If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Carlos by Carlos Santana Womens Alegra Sneaker allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Women's Carousel Boot, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Cipriata Womens Ladies Romia Calf Boot at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Giani Bernini Womens Justyne Leather Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Elegant Business Handmade Pumps shoes
- Ryka Women's Moxie Cross-Training shoes
- Adidas Gazelle Og Mens Trainers
- Adidas Originals EQT Support ADV Men's shoes Black b37345 (13 D(M) US)
- Adidas ZX Flux 5 8 TR Men's shoes Core Black Chalk White s79741 (11.5 D(M) US)
- PALOMA BARCELó Women's MCGLCAT000005100E Grey Leather Wedges
- Sperry Men's, Sojourn 2 Eye Boat shoes
- Skechers Mens Suede Leather Desert Ankle Boots
- Vans Unisex Adults' U Era 59 (C F) True Whit Trainers
- Sperry Top-Sider Scarpa Da Barca A O 2-Eye Washed
- Pink L.A.M.B. Lamb Women's Genuine Australian Sheepskin Flip Flops Slippers
- ASICS Men's GEL-Contend Running shoes
- Ches Sparkling Champagne Black Diamond Crystal High Heels Women Sandals 2018 New Summer Sexy Club Heels Sandals Women
- PVC Sandals Crystal Open Toed Sexy Thin Heels Crystal Women Transparent Heel Sandals Slippers Pumps,Apricot,4
- Womens Backpacking Boots Large Size 30-48 Slip on Comfortable Women shoes Woman Winter Warm Plush Woman Snow Boots Warm Fur Ankle Boots Women
- WeiPoot Women's Enamelled Leather Low Heels Pointed Closed Toe Solid Pull On Pumps-shoes
- Diadora Women's Kuruka W Running shoes Pink
- Women's Sandals High Heels Fashion Sandals Large Size High Heels Roman Lace High Heel Sandals
- Woman Ankle Boots Zipper Faux Fur Rhinestone Buckles Round Toe Thick Rivet Platform High Thin Heel Ladies Sexy shoes
- Fanxu Women's Thong Sandals Casual Sandals Artificial Leather Shoulder Strap Retro Flat Flip-Flops (2 color shoes Code 3540)
- Women Metallic Leatherette Open Toe Double Buckle Perforated Sandal FJ66 - gold
- Giani Bernini Womens Raiven2 Leather Closed Toe Knee High, Black, Size 9.0
- Blowfish Women's Bungalow Wedge Sandal
- 1TO9 Womens Boots Closed-Toe Lace-Up Adjustable-Strap Heeled Solid Warm Lining Rubber Waterproof Bootie Urethane Boots MNS02669
- BND-SHOES,Men's Fashion Leisure Warm Ankle Boots Casual Classic Lacing Up High Top Boot Durable,Stand Wear and Tear (color Warm bluee, Size 9 D(M) US)
- Eurosoft - Womens - Sitara
- Stonefly Women's Cream 11 Laminated LTH Trainers
- Adidas Performance Men's Excelsior Pro Metal Mid Baseball Cleats Turf shoes
- LOVDRAM Casual shoes Men'S Running shoes Autumn And Winter Men'S Large Size Running shoes Increased Warm Wild Men'S shoes
- New Dickies Branded Nevada Safety Rigger Boot Steel Midsole and Toecap Work Workwear Boots Brown FD9204 UK6-12
- B Vince Camuto Womens Shetana
- This is not a harm. Women shoes High Heels Slip Ankle Boots Winter Stretch Socks Boots Elegant high Heels shoes Female
- Rongzhi Womens Shiny High Heels Stilettos Pumps T-Strap Lace Up Wedding Dress Heels shoes Pointed Toe
- Sunlome Vintage Purple Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- TXHLKD Genuine Leather Men Sandals Classic Roman Summer Men shoes Outdoor Beach Flip Flops Water Trekking Sandals
- FMWLST Boots Men'S PU Winter Boots Men'S Snow Boots Casual Non-Slip Fur Comfortable Men'S shoes Winter Warm
- Wolverine Men's Marauder 6 Inch Contour Welt Work Boot
- Adelina Women's Bright Candy color Wedge Heel Platform Pumps shoes 1-Purple 39 EU 7.5-8 US
- Pleaser GLINDA-50G, Red Glittre Mary Jane shoes, 3
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Libya Flag
- Vans Men's Old Skool Blocked
- AIWEIYi Womens Rivets High Heels Ankle Strap Platform Dress Sandals Black
- CYBLING Women's Warm Winter Boots Round Toe Buckle Strap Chunky Low Heel Faux Fur Winter Riding Boots
- NCAA Womens Ladies 13 inch University Texas at El Paso Gameday Boot
- Del Tgold Navy Velvet Slipper
- Skechers Mens Corven Horst Slip-On Loafer
- PUMA Mens Match Emboss Lthr Fashion Sneaker
- LIVEINU Men's Formal Leather Oxford Dress shoes
- Mageleo Flowers Evening Bag Luxury Dinner Bag
- New Rock Newrock NR M.7901 S2 Black Boots - Womens
- ZHRUI Men Basketball Sneakers High Top Breathable Mesh Winter Sports Basketball shoes Outdoor Male Trainers (color Red, Size 6.5=40 EU)
- Adidas Hockey Jr Oranje hockeyschoenen Kids Size 30 orange
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Autumn And Winter New Business shoes Men'S Driver Dress shoes Single shoes Men'S Wedding shoes Fashion Men'S shoes
- Skechers Men's Go Vortex Running shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This AN Womens Non-Marking High-Heel Cold Lining Urethane Sandals DIU00825 from 1TO9 Womens Low-Cut Uppers No-Closure Round-Toe Microfiber Flats shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a AN Womens Solid Dress Non-Marking Urethane Sandals DIU00990 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust 1TO9 Womens Rhinestones Lace Peep-Toe Pink Microfiber Pumps shoes - 7.5 B(M) US of structured cabling, 1TO9 Womens Adjustable-Strap Studded Platform Peep-Toe Silver Urethane Pumps shoes - 6.5 B(M) US, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, KENDALL + KYLIE Women's kkDAWN2, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Believed Unisex Short Combat Chelsea Martin Ankle High Tops Boots Work Hiking Trail Biker shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting BalaMasa Womens Quilted Lace Glitter Urethane Slides Sandals ASL05764 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- BalaMasa Womens Metal Chain Sequin Rhinestones Frosted Pumps-shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Palladium Women's Flex Pastel Lace bluee illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Womens High-Heeled Pumps shoes Sexy Hasp Heels Female Rivet High Heel Leather Pumps Woman 9cm Needle Heel shoes in Hollow Point Ventilation Rivet shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide ANGERT& Summer Satim Open Toe High-Heeled Sandals Women Big Size Bow Tie Butterfly Stiletto High Heels Chain Bowknot Wedding shoes Ladies Black 5 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Cambridge Select Women's Open Toe Caged Cutout Studded Slip-On Flat Slide Sandal, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Alerghrg Boots High Heels shoes Black Air Mesh Socks Transparent PVC Stiletto Pumps Plus Size
- WeiPoot Women's Solid Pointed Closed Toe Patent Leather Pumps-shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Shower Slippers， Foot Massager, Cobblestone Warm Slippers EVA Soft Slippers Men's and Women's Universal (color Coffee, Size 44EU)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Canvas shoes Female Super fire Graffiti Hand-Painted Retro Purple Harbor Small Dirty shoes (color B, Size 37)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools WeiPoot Women's Pull On Kitten Heels Pu Solid Ankle High Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten Heels Nappa Solid Buckle Open Toe Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Willie Marlow Fashion Women Pumps Patent Leather Mary Jane Square Thick Heels Buckle Strap Casual shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Wallhewb Women's Sexy Pointed Toe Side Zipper Stiletto High Heel Short Boots Leather to Wear with Dress Fashion Spring Joker Synthetic Ankle Boots Comfortable Easy to Match Black 8.5 M US Short Boots (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Ipdterty Wear-Resistant Sports Sneaker Purple Boston Terrier Puppy Women Cool Running shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Wedopus MW480 Women's Pointy Toe Ballet Flat Satin Wedding shoes for BrideDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist