If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s gold Cloud Women 6403 Genuine Leather Pointed Toe Boots allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Adidas EQT Support Adv Womens Style Cq2254-grey coral Cq2254 Size 8.5, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Genuine Leather Backpack Vintage Man Woman Made in Zeta MainApps at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Prada Women's 1S331GXW3F0002 Black Suede Espadrilles
- SaraIris Women's Open Toe Chunky High Heel Ankle Strap Fashion Daily Casual Sandals
- Summer-lavender Winter Women shoes Round Head Suede Wild Ankle Boots Solid color Martin Boots mid Heel Women Boots
- Kaloosh Women's Beatiful Nubuck Leather Thin High Heel Cross Strap Zipper Party Wedding Sandals
- Step n Style Indian Women shoes Slipper Handmade Flipflops Traditional Leather Juti DD1000 gold
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Traditional Red Black Tartan Plaid Pattern Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- SaraIris Women's Genuine Leather Platform Block Heel Lace up Knee High Boots
- Naly Women's Miya Mid Heel Crystal Bridal Bridesmaid Dresses shoes with Ankle Strap
- Liu guifang8.199 Summer Thick Heel Knee High Women Boots Square Toe Zipper Lace Footwear Antumn Fashion Boots 2019 Casual Ladies shoes
- Josef Seibel Men's Walt Oxford
- Ellie 6 Heel w Platform
- Women's Fashion Ultra High Heel Platform High Heel Open-Toe Sandals (color B, Size 7 US)
- ECCO Womens Incise Tailored Wing Tip Oxford Flat
- Auditions Womens Verona 2 Leather Closed Toe Ballet Flats
- Ollio Womens shoes Lace Ballet Breathable Flat
- Women's shoes, Simple Leather Ankle Boots, Autumn Winter New Thick Heel Ladies Boots, Red Versatile Comfortable Womens Booties (color Red, Size 36)
- Flexus by Spring Step Womens Ettie Ankle Boot
- Sigerson Morrison Women's Kira Over The Knee Boot
- The Legend of Zelda Sneakers Vintage Mens Outdoor Sport Sneakers Tennis shoes Walking Wild Athletic Training High-Top shoes shoes
- Mizuno Spark 3, Trainers shoes Mens, eclipse-greengecko-bright Gree (10.5 UK)
- Marine bluee Cole Haan Womens Zerogrand Quilted Sneaker Sneaker
- Loafers shoes Women Boat shoes Women Sneakers Breathable Mesh Flats shoes Casual
- PUMA Men's EL Ace Leather Handcrafted Classic Sneaker
- Vans U Old Skool, Unisex-Adult Trainers
- Adidas Originals NMD_R2 Mens Running Trainers Sneakers
- EIGKASL Printed Non-Slip Slipper Slides flip Flop Sandals AMG-Emblem-Black-Logo-Symbol-Summer Fashion for Womens
- Robert Reyna Fashion Woman Leather Women Flats 8 colors Buckle Loafers Slip On Women's Flat Plus Size
- Funtasma by Pleaser Women's Gogo-300 Boot Purple Stretch Polyurethane Size -9
- AllhqFashion Women's Assorted color High-Heels Round Closed Toe PU Pull-On Boots
- AdeeSu Womens Platform Fur Collar Wedges Heighten Inside Imitated Suede Boots SXC03366
- MET RXL Spring,Ladies Sneakers Leisure,Thick-Soled,Nude shoes Little White shoes
- RTBQ.F Fox Slides Hair Slippers Fluffy Fur Sliders Furry Summer Beach Sandal shoes for Ladies Indoor Outdoors
- Ladola Womens Lace-Up Wedges Outdoor Platform High-Heels Urethane Boots
- GUESS Womens Babyblue Leather Pointed Toe Slingback Classic Pumps
- Vans Sports shoes SK8-HI XH4DX3 Brown
- Betsey Johnson Womens Sb-sami Heeled Sandal
- Cotswold Grange Neoprene Mens Rubber Wellington Boots
- Thalia Sodi Womens Dulce Open Toe Special Occasion Ankle Strap Sandals gold
- Black Leather Clarks Women's Maypearl Ramie Ankle Boot
- Spring Step Women's Aellice Bootie color Bordeaux Premium Leather Bootie
- Women's Pikolinos, Myknos 1606 Wedge Sandals STONE 4 M
- Men's Boots Chelsea Boots Oxblood Safety Brogue Classic Booties Leather Business
- Bugatti Men's K34398 Ankle Boots
- PUMA Men's Red Bull Racing Wings Vulc Sneaker
- Easy Go Shopping Men's Driving shoes Casual Loafer Comfortable Perforated Flat Slip On Genuine Leather Upper Round Toe Cricket shoes
- Adidas Men NMD CS2 Primeknit (Black Carbon red Solid)
- KSOWE3KD Women's Mens Mesh Up Boat shoes Surfing Hawaii Beach Waves surfboard2 Cool Unisex Breathable shoes
- Can't be satisfied Women Slippers Winter Warm Soft Home Indoor Slippers Cartoon Flats Plus Size Women Slipper,Grey shoes,9.5
- Ladiamonddiva Sandals Women shoes Female Sandals Summer Wedges Women's Sandals Platform Lace Belt Bow Flip Flops Open Toe High-Heeled
- Hevego Sandalias Wide Air Cushion Sports Hiking Beach Sandals for Women
- AllhqFashion Women's Buckle Kitten Heels Pu Solid Round Closed Toe Boots
- Marc Fisher Womens Magali Heeled Sandal
- Gedigits Wedge Platform Sneakers shoes Woman Autumn Female Casual shoes Hided Wedge Student Fashion Sneaker Buckle Red Yellow pink Red 4 M US
- MET RXL Lady,Summer,Wedges,A Buckle Sandals Square Head,Muffins,Thick-Soled Sandals
- AllhqFashion Women's Closed-Toe Low-Heels Studded Buckle Sandals
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Black Apricot Flats Women shoes Ladies Dress Night Casual Mixed colors Shallow Autumn Pointed Toe Big Size 45 43 40 from PFMY.DG Women's Round Head Stiletto Sandals, Sardine Cloth Lace Comfortable Fashion shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a FASZQ shoes Woman High Heels Ladies shoes 12CM Heels Pumps Women shoes Black bluee Party Wedding shoes Stiletto to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust IGI & CO 2154844 Sneakers shoes Woman City Paint Bordeaux Made in of structured cabling, Pet By You Amazing English Mastiff 3D Printed Sneakers, Light Weight Sneakers for Women, Breathable Jogging Running Gym shoes, Women Sneakers - US Sizes 5-12., attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, MAISON MARGIELA MM6 Women's Leather & Canvas Ballet Flats shoes US 6 IT 37 Bright bluee, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
SOUL Naturalizer Women's Antigua Flat Sandal Black 5.5 M USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Women Sandals Cow Leather+PU Round Open-Toed Flat Heel Slingback, (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Crystal Sandals High Heel Waterproof Platform Fish Mouth Sandals,
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This GIY Women's Strappy Chunky High Heeled Sandals Block Heel Peep Toe Glitter Wedding Party Pump Dress Sandal illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Sperry Women's Seacoast Waxy Canvas Loafers Grey runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Crocs Women's Freesail Plush Lined Clog Mule that may be of interest to your District including:
- Soda Women's Mantis-S Chunk Heel Booties, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Skechers Womens D'Lites-Sure Thing Sneakers
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens Lost Look 2 Gladiator Sandal development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Skechers Mens Segment- Garnet BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Baretraps Womens Bt Rodin Ankle Bootieof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from T-JULY Winter Snow Boots Plush shoes Women Platform Wedge Boots Real Rabbit Fur Mid Calf Boots Bow High Heels Female Footwear provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Themost Ankle Boots for Women Cowboy Western Pointed Toe Boots Wedge Heel shoes Cowgirl Booties Mid Calf Combat BootI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Enzo Romeo cambria03 Women's Wide Width Glitter Pointy Toe Low Heeled Pointy Pumps Sandals shoes (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Delicious Women Leatherette Pointy Toe Open Shank Single Sole Stiletto Pump CG78 - bluee Leatherette, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
BalaMasa Womens Comfort Assorted colors Walking-shoes Leather Walking shoes ABM13652Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist