If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Hoohle Sports Womens Cute Grunge Rock Guitar with Skull Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Soft Road Running shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Hoohle Sports Womens Dolphin Mermaids Narwhals Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Breathable Fashion Sneakers shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Hoohle Sports Womens red Lip Decorations Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Cute Walking Jogging shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Cool grey, cool grey-white Nike - Air Jordan 10 Retro
- Women's Quick Drying Water shoes for Beach or Water Sports Lightweight Slip On Walking shoes
- My Favorite People Call Me Auntie Women'S Casual Canvas Sling Bag For School Work Bag
- FAAERD Women's Fashion Lightweight Volleyball Sneakers Woodland Animals Winter Mouse Cool Athletic shoes
- Davikey Women's Microfiber Solid Buckle Open Toe Kitten Heels Sandals
- Women High Heels Pointed Toe Pumps Style Butterfly Knot Party Dress shoes for Office Lady
- Womens Cute Cat Faces Funny Canvas shoes For Women
- Franco Sarto Womens KOLETTE Fashion Boot
- Women's Fashion PVC Rhinestone Stud Stiletto High Heel Sandals for Wedding, Evening Party, Prom
- Men's shoes Knit Leisure shoes blueetooth Led Light shoes Mobile Phone Control Light USB Charging Music Flash colorful Call Novelty Black Green bluee
- Sistars Women's Diamond Wedding Bridal shoes 14CM Prom Platform Pumps
- KAI-The slope with shoes _2017 summer drill sleeve toe sandals Korean tide flat slope with all-match fashion leisure shoes wholesale,silvery,Thirty-five
- Ecco Womens Intrinsic 3 Sneaker Fashion Sneaker
- Ryka Women's Resonant Nrg Cross-Trainer-shoes
- Havaianas Men's Brasil Mix Flip-Flop
- FRAU women's shoes low sandals 85N2 BUTTER gold
- Men's shoes Men's Leather shoes Fashion Business Dress shoes Lined Smart Wedding Lace up Work Evening Party shoes
- ELVIO ZANON Women's MCGLCAT000005071E Black Leather Heels
- Winware Side Perforated Lace Up - Black
- ASJUNQ Cross-Country Running shoes Sports Wear Non-Slip Waterproof,bluee-46
- Navy True Navy ECCO Womens Aspina Low Gore-tex Textile Hiking shoes
- Gcanwea Women's Cute Bowknot Buckle Ankle Strap Pointed Toe Kitten Heels Sandals Skinny Simple Breathable Comfortable Mid Heels Classic Sweet Casual Stylish Ladies White 8 M US Sandals
- Cofra 10010-006.W40 Size 40 S2 SRC Caligola Safety shoes - Black
- Adidas Men’s Munchen Fitness shoes
- Nike Mens Free Run 2018 Runing shoes Wolf Grey White Volt 942836-003 Size 6.5
- Rocket Dog ICEE Butter Womens Winter Snow Boots
- RizaBina Women Low Heel Pull On Snow Boots Collar Cuff Bowknot
- Edv0d2v266 Womens Running shoes Breathable Athletic Casual Sneakers for Sport Tennis Walking Gym
- Sperry Womens Crest Vibe CVO
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Panda in Polar Bear Team
- SEERTED Boat Anchor Chain and Rope Black Ladies Sneakers
- Candye Women Slippers Mules Elegant Pointed Toe Summer shoes Outdoor High Heels Slippers Black White Yellow
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pull-On Frosted Open-Toe High-Heels Solid Sandals, BUTLT007583
- CASSOCK Women's Ankle Boots Buckle Straps Party Winter Booties Snow Rain Botoy shoes
- Fred Perry - Men shoes B4231 200 Printed Laurel bluee - White, 11
- Cotswold Mens Woodchester Neoprene Lined Rain Boots
- Adidas Men Running shoes Duramo 8 Cloudfoam Training Work Out CP8746
- WLJSLLZYQ shoes Fashion Mosaic lace Casual Lok Fu shoes Korean Version of The Trend of Mens shoes
- Warm Taupe Vince Camuto Imagine Women's OYA Pump
- K-Swiss Women's Calabasas Tennis shoes
- Impo Womens Suki Open Toe Ankle Wrap Classic Pumps Black Size 7.5
- Justin Reece Mens Leather Brogue Boot Dealer Office Work Formal Welted shoes
- Bloch 570 Leather Amalgam Sneaker Size 7.5 UK in Pink
- Puma Men's Tishatsu Fresh Sneaker
- Zoot Men’s Herren Laufschuh M Solana 2 Running shoes, bluee
- Aquatalia Men's Damon Chelsea Boot
- Rocket Dog Womens Clarita Ipanema Cotton Sneaker
- AIYOUMEI Women's Fashion Pointed Toe Suede Kitten Heel with Rhinestones Comfortable and Breathable Pumps shoes
- Peerage Helena Women Wide Width Leather T-Strap Double Buckles High Heel Pumps (Size Measurement)
- NorthEsther 2019 Women 11.5cm High Heels Cross Strap Sandals Fe Green Transparent Neon s
- WeenFashion Women's Pull On Spikes Stilettos Imitated Suede Solid Round Closed Toe Pumps-shoes
- Qupid Womens Sawyer Faux Suede Chunky Heel Dress Sandals,Black,8.5
- WANGZHAO Women's Handbag, Satchel, Shoulder Bag, Bucket, Bag, Retro
- Hoxekle Women Closed Toe Wedges Platform Loafer Sandals Comfortable Breathable Slides High Heel Ladies Cutout Slippers
- Women Fashion Cute White shoes Girls Lace-up Casual shoes ( color White , Size 37 )
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This KENDALL + KYLIE Womens Reign Suede Textured Fashion Sneakers from Cape Robbin Moira-5 Women Flip Flop Faux Fuzzy Fur Slide Slip On Flat Sandal shoes Slipper Black was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Doris Fashion GS-L026p Women's Hollowed-out Glitter Rhinestones Wedge sandals Evening Wedding Heels to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women Stretch Faux Suede Boots Slim Flat Boots Over The Knee Boots Woman shoes Warm Winter Long Boots of structured cabling, Fashion Sequins Latin Dance shoes for Women,Modern Closed Toe Standard Dance shoes with Heel for Adult Ladies Girls Performance Training Daily Use, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Serpentine Leather High-Heeled Sandals Cross Straps Heels Block Party shoes, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
CASSOCK Women's Handmade Casual Flats Sandals Peep-Toe Back-to-School shoes Summer Fashion Flat shoes SilverAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting CASSOCK Womens High Heel Slingback Sandals Cut-Out Party Prom shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- WeenFashion Womens Round Toe Kitten Heels Soft Material Solid Boot with Checks, Black, 7.5 B(M) US
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Chocolat blue Women's Petra Flat illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Btrada Women's Wedge Increased Sneakers Lace-Up Lightweight Anti Slip Casual Outdoor Sports Running shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide ONCEFIRST Women's Mesh Breathable Hiking shoes Low Top Sneakers that may be of interest to your District including:
- AllhqFashion Women's Pointed Blend Materials Low-Top Solid Closed Toe Boots, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Gooding life Women Pumps High Heels High Heels Ladies shoes Elegant Valentine shoes
- Gedigits Women's Trendy Rhinestones Open Toe Platform Mid Heel Slide Sandals White 4.5 M US development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
OLIVIA K Women's Leather Lace up Mid Heel Ankle Boot BootieIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the AdeeSu Womens Pointed-Toe Chunky Heels No-Closure Suede Pumps shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Women Sandals 7.5cm Platform Wedges Women's shoes Thick Heel Peep Toe Leather Slide shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from WeiPoot Women's Closed Round Toe High-Heels PU Solid Above-The-Knee Boots, Black, 36 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Pointed Toe Slip-On shoes Gladiator Sandals Women High Heels Summer Flock Sexy Party Thin HeelsI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Womens Cute Cat Faces Comfortable Plimsolls Women (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Skechers Women's Millennial Visionary Fashion Sneakers Black Multi, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
DecoStain Women's Elegant Peep Toe Slip-on High Chunky Heels Daily School Pumps shoesDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist