If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s 2018 Men's Oxfords Flat Heel Solid color Lace up PU Leather Formal shoes (color Brass, Size 44 EU) (color Brass, Size 45 EU) allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Xue Men's shoes,Winter Snow shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Lazy shoes Leather Moccasins,Casual Travel,Comfort Walking shoes Warm shoes,Home,Office,A,43, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Adidas Men's Copa Tango 17.2 Tr for Soccer Training shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Black Grey Two White adidas Originals Men's
- Tswsq Roman Sandals Lady's shoes Summer Beach Loafers Flip Flops Plus Size Flats New Black
- Women's Comfort Faux Fur Lined Micro Suede Memory Foam Slippers Non Skid House shoes
- 1TO9 Girls Metalornament Solid Red Polyurethane Sandals - 4.5 B(M) US
- Sernfinjdr Women's colord Dabbing Unicorn Fashion Casual Canvas Slip on shoes Designer Cycling Sneaker shoes
- Purple Bouquet Hydrangea Stripe Women's Lightweight Mesh Running Sneakers Navy Sports shoes
- Seychelles Womens Lantern Ankle Bootie
- QPGGP-Women's shoes Korean Version of Sweet Fine-Heeled Super-high-Heeled, Shallow-mouthed, Pointed Suede Butterfly-Knotted Women's Single shoes
- Aravon Women's Yolanda Slip-On Flat
- Men's Leather shoes Breathable Leather Oxford shoes Business Casual Men's shoes Brown Dress shoes
- JOE N JOYCE London SynSoft Soft-Footbed Sandals Leo
- Spring Step Womens Awow Heeled Sandal
- Hush Puppies Women's Dagmar shoes
- Saucony Women's Jazz Original Vintage Sneakers
- Bar III Women's Verna Sandals
- Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Womens Cosmo Heeled Sandal
- T-JULY Intention Fashion Women Over-The-Knee Boots Female Fashion Platform Round Toe Thin Heels Boots Black Brown shoes
- Marc Fisher LTD Womens MENA
- AUGAUST Sandals Unisex Couple Style Suitable for Outing Holiday Camping Slip Wearable Home Can Also Be Multifunctional
- Nike Unisex Adults’ Mercurial Superfly Vi Academy Mg Fitness shoes
- Anthracite Beach Glass Silver Brooks Women's Ghost 11 Running shoes
- Peony red Size 35-40 2019 New Summer Sandals Women Flat Heels Comfortable shoes for Women Hook & Loop Female Leisure Platform Footwear
- Converse Unisex Adults' 159533 Chuck Taylor All Star Trainers
- Asics Mens Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81 shoes in Charcoal Black, 5.5 UK, Charcoal Black
- Dunham Men's James-dun Chelsea Boot
- Teva Winsted S Women's Walking Sandals
- AIYOUMEI Women's Pointed Toe Pumps Block Low Heel shoes Slip on
- Daniig Leather Pink Black White Mix color Pointed Toe Thin High Heels shoes Summer Cut-Outs Wedding Female Simple Women's Pumps
- Lewis Pitman Women Lace Hollow Gladiator Wedges shoes Slides Peep Toe Hook & Loop Solid Lady Casual
- Nine West Womens Valorie Pony Platform Pump
- T-JULY Winter Female Large Size Short Tube Warm Ladies Flat Heel and Ankle Boots Korean Snow Boots
- Women's Flat Sandals Flip Flops Summer shoes Open Toe Rivet Bowknot T-Strap Ankle Buckle Casual shoes for Walking Vacation
- BalaMasa Womens Heighten Inside Pull-On Suede Boots
- Arcopedico Womens Leina Synthetic shoes
- Haiyao Versatile ，Wind of Engld,Leather, the Student
- blueEYE QYH Ins Popular Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style OX Leather Crocodile Texture
- Adidas Originals Stan Smith Sock Mens Leather Sneakers shoes
- Men's shoes Fall Winter Retro Formal shoes Casual Lace-Up Leather shoes Outdoor Trekking Hiking shoes,B,46
- Black Nbpu Cambridge Select Women's Classic Open Toe Ankle Strap Stiletto High Heel Sandal
- Ted Baker Women's Alifair Text AF Pump
- Fly Loundon Womens Martile Suede Almond Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots
- Men's Outdoor Beach Sandals And Slippers Daily Casual Leather Hollow Head Hand-stitched Hole Men's shoes XIAOQI
- GLSHI Mens Casual shoes Lace-up Deck shoes Flat Loafers Outdoor Exercise Sneakers Running shoes Driving shoes Office
- Mizuno Men's Wave Intense Tour Ac Tennis shoes
- Cover Plus 2 color Fashion Leather Casual Dress Pointed Toe Mens Slip On Loafers shoes
- Multicolour (Vapgoldus Grey Peacoat 9058) Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Adults' Mexico 66 Running shoes
- JQfashion Women's High-Heeled shoes High Waterproof Table Sexy Night Club 16Cm Silk Satin Fabric Spring and Autumn
- T-JULY Women High Heels shoes Summer Casual Solid Block Heels shoes Woman Platform Sandals Sexy Peep Toe Sandals
- Beautiful - Fashion Women's Pointed Toe Loafer Pump Bow Platform Chunky Mid Heel Fashion Uniform Dress Oxfords shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Structured Solid Boots Urethane Boots MNS02768
- Style & Co. Womens Warrenn Fabric Almond Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- Marwar Women Crossbody Leather Bag Big Women Shoulder Bags Luxury Women Messenger Bags
- FidgetFidget Harajuku Girls My littlPony High Top Sport shoes Loli Student Casual Sneakers
- Women Mesh Breathable Splice Casual Sport shoes Female Flat Lace Up Winter Spring Fashion Sneakers
- MsMushroom Woman's Genuine Leather Ballroom Dance shoes 4 Heel
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Men's shoe Loafers shoes Driving shoe Loafers & Slip-One Business shoe Leather Round toe shoe Formal Business work Comfortable Fashion Soft,Brown,41 from Casual Quality Genuine Leather Male Sandals For Men shoes Adult Comfortable Breathable Designer Non-Slip Sandal was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Brunswick Mens Frenzy Static Bowling shoes- Black Grey Wide to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Mil-Tec Black Squad shoes UK Size 4 (Euro 38) of structured cabling, Mens Amblers Steel FS199 Safety S1-P Boot Black 14, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Black Hammer Mens Leather Safety Waterproof Boots S3 SRC Steel Toe Cap Work shoes Ankle Leather 7777, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Adidas Men's X_PLR Sneaker Low NeckAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Adidas Originals Superstar Mens Trainers Sneakers shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Oregon Yukon II Size 9.5 44 Chainsaw Safety Boots
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Clarks Men's Slip-On Loafer Flats shoes Astute Drop Black Leather illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Carved Retro Men shoes British Wind Lace Pointed Male shoes Business Casual shoes runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Fred Perry Men's Spencer Canvas Suede Sneaker that may be of interest to your District including:
- T.U.K. TUK A6092 Men's shoes Black and White Leather 2-Ring Creeper Sneaker Original, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- NIKE New Men's Mercurial Vortex II FG Soccer Cleat purplec Black 11
- Geox Men's U Nebula F Slip On Trainers development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Adidas Men's Sam Super Suede Fitness shoes, UK 8 EU 42 US 8.5, bluee (Navy Running White Footwear)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Adidas Originals X Jeremy Scott P Sole Trainersof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Bata Industrials Europe 7066736500 Safety shoes, Bickz 733 ESD, S3, EVA Rubber describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from NIKE LegendX 7 Academy 10R IC Indoor Court Soccer shoes provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Josef Seibel Anvers 35, Men’s Warm-Lined Short-Shaft Boots and BooteesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Rockport Men's Colle Tie Sneaker (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Reebok Classics Mens Classic Leather R12 Trainers in White, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Kenneth Cole New York Men's Bailey Jogger B SneakerDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist