If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Women's Heeled Slides Sandals Block Heel Slip On Sliver Strap Slippers Platform Open Toe shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Lucky Women's LK-Beechmer Ballet Flat, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new F-OXMY Women Classic Soft Non-Slip Flat Oxfords shoes Retro Comfort Round Toe Lace Up Casual Walking shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Old Gringo Abelina Boots
- WYMBS Autumn and Winter Gifts Women's shoes Round Neck lace up Single Tone Women's shoes
- KemeKiss Women Comfort Platfrom Lace Up Wedges Pumps shoes Mini Size
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Ruby Wedge Sandal
- Vitalo Womens Zip Up Lace Up Thigh High Heel Over The Knee Stiletto Boots
- AdeeSu Womens Chunky Heels Metal Buckles Urethane Boots SXC03303
- Women's shoes PU Spring Fall Comfort Novelty Heels Stiletto Heel Pointed Toe Buckle for Dress Party & Evening White, Black, Apricot
- VIC Men's Casual Canvas shoes Lace Up High Top Canvas Sneaker
- He-yanjing Men's Sneakers, Autumn and Winter New Korean Version Flying Woven Sports shoes Men's Breathable Youth Running shoes Men's shoes,C,42
- Raw Amber adidas Power Perfect III Raw Amber Men's Weightlifting Trainer shoes
- Altra Women's One2 Performance Running shoes,Sky bluee,6 M US
- Misu Women's Peep Toe Sandals Latin Salsa Tango Practice Ballroom Dance shoes with 2.75 Heel Silver
- Honeystore Women's Retro Carving Pattern Leather Knee High Boots shoes Round Toe Boot Zipper
- Capelli New York Solid Ladies Short Basic Body Jelly Rain Boot
- Franco Sarto Womens Ginny Slide Sandal
- Nike Women's Dunk Sky Hi Essential White Grey 644877-102
- Rockport Womens Total Motion 75MMPTH Plain Ocean Leather shoes 6 UK
- White Mountain Filly Boots Calf shoes Brown Womens
- El Viajero N262 Laser Cut Suede Ankle Bootie, Lux Suede Vaquero, Size - 37
- Winter Casual Cotton shoes Plus Velvet Warm Low to Help British Lace Leather shoes
- Dune Embossed ECCO Womens Shape 45 Sleek Dress Pump
- Ankle Booties Winter Men Warm Lace Up Sneakers Waterproof Working shoes Outdoor Walking Male Plush Snow Boots
- New Unisex Adults Amblers Steel FS122 Safety Boot Lace-Up Leather Footwear Honey
- Nike Juvenate, Men’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Mephisto-Chaussure Mocassin-alyon Black Leather 384-homme
- Women Bohemia Bling Sandals Vintage Platform Wedge High Heel Ankle Strappy Sandals Bridesmaid Party Slipper Flat T-Strap Hollow Slide Elegant Flower Beach shoes (US 7.5, Black)
- TAOFFEN Women's Fashion Stiletto Booties shoes
- Sungtin Women's Faux Leather Knee High Flat Slouch Boots
- Mumeson Women's Swing shoes Platform Wedges Walking Fitness Work Out Sneaker
- SaraIris Women Suede Leather Riding Fashion Knee High Combat Boots
- ISH Women's Flip-Flop Sunshine Flat Sandal
- T-JULY 2018 Women Platform Wedges Air Mesh Sneakers Fashion Breathable Casual shoes Light Weight Hidden Increasing Sports
- PFMY.DG Summer Women's Home Indoor Slippers Male Slip Beach shoes Flip Flops Sandals
- Women Platform High Heel Sandals Cross Strap Double Buckle Summer Wears Fashion Fish Mouth shoes
- Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Clear Pointed Toe Mid Stiletto Heel Handmade Fashion Bow Dress Pumps shoes
- Adidas Women's Supernova Cushion Running shoes
- CATEDOT Men's Oxford shoes Leather Cap Toe Classic Formal Business Dress shoes for Men (color Black, Size 10.5(M) US)
- T-JULY Snow Boot for Women Warm Winter Knee-High Lining Boots Plush High Heels Zip Ladies Sexy shoes
- Spring Step Women's Grazia Boots
- PUMA Women's Muse 2 Reptile Tz WN's Low-Top Sneakers
- Newton Running Women's Fate Lime Magenta 11.5 B - Medium
- Lelli Kelly Bianco pink Sneaker Moda Scarpa Bambino Sneakers 9814
- Sandal Men's Baotou Leather Closed Toe Comfy Footwear Slipper Beach Summer Outdoor shoes,Khaki,44
- CAPRICE Men's Loafer Flats Navy- blue
- Puma Avid Evoknit Diamond Mens Black Textile Athletic Lace up Running shoes
- - Vans - Trainers - UA SK8-Hi Reissue Strap - Ballistic Black (43 EU)
- Silver Floral FIC Ashley Women Wide Width Peep Toe Nylon Mesh Dress Slingback (Size Measurement Guide Available)
- Gcanwea Women's Casual Round Toe Back Zipper Slouchy Ankle Booties Medium Block Heel Platform Short Boots Increased Internal Joker Ladies Comfortable Skinny Black 4 M US Short Boots
- Labaqiangj Little Girls Leatherette Velcro Mary Jane Bow Flat (Toddler Little Kid)
- RizaBina Women Pointed Toe Heels D'Orsay shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Patent Leather Pointed Closed Toe Low Heels Pull On Solid Pumps-shoes
- Meiren Pointed High Heels Super Female Stiletto Single shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Ankle High Solid Zipper Round Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos Boots
- Skechers Womens Go Walk Revolution Ultra - 15672 Sneaker
- Women Casual Boots,Lace Up Ankle Combat Hiking Boots Work shoes Brown
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This WeiPoot Women's Soft Material Solid Pull-On Peep Open Toe High-Heels Pumps-shoes from WeiPoot Women's Microfiber Solid Buckle Open Toe High Heels Sandals was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Very Volatile Women's Bolten Heeled Sandal to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Ladies Pumps Sandal Crystal Sandals Women Outdoor Peep Toe Mid High Heel Comfortable Zipper shoes of structured cabling, Flock Flat Platform Ankle Booties Winter Warm Women's Lace Up Low Heel Snow Boots, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, WeiPoot Women's Low top Solid Zipper Round Closed Toe High-Heels Boots, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten Heels Low Top Solid Zipper BootsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting AmoonyFashion Women's Pu Assorted color Buckle Open Toe High Heels Sandals (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- SOFIE MARTIN Attractive Women Canvas shoes for Womens Skidproof shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Willie Marlow Fashion Women Pumps Patent Leather Mary Jane Square Thick Heels Buckle Strap Casual shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Gracosy Leather Sandals for Women, Summer Flat Sandals Vintage Handmade Slippers Flower Slip ons runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Ipdterty Wear-Resistant Outdoor Sneaker Strange Camera Womens Ladies Fashion Running shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Ipdterty Wear-Resistant Climbing Sneaker Cute Vector Lychee Fruit Pattern Womens Ladies Unique Athletic Running shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- GenePeg Women Slip-On Flip Flops 2018 Sexy Crystal Heeled Sandals Sexy Bling Ladies High Heels Party shoes
- Cambridge Select Women's Crystal Rhinestone Ankle Strappy Platform Wedge Dress Sandal development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Huntty Black Women Sandals Female shoes Women Nubuck Leather Trifle shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Norwegian Flag National Emblemof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Luxembourg Flag National Emblem describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from WeenFashion Womens Round Toe High Heels Soft Material Solid Boot with Platform, Black, 7 B(M) US provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
ISNOM STYLE AGIT Plus Size Fashion Patent Leather Over The Knee Boots Sexy high Heel shoes Woman Thigh high Boot WinterI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens silverina Flag (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Mount Rushmore American Founding Fathers Statues, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Flag National EmblemDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist