If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s SplendidHome Womens pinklie II Ankle Boot allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Frye Women's Emma Wedge Short Fashion Boot, red Clay, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Antelope Women's 726 Leather Peek a Boo Center at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Satin Black fereshte Women's D'Orsay Dress Pumps Pointy Toe Stiletto High Heels with Bowknot
- WYMBS Women's Keep Warm Snow Boots Round Head Flat Suede Student Short Boots,Black,38
- Zen Komfort by Klogs Women's Temple Casual Mary Janes
- AN Womens Leopard Bows Urethane Pumps shoes DGU00743
- Summer Heeled Sandal for Women Open Toe Fish Mouth Dress shoes Ankle Strap Pump Crude Heel
- Houfeoans Women Sandals Wedges Open Toe Ankle Strap Women Summer shoes Sexy Ornate Footwear
- Charles by Charles David Womens Steeler Gladiator Sandal
- Lalige Flowers Women Fashion Canvas Slip-on Sneakers
- T-JULY Women String Bead Beach Flowers Flip Flops Slippers Summer High Heels Platform Slides Wedges Sandals
- ZAPATILLA MUNICH BARRU 09 YELLOW
- Naturalizer Womens Reilly Espadrille Sandal
- Ecco Elaine Chukka Boot Red
- Piquadro iPad Air Shoulder Pocket Bag with Pocket For MP3 Player, Black, One Size
- Nine West Womens Spruce Fabric Ballet Flat
- Ryka Womens Nalu Running shoes
- ISOTONER Women's Classic Satin Ballerina Slipper (Small - 5-6, Bling Stone)
- Nine West Womens Speakup Flat
- Hush Puppies Women's Pynical Rhea Wedge Boot
- DANDANJIE Men's Leather shoes shoes British Style Lace-up Casual shoes 2018 Spring New Business shoes
- ZHRUI Men Boots Lace Up Winter with Fur Leather shoes Men Casual Warm Rubber Ankle Snow Sneakers (color Black Fur, Size 10 UK)
- PURPLE PINK Brooks Women's Ghost 11 Running shoes
- JQfashion Pointed Toe Pumps Women shoes Simple Buckle Summer shoes Elegant Party Wedding shoes High Heels shoes Large Size
- Adidas Men's Tubular Doom Primeknit S80103 Boots
- Men Leather shoes Oxford Cowboy Pointed Metal Toe Loafers bluee shoes Smart Wedding Evening Party Dress
- TCG Men's Premium shoes Logan All Leather High Top Laces Sneaker
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens How Laser Flat Espadrille with Elastic Straps Espadrille Wedge Sandal
- Ankle Strap Flat Sandals Open Toe Flat Sandals Fringe Cross-Tied Women Style Sandals
- THBM Women's Platform shoes Suede Cow Leather Slip On Loafers Fashion Sneakers
- AllhqFashion Women's Low Heels Solid Buckle Split Toe Sandals
- AllhqFashion Women's High Heels Solid Round Closed Toe Soft Material Chains Boots
- Lusam feeling Women's Lightweight Mesh Sport Running shoes
- Word Buckle Patent Leather Commuter Metal Buckle Pointed shoes Spring Fine with Fashion High Heels Women's shoes
- Women Pointed Toe Pearl Mules Slingback High Heels Slides Shallow Sandals Runway Mature Ladies Slippers
- Webb Perkin Women Super High Heel Pointed Toe Zipper shoes Elegant Party Boots Lady Knee High Boots
- CHENXD shoes, Men's Fashion Round Toe One Foot Pedal Oxford Casual Comfortable Cover Feet Workwear shoes
- Sport Sandals Sandals Velcro Outdoor Slippers Non-Slip Sports Sandals Breathable Casual Roman shoes Summer Men's Beach shoes (color Black, Size 8.5UK 10.5US)
- BONGZUO Chelsea High Oxford Boots, Men Real Leather Boots Warm European and American England Three Joints Formal Business Boots, YMX86-SX2
- SALOMON Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Runner, Black A1U8, 10.5 M US
- Black Leatherette Alrisco Women Leatherette Criss Cross Straps Motorcycle Chunky Heel Boot - IB30
- YRU Qozmo low key, hologram, silver
- Lowa Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
- Puma Men's Clyde colorblock 1 Ankle-High Fashion Sneaker
- GAOLIXIA Men's shoes Leather Summer Fall Moccasin Loafers & Slip-ONS for Casual Office & Career Black Brown Dark bluee Sizes 38-44
- Fila Men Sneakers Heritage Disruptor
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Buckle Up Buckle Up
- Nike Men's Air Zoom Structure 21 Fitness shoes
- Sexy Women Sandals Ladies shoes Woman High Heels Summer Sandals Female Buckle Strap 9cm
- Me Too Women's Farrah16 Ballet Flat
- Jedi fight back Men's and Women's Luminous Sports shoes Change in color,it is The Most of The Festival.
- Alerghrg Beach Sandals Flat shoes Roman Style Rhinestone Low Heel shoes F080
- Tiny Tropical Jungle Birds Parred Toucan Women's Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Hunting Gym shoes
- Adrianna Papell Women's Taryn Gunmetal Jimmy Net Wedge
- IGI & CO Loafers-shoes Womens Leather Grey
- Bohemen Vrouwen Flats Sandalen Borduren Rits Flats Sandalen Zomer Vakantie Schoenen
- Verescha Women's Evening Prom Pionted Toe Pearls Satin High Heels Wedding shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This SAS Womens Mystic Open Toe Casual Slingback Sandals, Black, Size 7.5 from Nira Rubens Woman's Cosmopolitan White Leather Sneaker with Silver Star was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Gentle Souls Women's Christa Open Toe Block to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Veja Women's Sneakers Bastille RIOBRANCO Arctic Natural of structured cabling, Desigual Women's 18WWVK84BLACK Black Viscose Dress, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Frye Women's Brielle Zip Bootie Ankle Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Scrub and Winter Models Boots Sexy Fashion Single with Women's shoes Winter Pointed Stiletto High Heel Rhinestones (color Black, Size 39)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Mephisto Womens Huleda Leather Black Sandals 7 US (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Irregular Choice Her Moiness Womens Other Fabric Flat (Less Than 0.5
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Vince Camuto Women's Rena Riding Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The IGI&CO - Igico 1177755 Dsc 11777 Bianco - DSC11777 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide MIZUTORI Japanese Geta Style Black & Shiny Sandals with White KAKISHIBU Pattern that may be of interest to your District including:
- Adidas Originals Women's NMD_R2 Grey Crystal White 9.5 B US B (M), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Caterpillar Womens Jace St Black Industrial Boot
- Antelope Women's 857 Leather Glad Wedge Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Hunter Boot Women's Refined Gloss Quilt Tall Rain BootIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Ash Women's A16329 Hello Stud Front Heel Blackof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Think Womens Julia - 81349 provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Georgia Men's 8 FLXpoint Waterproof Composite Toe Boot-G9644 BrownI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Rieker Womens D7310 Milla 04 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Lady Sport Casual Women's Sports shoes Ladies Breathable Net shoes Running Travel Outdoor Activities Universal Patchwork color Sneakers Size 35-39, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Hogan Pink Flat Sandal with Ankle Strap, Womens.Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist