If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s FH Youth Men's shoes Casual shoes Wild shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Fila Men's Amare Running shoes Black, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Ass-Schuhfabriken, Seibel GmbH Men's 44703 869 330 Fashion Sandals at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- MMJULY Women's Open Toe Ankle Strap Fluffy Feather Stiletto High Heel Dress Sandal
- T-JULY Ladies Boots Winter shoes Girls Snow Boots Beauty Plush Warm Zip Ankle Boots for Women Bota
- Sperry Women's Seacoast Waxy Canvas Loafers Grey
- 2 Lips Too Womens Too Humble Wedge Sandal
- Skechers Womens Woodland Winter Boot
- Men's Snow Boots Winter High Top Men Super Warm Genuine Fur Military Fur Boot for Men shoes Large Size：38-45
- Nike Dual fusion BB NBK 536846-008
- Jeffrey Campbell Womens Poker Chelsea Boot
- KMJBS Men'S shoes Casual shoes Low Summer Men'S Single shoes Light Wear-Resistant Breathable Nets Sports
- Salabobo QYY-308 New Mens Leather Leisure Cozy Charming Comfy Smart Athletic Sports Running Basketball shoes
- Steve Madden Men's Vance Oxford
- DC Mens Pure Se Navy Red shoes Size
- Yellow LIUshoes L&L Women's mid Heel Increased Slope with Thicker Female Boots Snow Boots
- Klub Nico Women's Asia Dress Sandal
- Neil M Men's Wynne Oxford
- Respeedime Sandals for Women Summer Flat Sandals T Strap Beach Buckle shoes
- Skechers Women's GO Step LITE - Agile shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Blend Materials Pointed Closed toe High-heels Solid Boots
- Robert Westbrook Flat shoes for Women Women Flat Platform Loafers shoes Women Leather Casual Platform shoes for Ladies Flats shoes Women 2528
- York Zhu Women Pumps, Concise Buckle Strap Square Toe Square Heel Office shoes
- Tebapi Womens Low-Heeled Sandal shoes Small Square Head Slippers Thick with Square Head Lazy Slippers
- VIMISAOI Women's Comfortable Hidden Heel Wedges Fur Lined Lace up Flat Ankle Boots Winter shoes
- T-JULY Women's Winter Round Toe Keep Warm Comfortable Boots shoes Ladies Flat Black Brown Fashion Mid Calf Boots
- shoes - Thick with Nubuck Leather Low Heel Boots Winter Non-Slip Warm Snow 35-43 Women's Boots
- Olivia and Jaymes Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Booties Lace Up Side Zipper Pencil Stiletto Heel Boots
- 361 Mens Bio-Speed-m Cross-Trainer shoes
- MUMUWU Men's Leisure Retro Oxford British Style Low-top Classic Carving Lace Brogue shoes Semi Formal (color Black, Size 8.5 D(M) US)
- CAMELSPORTS Men's Sport Running shoes Air Cushion Casual Sneakers Athletic shoes bluee 9
- Base London Mens Turner Leather shoes
- Frye Women's Natalie Short Engineer Lug Engineer Boots
- Black Nubuck Mephisto Women's Helen Thong Sandal
- JOYBI Women's Block Heel Sandals Rhinestone Peep Toe Back Zipper Hollow Ankle Strap Gemstone Mid Heel Sandal
- JHHXW Sneakers leather tide shoes men casual shoes trend running shoes
- FuweiEncore 2018 Women's and Men's Outdoor Sport shoes Lace up Casual shoes (color Black, Size 35 EU) (color Black, Size 42 EU)
- Rockport Men's Wayde Mudguard Oxford Fashion Sneaker
- Lemaitre 124035 Size 35 S1 ESD Dragster Safety shoes
- STACY ADAMS Madison HI Anaconda Men's Boot
- Msanlixian Hollow Out Gladiator Sandals Women Clip Toe Bling Decorate Leisure shoes Flipflop
- ANGERT& hot Sexy Sandals Women Party Wedding shoes Super high Heels peep Toe String Strap Square Heels shoes Ladies shoes 34-48 Pink 3211 14
- Natural Soul Women's Daya Pump Sandal
- F1rst Rate Womens Multi Straps Stiletto High Heel Pump Pointy Open Toe Ankle Strap Sandals
- Transparent PVC Women Pumps Sandals high Heels Point Toe Shallow Party shoes
- Like Yy Number Eight Unisex's shoes
- Riverberry Women's Ruby Round Toe, Kitten Low Height Pump Heels
- ROMIKA Women's Florida 05 Wedge Sandal
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Funtasma PIRATE-100 - Halloween costume shoes carnival, Funtasma M (43-44) from Men's Leather Snow Boots Safety Non-Slip Work Boots was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Y-H Men's Casual shoes, Spring Fall Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes, Formal Business shoes, Flat Slip-Ons Driving shoes,Black,43 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Autumn Men's Casual Leather shoes Leather Youth Lace Up Men's shoes Fashion England Breathable shoes of structured cabling, Xposed New Mens 2 Tone Brushed Brown Real Leather Vintage Smart Formal Wingtip Brogue Lace up Derby shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, IGI&CO black Scarpa men Stringata Bassa 2120800, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Cole Haan Men's Pinch Grand Casual Penny LoaferAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Onitsuka Tiger Asics - Mens Teikyu OG CV; Vegan shoes in Olive Olive (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Outdoor Walking shoes, Summer Sneakers, Breathable Casual shoes, Soft, Mens Trainers, Comfortable Walking shoes, Korean Fashion shoes (color One, Size 41) (color B, Size 41)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This MHGAO First layer of leather men 's shoes daily leisure shoes breathable hollow business shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Dolomite Boots Men's Gardena WP runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
- Frau 73B3 Brown Pepper shoes Men Booties Beatles Suede Elastic, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Zxcer Men's Leather shoes Men's British Nightclub Barber shoes Men's Pointed Leather Men's shoes
- Dune Men's's Bennett 1 Derbys development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
FHCGMX Autumn Fashion Male Canvas Boots For Men Casual shoes Adult Walking Sneakers Comfortable Designer FootwearIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the TYX-SS Casual shoes Large Size Men'S shoes Leather Trend Korean Lazy shoes Driving shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Mens Outdoor Mountaineering High Top Military Army Combat Boots Desert Lace Up Leather shoes Comfortable Breathable Footwear describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Clarks Mens Kele Lotus Brown Sandals 6 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Adidas Men's Alphabounce Instinct Cc M Running shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Altra AFM1838F Men's Duo Road Running shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by ID Men's Casual Suede Strap Sneakers with Comfortable Rubber Sole, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Dundun-shoes Mens Black Brown Business Oxford for Men Formal shoes Lace Up Style Comfortable Low-top Round Toe FashionDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist