If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Btrada Women Winter Round Toe Snow Boots Fur Lining Lace-Up Behind Antiskid Flat Outdoor Mid-Calf Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Btrada Winter Womens Lace-Up Ankle Boots Low Heel Flat Chelsea Oxford Boots shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new KNPS016T-House Slippers Arch Footbed Thick Sole Slipper with Cat at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Extreme By Eddie Marc Women's Peggy Basketweave Boot
- Summer shoes Thin Heel Pumps Sexy Crystal Elegant Flip Flop Slippers3172
- Gome-z Toe Wine Red Size 33 Unique Brand Medium Pumps Block Designer Women Luxury shoes Patent Leather High Heels 4 34
- Rockport Womens Total Motion Adelyn Laser Loafer Loafer Flat
- CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLOR PATCHWORK OX 102090F CANVAS SHOES
- Height Improving Tall Boot By 3 Inch For Mens Suede Leather, JWB517
- Sperry Top-Sider Women's Kingbird Boot Black
- Fila Men's Contingent Basketball shoes
- Men's Casual shoes Men's Pointed shoes Cricket shoes (color Navy bluee, Size 45)
- Front Mens Clarkson Chukka Boots
- XUE Men's shoes Leather Fall Winter Combat Boots Boots Mountaineer shoes Rubber Non-Slip High-Top Tread Anti-Slip,Wearproof Leather Leather Hiking Climbing
- Yellow La Sportiva Men's Miura Climbing shoes
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 Lv8 Sport - Black White Mens Style AJ7748-001 Size 8
- JOYBI Women Casual Closed Toe Slides Sandals Slippers Faux Leather Slip On Soft Moccasins Flats Driving Loafers
- ASO-SLING Women's Indoor Warm Fleece Slippers Ladies Girls Cartoon Winter Soft Cozy Booties Non-Slip Plush Slip-on shoes Ankle Boots
- Unm Women's Hot Gradient Patent Leather Low Cut Pointy Toe Dress Slip On Pumps Party Stiletto High Heels shoes
- Smart.A Women's Boots Flat Openwork Bare Boots Ladies Short Breathable Martin Boots
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Doves Green Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Meijunter Women Classic Crocodile Pattern Fish Mouth Super High Heels Platform Pumps shoes
- Summer Heeled Open-Toe Sandals Female Fine Round Head Buckle Strap Bow shoes XIAOQI
- ZETA SHOES Women's Shoulder Bag Made of Genuine Leather Studded MainApps
- Reinhar Popular Women's High Heel Peep Toe Open Toe Sandals Handmade Glitter Ankle T-Strap Zip Sequined shoes
- NJ Women Pointed Toe Slingback Pumps Mid Heel Slip On Satin Basic Office Dress shoes
- Bazaar New Eever Mens Sports shoes Whole Palm Cushion Running shoes
- T-JULY Women's Ankle Boots Waterproof Wedge Platform Slip on Winter Warm Snow Boots shoes Girls
- Merrell Mens Jungle Ayers Lace Moccasin
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel Zip Up Fashion Casual Handmade Ankle High Boots
- Savvy Women's Slip Resistant Nursing & Professional Slip On Clogs
- GENNIA Vieira. - Women Ankle Leather Boots with Kitten Heel
- Vans Unisex Adults’ U Authentic (Rainbow Tiger) Slippers
- BEFAiR Men's Lightweight Mesh shoes Stylish Comfort Casual Slip On Loafers Breathable Water shoes Walking Sneakers
- Grey GouuoHi Womens Slippers Ladies Casual Cotton Slippers Home Interior Warm Slippers Yellow Solid color Simple Style Super Soft Plush Comfortable Slippers
- Women Suede Pumps High Heels Sexy shoes Pointed Toe Thin Heel Ladies Wedding Metal
- RizaBina Women Summer High Heel Sandals
- F1rst Rate Women's Casual Adjustable Ankle Strap Open Toe Sandals Platform Wedge Sandals
- GanSouy Men's Black Leather Lace-Up shoes Wedding Formal Dress Oxfords Work Office Derby Red rivet High Heels Bridal Ballroom shoes
- Camper Adults First Order Men's Pelotas Ariel Low-Top Sneakers
- - FRETZ men Men's Loafer Flats Brown Cognac
- AmoonyFashion Womens High Heels PU Soft Material PU Solid Boots with Heighten Inside and Buckle, Pink, 7.5 B(M) US
- RegiDreae Canvas Slip On Sneakers for Women Animal Print Abstract Fashion Sneaker
- FORTUN Rain Boots Women's Waterproof Rubber shoes Water shoes
- Pin Up Couture Pinup Womens FLAPPER-40 RPFA Pump
- Skechers Girl's Skech-AIR JUMPAROUND Sneakers
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pu High-Heels Open-Toe Solid Buckle Sandals, BUTLT007447
- FLYSXP Spring Professional Women's shoes Black Leather Work shoes Stiletto Pointed Shallow Mouth High Heels Wild Single shoes 34-39 Yards Women's shoes (color Black, Size 5.5 US)
- First layer of leather round head thick fashion high heel boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Square Toe Cow Leather Kitten Heels Assorted colors Sandals with Bead
- Spring And Summer New Men's Oil-Proof Waterproof Non-Slip Rain Boots In The Tube Wear-Resistant Outdoor Fishing Waterproof Rain Boots
- Scott Hawaii Mens Miloli'i Flip Flop
- Badgley Mischka Womens Beauty Dress Sandal
- Lady Boots Women's Boots Warm Thick Heel Ankle Boots Autumn and Winter Warm Zipper Solid color Stylish Wild Martin Boots Ladies shoes Size 34-38
- shoes Breathable safety work, summer steel toe cap anti-piercing predective tooling, non-slip wear-resistant camouflage insulated safety, suitable for construction sites, welding ZDDAB
- Kalra Creations Men's Traditional Handmade Mojari Jutti Indian Casual shoes
- Skechers USA Men's Palen Senden Walking shoes
- Steve Madden Men's BREEZES-L Loafer, Tan Leather, 7.5
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Beautiful - Fashion Women's Fashion Dress Ankle Boots Square Toe Metallic Mid Heel Zipper Winter Chelsea Short Booties from CYBLING Women's Sequins Platform Square-Toe Casual Height Increasing Lace-Up Oxford shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Sanuk Womens Pair O Dice Wool Loafer Flat to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Large Size Women Pump shoes 11cm Stiletto Ankle Strap Sandals Dress shoes Open Toe D'Orsay Transparent Rivets OL Court shoes Roma shoes EU Size 34-43 of structured cabling, Daya by Zendaya Womens Kaylor Ankle Bootie, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Kamik Womens Snovalleyl Snow Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
SOUL Naturalizer Women's Christina Sandal, Black, 7.5 M USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Summer-lavender Chain Women shoes Zipper Square High Heel Ankle Boots for Women Punk shoes Platform Spring Autumn (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Owen Moll Women Pumps, Fashion Sweet Bowtie Platform High Heels Wedding Party shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Musse & Cloud Womens Kendal Flat illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Hoxekle Women Knee High Boots Chunky Heel Round Toe Side Zipper Long Ladies Sexy Simple Winter Riding shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide WeenFashion Women's High-top Zipper Frosted High-Heels Pointed Closed Toe Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- WeenFashion Women's Frosted Round Closed Toe Solid High-top Kitten-Heels Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- AmoonyFashion Women's Open Toe Spikes Stilettos Soft Material Solid Buckle Sandals
- AmoonyFashion Women's Cow Imitated Suede High Heels Open Toe Solid Buckle Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women Wedges Sandals Peep Toe Female Crystal Fashion Summer Rivet Hollow Breathable Party shoesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Stylish Pointed-Toe Women's Pump shoes (9)of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools colorful Bright Ostrich Feathers Trail Running shoes For Women size 7.5 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Bee Figure Cartoon Dolls Portrait Retro Running shoes Women size 6.5 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Top Shishang Women's Peep Toe Heeled Sandals Slingback High Heel Stiletto Pumps, Pink 7cm Open-Toe high-Heeled SandalsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Betsey Johnson Women's Sb-Gina Dress Sandal (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Phil Betty Women Flats shoes Fashion Soft Soles Square Toe Comfort Ballet Flats shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
New Fish Mouth Ultra high Heel Buckle Sandals fine with Floral Bag with Women's shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist