If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s ASO-SLING Womens Running Athletic shoes Fashion Casual Leather Sneakers for Sport Gym Walking allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Owen Moll Women Pumps, Fashion Office Patent Leather Pointed Toe Shallow Sandal shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Pleaser Women's 6 Inch Strappy Ankle Wrap Sandal (Black;14) at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Baffin Men's Compressor -60 Degree Celsius Work Boot
- Monica‘s house Plus Size Female Ankle Strap High Heels shoes Thick Heel for Women Party Wedding
- pink town Women's Shining Sandals Dance Dress shoes
- Nike Men's Vapor 12 Club Cr7 Fg Mg Footbal shoes
- Femaroly Ultralight Sport Running shoes Breathable Mesh Casual Walking Dress Athletic Sneakers Slip-on for Men and Boys
- LOVDRAM Men's shoes Summer Men'S Casual shoes Sports Breathable Flying Woven Fashion Mesh Running shoes
- Men's shoes Fashion Embroidery Retro Casual shoes Comfortable And Breathable Simple Hair Stylist shoes, Suitable For Nightclubs Work Everyday Wear
- Brown (Cognac 177) Manz Men's's Firenze Chelsea Boots
- Pretty Women BAD Skulls & BAD bones Sneakers Cool shoes
- ONCEFIRST Womens Mid Calf Boots Stacked Block Heel
- AN Womens Chunky Heels Pointed-Toe Sheepskin Leather Pumps shoes DGU00837
- Comfity Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heels Crisscross Strappy Pumps Ladies Ankle Buckle Strap shoes
- Fairly Summer High Heels shoes Slip On Open Toe Heels Party Club Dress shoes,Bruin,7
- GIY Women's Open Toe Chunky Covered Block High Heel Ankle Strap Sandals No-Slip Pump Heeled Sandals
- Women Metallic Leatherette Open Toe Double Buckle Perforated Sandal FJ66 - gold
- Giani Bernini Womens Raiven2 Leather Closed Toe Knee High, Black, Size 9.0
- Blowfish Women's Bungalow Wedge Sandal
- 1TO9 Womens Boots Closed-Toe Lace-Up Adjustable-Strap Heeled Solid Warm Lining Rubber Waterproof Bootie Urethane Boots MNS02669
- HAPPYSHOP(TM Men's Real Leather England Brogue Carving Ankle Boot Snake Boots Ankle-Length Boot bluee
- Adidas Performance Women's Energy Cloud Black
- Muck Boot Mens Chore Resistant Tall Work Boot
- Munro Jordi Black Patent Women's Slip-On Dress shoes
- Clarks Stream Jet GTX shoes Mens
- blue mtlc Mephisto Women's Helen Thong Sandal
- Summer Flat Sandals for Women, Bohemian Flower Sandals Outdoor Flip Flops Beach Thong Anti-Slip shoes
- Winter Fashion Men Boots Style Casual Lace-Up Warm Plush Waterproof Motorcycle shoes Size 38-45,Multi-colord-EU41 UK7.5-8 US8.5-9
- Beach Diving Swimming shoes Anti-Cutting Foot Quick Drying Rubber Soft shoes Unisex Summer Barefoot Wading shoes
- Reebok Ventilator Trainers - Steel
- bluendstone Mens Active Series Boots, Brown
- Super High 11.5CM Thin Heels Women Pumps Ankle Cross Strap Sandals shoes Woman Ladies Pointed Toe High Heels Dress Party shoes,Yellow,42
- AmoonyFashion Women's Frosted Pointed Closed Toe Kitten Heels Pull On Solid Pumps-shoes
- QueenFashion Women's Close Round Toe High Platform Candy Romanesque Style Stiletto Heels PU and Patent Leather Pumps shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Zipper High-Heels Frosted Solid Open Toe Sandals
- Lucita Women's Belt On Flat
- AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Soft Leather Solid Buckle Open-Toe Sandals
- Women's Sandals Flat Lazy Beach Metal shoes， Black， gold (color Black, Size 6 US)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This HUANGDAISY Funny Pugs Background Slip-on Microfiber Rubber Out-Sole EVA Insole shoes for Womens from Spyman Women's Leather Sandals New Summer Roman Leather Flat Sandals Fashion Platform Casual shoes Women's Large Size Sandals 34-45 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Nevados Women's Klondike Waterproof Hiking Boot to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Holy Land Market Unisex Leather Biblical Sandals (Jesus - Yashua) Yousef Style Brown of structured cabling, SmartHS PU Leather Motorcycle Lady Bag Steampunk Shoulder Waist Bag Thigh Holster Bag Black, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, DANDANJIE New Womens Casual Fashion Sneakers Shape-Ups Slip On Walking Sports Mesh shoes Athlectic Outdoor Loafers Trainer Breathable Mesh Running shoes Sneakers, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Bugatti Women V51319K 160 FaithAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Fanciest Women's Pointed Toe Pumps Flats Sandals Crystal Wedding Bridal shoes White 2046-13 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Skechers Womens GO Run 600 - Revel Sneakers
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Beautiful - Fashion Women's Waterproof Hiking Boots Outdoor Running Trail Hiker High-top Non-Slip Casual Climbing shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The ZHZNVX Women's Suede Spring & Summer Sandals Stiletto Heel Open Toe Rhinestone Black Almond runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Hoxekle Winter Women Boots Slip-on Round Toe Fashion Faux Leather Flat Platform Ankle Boots for Women Mid Heel shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Summer New Size Sandals 11.5 cm Ultra High Heel Single shoes Zipper Waterproof Platform Roman Chunky Open Toe shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- BalaMasa Womens Studded Pleated Charms Urethane Boots ABL10699
- Gjsonmv Womens Abstract Cosmic Planet mesh Non Slip shoes Lightweight Badminton Sneakers development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Adidas Performance Women's Alphabounce 1 WIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Style & Co. Womens Venesa Almond Toe Knee High Fashion Boots, Black, Size 10.0of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools 1TO9 Womens No-Closure Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Black Sequin Pumps shoes - 5.5 B(M) US describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from GilesJones Loafers Flats Women,Casual Round Toe Slip On Thick Heel Platform shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Spring Step Pro Women's Wales Oil Resistant Loafers BlackI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Soft Material Ankle-high Solid Pull-on Boots (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Bokun Women Sneakers Genuine Leather Flat Platform Plush Winter Womens White shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Autumn Winter Women Ankle Boots High Heels Woman Platform Flock Boots Ladies shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist