If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s XLGJSX Water shoes Wading shoes Fishing Summer Water Sneakers Breathable Mens Mesh Hiking Trainers Large Size 39-47 Outdoor Barefoot Water shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Summer Sneakers Men's Sport shoes, Men's Athletic Student, Fashion Trend Korean Version shoes, Men's Wild Walking shoes, Running Sneakers (color B, Size 44) (color C, Size 44), Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Saucony Men's Kinvara 9 Running shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - MIU MIU Women's 5I9610XTPF0236 Beige Suede Pumps
- Abby Womens Unique Wedding Bride Bridesmaid Party Show Dress Shiny Kitten Heel Leather Sandals
- Nafanio Cute Winter Women Slippers Plush Female Ladies Cotton Women Winter shoes House Animals Warm Indoor Home Flats
- Women's Pretty Pumps shoes with Bows - Square Toe Low Cut Slip On - Simple Chunky Middle Heels
- Minishion Womens Square Toe Satin Evening Party Bridal Wedding Crystal Slingback Pumps
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Pumps Female Classic OL High Heel shoes Pointed Toe Stiletto
- Owaheson Cushioning Sneaker Trail Running shoes Mens Womens Dominica Flag
- Women Sandals Casual Platform Cow Leather + pu All Match Summer Women shoes Round Toe Women Sandals
- Mizuno Men's Wave Hayate 3 Trail Running shoes
- Cole Haan Men's 2. Zerogrand Stitchlite Ox
- MSMAX Women's Slip on Leather Jazz shoes
- Saucony Kineta Relay Athletic Women's shoes Size Black
- High Heel Ankle Boots, Thick with Short Boots Side Zipper Pointed Low Boots Waterproof Platform Non-Slip Martin shoes Women's Knight shoes
- Buffalo Womens Modern Biker Boots AquaSky
- Elegant Footwear Women's Floral Peep Toe Faux Suede Dress Platform High Heel Pump Fashion shoes
- Itasca Men's Neo Hunting Size Ankle Boot
- Nike Mens Air Max Prime SL Red Grey - Size 10
- Lacoste Misano 118 1 U
- Women's Fashion shoes Fish Mouth with High-Heeled Knee Boots Thigh Boots Metal Flanging(Heel Height 11-13cm)
- ZHRUI Mens Breathable Light Safety shoes Steel Toe Puncture Resistant Work shoes (color bluee, Size UK 5.5)
- Black&Beige Heels Addict's Women’s shoes Peep-Toe Patent Leather Sling-Back Wedge Heeled Platform Sandals
- Gola Men's Harrier Suede CMA 192 Low-Top Sneakers
- Boxfresh Men's's Barkow Sh CNVS STL Gry Loafers
- Lowa Men's Innox Evo GTX Lo Hiking Boots
- Diesel Men's V S-Spaark Mid Fashion Sneaker
- LUOBM LED Lighting shoes High Help gold and Silver USB Charging colorful Couple shoes
- DETAIWIN Women's Slip On Loafers Leather Pointed Toe Elegant Simple Style Low Heel Comfort Driving Walking Moccasins
- Sam Carle Women's Pumps，High Thin Heel Simple Fashion Sexy Red White Nightclub shoes
- Sernfinjdr Women's Halloween Ghost Doodle Pattern Fashion Casual Canvas Slip on shoes Stylish Cycling Sneakers
- Geometric Pineapple Pattern Women's Lightweight Mesh Sneaker Climbing Sports shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Round Closed Toe High Top Spikes Stilettos Solid Frosted Boots
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pointed-Toe Buckle Cow Leather Solid Low-Heels Sandals
- Women's shoes PU(Polyurethane) Spring & Summer Fashion Boots Boots Low Heel Round Toe Knee High Boots Party & Evening,C,US11.5 EU43 UK9.5 CN45
- WeenFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Soft Material Solid Buckle Open Toe Sandals with Crystals
- MMJULY Women's Pointed Toe Floral Lace Stiletto High Heel Bridal Party Dress Pumps
- JARLIF Women's Light Weight Athletic Walking Sneakers Breathable Casual Tennis Running shoes US5.5-9
- BalaMasa Womens Ankle-High Jewels Ruched Chunky Heels Suede Boots ABL10676
- Geox Hallson, Boot for Men
- shoesmaker's heart New Ladies' Fashion Sandals Sexy Black Back High Heels Buckle
- Ladies Booties, Pointed Fall Winter Lace Up High Heels Ankle Boots Woman Side Zipper Caramel Colour Thick High Heel Leather Martin Boots (color B, Size 35)
- Mephisto Womens Francesca Dress Sandal
- ZHRUI Men Basketball shoes High Top Sport Air Mesh Breathable Cushion Sneakers Outdoor Athletic Ankle Male Boots Trainers (color Black gold, Size 7=41 EU)
- RJNSPx Leather shoes Men's leather shoes two layers of leather,gentleman business mens dress shoes (color Brown, Size 8.5 UK)
- Junior Nike Air Max 1 Fb (gs) Strike Green Black White Trainers 705393 300 UK 4.5 EUR 37.5 US 5Y
- Calden Men's Invisible Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Leather Lace-up Lightweight Formal Oxfords - 4 Inches Taller - K59510
- C Men's shoes, Leather Spring Fall Loafers & Slip-Ons For Party & Evening Party & Evening Outdoor Office & Career Driving shoes (color A, Size 42)
- Almond Rockport Cobb Hill Women's Paulette Flat
- JQfashion Ladies'High-Heeled Sandals with Hollow Sexy Straps and Pointed Heels of Roman shoes
- Sanuk Womens Yoga Salty Flip-Flop
- Nerefy 2018 Summer Hot Fashion Female Sandals with Crystal Buckle Flat Casual Dress Women Flats
- Caprice - Ankle Boots 25411-992541121222
- AllhqFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Soft Material Ankle-high Solid Boots
- Skechers Women's GO Step Solution Slip On
- Elsa Wilcox Women Buckled Straps Side Zipper Round Toe Riding Snow Boots Winter Faux Fur Combat Waterproof Boots
- Impo Womens Noria Pointed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Nike Men's Reax 8 Tr Mesh Cross Trainers from Men'S Leather shoes, Breathable Casual shoes,Wild Slip On Flat Loafers,2019 New Deck shoes Beanie shoes,b,45 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a greyport Men’s Low Trainers bluee to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Men's shoes Leather Spring Autumn Fashion Boots Business shoes Formal shoes Pointed Toe shoes Black Brown Wedding Party & Evening (color Black, Size 44) of structured cabling, ALDO Men's THOAVIA Sneaker, Black Leather, 7 D US, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Men's Hiking shoes Non-slip Mountaineering Safety shoes, Mens Baotou, Anti-smashing, Puncture-proof Work shoes, Anti-static Insulating shoes (color Bronze, Size 37), and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Kenneth Cole New York Men's Engle Slip on LoaferAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Easy Go Shopping Men's shoes, Breathable Sports shoes, Men's Leather Mesh shoes, Cricket shoes (color bluee, Size 42) (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Camel active Men's Explorer 11 Ankle Strap Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This YAXUAN shoes Men's Comfortable shoes, Autumn and Winter New Sports shoes Mens Fashion Casual shoes Leather Breathable shoes (color B, Size 43) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Tiebao Outdoor Road Cycling shoes Professional Bike shoes Triple Straps Compatible with SPD,SPD-SL, Look-KEO Cleat runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide HCMONSTER sports shoes Black White High Top Sock shoes Men Plus Slip On Casual Men shoes Fashion Stretch Non-Slip Loafers Men that may be of interest to your District including:
- Diadora Men's Referee TF 2 Soccer shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Daniel Hechter Men's's 811210014000 Derbys Brown
- JR JIMENEZ Men's Lace-Up Flats development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Guess shoes Damon - FMDAM4 LEA13 Damon - 43(EU)If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Altra AFM1838F Men's Duo Road Running shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools New Balance Men's Summit Unknown Trail Running shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Steve Madden Men's GRAFT Loafer, Cognac Leather, 11.5 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Puma Men's Basket Bball Indoor Court shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Festnight Men Hiking Boots Lightweight Breathable Waterproof Outdoor Backpacking Climbing Hiking shoes Boots (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by WLFHM Patent Leather shoes Men's British Business Dress shoes shoes Wedding shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Adidas Adizero High Jump Track and Field Spikes - SS16Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist