If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s White Mountain Womens Elinie Fabric Open Toe Casual Ankle, Sand Smooth, Size 9.5 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop bluee Olive Bags women Satchel Handle Bag, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Chunky heels women's shoes autumn leisure British wind deep women's shoes leather round commuter at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Acelik Grommet Curtains Red and Black Women Fashion Pattern with High Heel Stiletto shoes Ladies Footwear Hipster Patterned 72 W x 108 L Scarlet Black Beige
- Peony red 2019 Big Size 50 Women Gladiator Sandals peep Toe Buckle Summer shoes Lady high Heels Fashion Mules Woman Casual shoes
- Clarks Women's Brizo Cady Flat Sandal
- Joma Soccer shoes Artificial Grass Champion CHAW_811 Fluo Calcio Scarpa
- T-JULY Real Fur Mid Calf Women Boots Warm Winter Boots Comfy Block Heel shoes Ladies Leather Boots
- Women's shoes Spring Fall Lace-Up Small Leather shoes Bullock shoes Vintage Ladies shoes Low-Top Casual shoes,White,40
- Jones New York Women's Grace
- JHHXW Leather shoes patent leather bright leather pointed head men's leather shoes large size business dress shoes
- ZHRUI Men Formal shoes Casual Party Wedding Dress Leather Business Oxfords shoes (color bluee, Size 7=41 EU)
- NIKE Air Clipper 17 Mens 880261-415 Size 9.5
- QARYYQ Men's shoes Leather shoes Retro England Pointed Men's Wedding shoes Carved Men's shoes Leather Low To Help Large Business shoes 38-47 Yards Men's leather boots (color Yellow, Size 40 EU)
- Candy red Sam Edelman Women's Patti Fashion Sandals
- Nike air max 1 HYP Hyperfuse Mens Trainers 543213 100 Sneakers shoes
- Sweetypink Womens Bamboo Handbag Handmade Tote Summer Beach Bag
- KIKIVA Women Wedge Platform Pumps Slingback Pointed Toe Court shoes
- MVE shoes Women's Chunky Heel Open Toe Back Zipper Heeled Sandal
- BMTH Women Winter Female shoes Wedges Platform Snow Boots Thermal Cotton-Padded shoes Flat Ankle Boots
- Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Cute Cartoon Little Angels Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Minnetonka Women's Double Studded Moccasin Black
- Minkun Sports shoes Pumps shoes Casual Women's shoes Fashion Elegant shoes Breathable Comfortable shoes
- JaHGDU Women Flat Rhinestone Booties Middle Tube Suede Martin Boots shoes Zipper Boot Cosy Wild Tight Casual Super Elegant Leisure Quality for Womens
- Charles David Women's Ofilia Espadrille Sandal
- Chaco Women's Outcross Evo 1 Hiking shoes
- StickSeek Luxury Design Men's Derby Formal Dress Oxfords Crocodile Print Man Wingtip Brogue shoes
- J.Renee Womens Prattsi Pointed Toe Classic Pumps
- Nunn Bush Men's Strafford Woven Slip-On Loafer, Cognac, 13 M US
- Gentle Souls Women's Bay Braid Ballet Flat
- Reebok Aztrek - Women's White Navy Acid Pink Nylon Running shoes
- Giani Bernini Jileese Flats Dark Pewter 8.5M
- Zxcvb Men's Energy Cushioning Walking shoes Trail Running shoes Fashion Sneakers
- Zxcvb Men's Korean Style High Top Platform Fashion Sneaker Sports Casual shoes
- Chocolate(f) Ausland--Women's Half Snow Boots, with Water-Resistant Vamp, Thick Fur Lining and Lightweight Rubber Sole
- JOYBI Women's Wide Width Flat Sandals Open Toe Cross Straps Soft Durable Casual Comfy Sandal
- TAOFFEN Women's Mary Jane shoes Heels
- Marc Fisher Womens Neela 2 Closed Toe Over Knee Fashion Boots
- Worksite BLACK TERRAIN SAFETY BOOT SIZE 7 SS609SM 7
- GTYMFH Spring and Autumn Leather Men's shoes Men Fashion Leisure shoes Peas shoes Sets of Men's shoes
- Florsheim Postino Bike Toe Slip On Oxford Men's Oxford
- ALBERTO LA TORRE Flats-shoes Womens Snakeskin Black
- Rainbow Sandals Men's Single Layer Premier Leather
- Tebapi Womens High-Heeled Pumps shoes Sexy Stiletto Women's shoes 16cm High Heels Fashion Super High Heel shoes Waterproof Platform Single shoes
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Ankle Boots Stretch Lycra Patchwork Leather Autumn Winter Female high Heels
- Summer Women High Heel Slippers Casual Peep Toe Slip On Sandals Ladies Outdoor Patent Leather Footwear
- Vionic Womens Cozy Juniper Moc Toe Shearling Slipper shoes
- Superga Womens 2750 Nappaleau Sneaker
- Comfortable and beautiful ladies sandals Sandals Female Summer Buckle Pointed Rubber Sole High Heels
- LizForm Glitter Sandal Sweet Lady Dating Sandal Chunky Low Heel Slip On Sandal
- Men's Casual Flip-Flops Wear Outdoor Beach shoes in Summer
- Spring Step Women's Itilia Bootie color Brown Leather Bootie
- Onlymaker Women Shiny Metal Metallic 12cm Thin High Heel Pointed Toe Stiletto Pumps Plus Big Size shoes
- Nine West Women's Jujuja Dress Pump
- Rieker Men's 16501-00 Obermaterial Leder Derbys
- THE NORTH FACE Men's Edgewood 7-inch Hi-Top Trainers
- VITAL GEAR 2017VTGR6 Modular Bug Out Bag, Black, Men's M
- Easy Go Shopping Business Driving shoes Casual shoes, Leather Men's shoes, Cricket shoes (color Yellow brown, Size 44)
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This High Heels Women's sandals high Heel Shorts Summer Open Toe Word Buckle Flowers Women's shoes Will not be Tired Ladies sandals (color Black, Size 37) from Women's shoes Autumn and Winter Pointed Thick with Short Boots Female Leather European Stand Women's Boots high Heels Martin Boots (color A, Size 36) was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a ZETA SHOES Black Leather Studded Ankle Boots Low Heel Made MainApps to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust JaHGDU Lady Slippers Leisure Casual Female Daily Healthy Body Relax Improve Sleep Quality Foot Natural Stone Massage Soft Slippers of structured cabling, Autumn Winter Women's shoes Leather Comfortable Thick Heel Boots Single Boots Women's Martin Boots (color Black, Size 37), attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, MANSUVIL Women's Cowhide Single Shoulder Bag, Inclined Shoulder Bag, Chain Bag, Real Leather Bag purple, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Rich Fashion Black Shoulder Bag with Detachable Leather Dog PatchAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting WEST COAST Women's Knee High Riding Boots Lace Up Buckles Winter Combat Boots Tan 8.5 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Women's Alegria, Carina thong sandal PEWTER 3.7 M
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Lucky Brand Women's Falta (Black Grey 10.0 M) illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The AIWEIYi Womens Roman Style Lace up Stilettos High Heel Strappy Sandals Brown runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide shoes Female 2019 Summer New Korean Fashion Women's Sandals Thick with Open Toe Female European and American high Heels Wild Sandals,B,US7.5 EU38 UK5.5 CN38 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Sandals Women Transparent Clear PVC Outdoor Slippers Flat Heel Summer Fall Lambs Fur shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Fumak Lady shoes Waterproof Genuine Leather Snow Boots Natural Fur Winter Boots Warm Classic Women Boots
- Pet By You Amazing English Mastiff 3D Printed Sneakers, Light Weight Sneakers for Women, Breathable Jogging Running Gym shoes, Women Sneakers - US Sizes 5-12. development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
RHFDVGDS autumn and winter fashion Lady boots Sweet booties in Europe and America increased in thick-soled boots Casual wedgesIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the JunXian Pumps shoes Spring Autumn Pointed Toe V Cut Design Square Chunky high Heelsof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools YuJi Women Sandals Buckle Square High Heels shoes Mixed colors Open Toe Fashion Sandals,White,9.5 describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Ellie shoes Womens 181-huntress Chelsea Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Kenneth Cole REACTION Mens New LEM 1B SneakersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Tamarac by Slippers International Men's Utah Shearling Lined Indoor Outdoor Slipper (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by PUMA Women's Suede Platform Crushed GEM Running shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Adidas Womens Cosmic 2 SneakersDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist