If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Robert Clergerie Women's Kute Ankle Bootie allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Palladium Women's Pampa Puddle Lite Waterproof Boot Red 6 M US, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Bernardo Women's Parker Triangle T-Strap Sandal, White, 8.5 M US at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- White Lady Sandals Ladies Summer shoes Leather Fish Mouth Slope Casual Stylish Leisure Zipper Summer Outdoor Breathable Skeleton Women Sandals
- JUMPSTUDIOS Men's Leather Fashion Sneakers Lightweight Running shoes Breathable Walking shoes Women
- Cloudless Women's Fashion Platform Canvas High Top All Sneakers
- Danshuz Ankle Bootie Jazz shoes Black, Tan
- Kalra Creations Jutti Indian Handmade Leather Women shoes Mojari Flip-Flops
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women colorful Weed Marijuana Leaves
- Zarbrina Women High Top Wedge Sneakers Breathable Platform Denim Hidden Heel Increasing Height Causal shoes
- T-JULY Cross-Tied Summer Sandals Genuine Leather Elegant Casual Solid Buckle Strap Yellow Heels Square Toe Womens Sandals
- GIY Women's Close Toe Buckle Ankle Boots Retro Mid Heel Bootie Back Zip Up Studded Rhinestone Short Boot
- Adidas Men's Stan Smith Originals Casual shoes
- Plus Size Round Toe Snow Boots for Slip On Mid Calf Footwear Solid color Flat Low Heel Cuff Winter shoes
- Rome Sandals Women's Summer Ankle Straps Elegant High Heels 6CM ( color Yellow , Size 35 )
- Maciejka Women Flat Slipper red, (red-Kombi) 03915-08 00-5
- Saucony Mens S29041-4 Track shoes
- Nike FC247 Elastico pro II Mens Indoor Football Trainers 580455 Sneakers shoes
- High Heels, Pointed Shallow Mouth Sexy Single shoes Patent Leather Purple Party shoes (color Purple, Size 36)
- Ladies High Stiletto Heels Ankle Boots Pointed Super High Zip Short Boots Comfortable Slip Party Work Office Into Adult Boots
- Fretz Men Boris Mokka Gore-Tex
- JIAODANBO Sports shoes Black And White Classic Casual High-Top Sneakers Increased Socks Sports Men And Women shoes
- Y-H Men's Basketball shoes Pu Spring Fall New Comfortable Sneakers Tide Flow Student Running shoes Black Red Black And White Black And bluee (color C, Size 39)
- Brown Pu Cambridge Select Women's Chelsea Stretch Chunky Lug Sole Platform Block Heel Ankle Bootie
- LifeStride Women's Xena Riding Boot
- Lloyd Galdo, Men’s Derby Lace-Up
- [email protected] winter wear casual shoes leather men's outdoor shoes
- Alpinestars Men's 265401810-10.5 shoes (Black, Size 10.5)
- Artfaerie Womens Transparent High Heels Clear Sandals Stilettos Platform Sexy Summer shoes
- Chaqlin Womens Casual High Top Canvas shoes Stylish Galaxy Printed
- Pinup Couture Womens Bella-30 Pump
- WeiPoot Women's Soft Material Open Toe High Heels Buckle Assorted color Sandals
- Women Summer Pums, Female Sandals Open Toe Multi color Large Size Square High Heels
- Women's Slip On Pointed Toe Women's Vintage Shallow Mouth Toe Stiletto Low Kitten Mid Low Heel Pearl Belt Buckle Work Pumps Court shoes
- Sexy Pointed Toe PU Leopard Print Sandals Women's shoes Summer Peep Toe Sandals,Leopard Print,8
- Idomeo Women Autumn and Casual Snow Boots Outdoor Waterproof Warm shoes Snow Boots
- Woman Knee High Boots Zipper Low Square Heel Buckle Strap Winter Plush Warm Ladies Fashion Sexy Long Booots
- Women's shoes PU Spring Summer Pointed shoes Heels Stiletto Heel Wedding Party & Evening Dress Formal Business Work Black (color A, Size 34)
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Womens Tole-Tally Heeled Sandal
- B-52 by Bullboxer Mens Dysoto
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Sora High Heel Sandal
- Petal Trim ECCO Womens Vibration 1.0 Lace Oxford
- Onlymaker Women's Fashion High Wedge Heel Fashion Knee High Boots Handmade Wedding Party Dress shoes
- Sigerson Morrison Womens Dava Mule
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Autumn And Winter New Men'S Leather Boots High Tube Knight Boots Men'S Fashion Casual Men'S Boots Zipper
- Adidas Men's Pro Model Vintage D S75031 Boots
- Nunn Bush Men's 84678-410 Oxford, Navy Suede, 10 M US
- ASJUNQ Men's Casual shoes Cushion Cushioning Running shoes Wear,4-39EU
- Black (Black Anthracite) Geox Men's U Taiki B ABX a High Sneaker
- LZWSMGS Artificial PU Women's shoes PU Summer Open Toe Sandals Charming Plush High Heels T-Shaped Strap Belt shoes 35-40cm Ladies Sandals (color Yellow, Size 35)
- T-JULY Woman Flip Flops Open Toe Platform Slippers Woman Low Heel Slippers Beach Woman Footwear Owl Summer Slippers
- Gome-z Women Pumps Fashion Sexy Pointed Toe Sweet colorful Thin High Heels Woman shoes Nude Women's High-Heeled Ladies shoes
- Nature Breeze EG25 Women Suede Open Toe Gilly Tie Gladiator Wrap Sandal - Black
- Yellow Box Womens Boone Slide Sandal
- HUAN Women's Sandals PU Summer Flat Ladies Slippers & Flip-Flops Non-Slip Pregnant Women shoes
- Aerusi Saki Floral Comfortable Wear Sandal Flip Flops, Us Women's Size 7, Black, 2 Piece
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Back Summer Strap Square Heels Fashion Ladies Wedding Party shoes
- Women Thin High Heels Sandal Summer Shallow Ankle Buckle Wedding shoes Elegant Ladies Sandals
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This JaHGDU Ladies Dome Ceiling Mosquito Nets Fashionable Ceiling Anti Mosquito Nets Elegant Purple Pink Yellow Green from Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Hand Bag Ethnic Clutches Purse Shoulder Assorted for Ladies by Panchal Creation-83 was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Hand Bag Ethnic Clutches Purse Shoulder Assorted for Ladies by Panchal Creation-51 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Women's Naot, Pixie Mid Heel Sandals blueE 4.2 M of structured cabling, Naot Zinnia, Black Madras Leather, 41 (US Women's 10) M, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Aquatalia Women's Wanda Winter Boot, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Ariat Women's Darlin Work Boot, Naturally Dark Brown, 6.5 B USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Naturalizer Women's Kaz Round Toe Loafer, Black95, Size 7.0 (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Ros Hommerson Women's Nevaeh Black flats 9 M
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Sebago Women's Montauk Boat shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Vince Camuto Women's Leera Espadrille Wedge Sandal, tan, 9 Medium US runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Thalia Sodi Womens Areyana Open Toe Casual Platform Sandals, Cognac, Size 11.0 that may be of interest to your District including:
- Clorts Women's Outdoor Suede Leather Waterproof Hiking shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Stuart Weitzman Women's Soundtrack Sandals
- Myla Genuine Leather Womens Boutique Pedlock Top Handle Luxury Bag (White) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
AIWEIYi Womens Over the Knee Boots Thigh High Ridding Boots Suede Leather Fur Warm Stretch shoes BlackIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Vallegreen Naplak Leather shoes Woman Heel Black Patent Leather Made in of 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Bazaar Mountain Bike Bicycle shoes MTB Cycling shoes Sports shoes Sneakers describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Winter high Heel Women's Booties Leather Women's Boots Round Head Thick Martin Boots Bare Boots Tide (color Black, Size 34) provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Walking Cradles Women's, Sophia Mid Heel Pump BLACK 11 MI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its LAIGEDANZI Women's High Heels Wedding shoes Heel Purps Sexy Black Red Women's High Heels shoes Party (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Heelys Womens High Line (Little Kid Big Kid Adult), establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Ainemay Owl Clutches And Bags For Women Crystal Evening Handbags Smoky YellowDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist