Lady Crisscross Ankel Strappy Prom Dress Pumpsof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Btrada Women's Snow Boots Winter Warm Plush Lining Ladies Ankle Boot Fashion Lace Up Suede Flat shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Uieort Tropical Watermelon Fruit Womens Lace up Sneakers shoes FashionI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its KingRover Women's Stretch Denim Ripped Jean High Peep-Toe Stiletto Heel Boot (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by WestCoast Hush-01 Women's Leatherette Peep Toe Hollow Out Cork Lug Sole Bootie Heel Sandal, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
WeiPoot Women's Round Closed Toe PU Zipper Low-Heels Knee-high BootsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist