If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-73 allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-100, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-24 at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - ELEVENTY Men's 979SR0188SCA27004100 Light bluee Cotton Sneakers
- Buckle with high Heels Thick with Women's shoes Open Toe Hollow Ladies Sandals
- Corkys Womens Moxey Slip-Ons Navy
- AmoonyFashion Women's Soft Material Low-Heels Buckle Open Toe Sandals with Floriation
- Excellent.c Round Toe high Heels Fashion Women's shoes Flower Stilettos
- Verescha Womens Leather Pointy Toe Stiletto High Heel Dress Pumps shoes with Buckle Decorations
- August Jim Womens Ballerina Ballet Flats shoes Black Red Cute Buckle Flat shoes
- T-JULY Cow Suede Women Gladiator Sandals Summer Wedge Platform Sandals Women Open Toe High Heel Casual shoes Sandal
- LZWSMGS Women's Open Toe Sandals High Heels Summer Ladies Breathable Roman Ankle High Heels High Heels Court shoes Office Work Occupation Ladies Sandals (color Brown, Size 34)
- Adidas Men's Pro Model Zero Basketball shoes
- XUERUI Spring Tide Fashion Sexy High Heels Round Head Wild shoes with A Single shoes (Size EU38 UK5.5 CN38)
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Kam Slip on Sneaker Sneaker
- Mens Nike Zoom All Out Low RED - Footwear Men's Footwear Men's Running shoes
- Mark Nason Mens Trinity Sneaker
- Jordan CP3.IX AE Mens 833909-603
- Teva Women's Terra-Float Stella Lux Sandal
- Nike womens internationalist running trainers 828407 sneakers shoes
- bluendstone Men's 1431 Chelsea Boot
- Men Casual Sports shoes Air Trainers Fitness Flats Running Athletic Competition Sneakers Breathable Knit Cushion Running shoes
- Y-H Men's Formal shoes PU spring Fall Lace Up Business shoes Casual shoes Wedding shoes Block Heel shoes Party & Evening (color A, Size 38)
- gold Lucy YSL Women's Classic Plain gold Chain Shoulder Bag (Made in France)
- Dendrobium 2019 Summer Plaid mesh Pointed Baotou Sandals Female Bow Flat shoes Women's Wild Slippers
- Merrell White Pine Mid Vent Mens Suede Leather Material Walking Boots Black Grey
- Camper Adults First Order Men's Pelotas Oxfords
- Columbia Montrail Men's Variant X.S.R. Trail Running shoes
- AicciAizzi Women Elegant Stiletto Sandls Zip
- pink town Summer Shallow Fish Mouth Solid Office Low Heel shoes Single shoes
- Fashion shoesbox Women's Western Lace Up Martin Ankle Boots Winter Casual Zipper Flat Low Heel Bootie Combat Short Boot
- Christmas Women Winter Snow Boots Waterproof Footwear Platform Thick Super High Knee Boots
- Little SU Women PVC Clear Double Strap Thin High Heels Open Toe Slip On Mule Dress Slippers
- Adidas Womens Ligra 6 Volleyball shoes
- San hojas Sandals of Peep Toe Wedge Heel Lace Surface Casual Summer Boot bluee
- AllhqFashion Women's Pull-On Closed-Toe Low-Heels Assorted color Sandals,FBULD014807
- T-JULY New Women Square High Heels Winter Ankle Boots Fashino Zip Flock Short Plush Solid Round Toe Basic shoes
- MIA Women's Bejewel Flat Thong Sandal
- AandN Womens Boots Closed-Toe Lace-Up Adjustable-Strap Low-Heel Warm Lining Toggle Road Manmade Smooth Leather Fashion Urethane Boots DKU01951
- Legero Women’s Tanaro Hi-Top Trainers
- Gabor Women Sandals White, (Weiss (Kork)) 82.776.50
- Bordeaux Franco Sarto Women's Kane Ankle Boot
- Totes Womens Elle Snow Boot (Available in Medium and Wide Width) Black
- Aerosoles Women& 39;s Martha Stewart Homerun bluee Leather 7.5 B US
- Water shoes,Aqua Man shoes Summer Swim Toe shoes Beach On-Surf Quick-Drying Rubber Non-Slip Yoga Gym Unisex Water Sport shoes
- @Sandals Summer New Style Slippers, Men Beach, Personality, Fashion Outdoor Flip Flops.
- Adidas Unisex Adults' Alphabounce Beyond Running shoes
- Wilson Rush EVO, Men’s Tennis
- SMYTHE & DIGBY Men's Spiked Studded Black Leather Loafers
- Biu-biu fashion-sneakers Breathable Leopard Casual Women Vulcanize shoes Lace Up Candy colors Ladies Canvas shoes
- Men's Cotton Cotton Slippers Warm Non-Slip Plush Home shoes Winter Cotton shoes Women (color D, Size EUR 36-37)
- AmoonyFashion Womens Closed Pointed Toe Mid Heel Patent Leather Micro Fiber Solid Mary Jane Pumps, White, 10 B(M) US
- Women's Summer Stiletto Heel Fashion Sandals High Heels Toe Ankle Party shoes Large Size 33-48
- Hoxekle Women Snow Boot Flat Lace Winter Warm Plush Fur Ankle Boots Black White Lace Up Casual Walking Short shoes
- YJiaJu Ballet Jazzy Dancing shoes,Genuine Leather Professional Jazz Dance Teachers's shoes for Women
- GOBY Women's shoes 'Girl & Cat Slip-On Espadrille' Memory Foam HSB1682
- InterestPrint Women's Lace Up Boots Purple Butterflies Canvas Martin Boots Combat Ankle Booties shoes
- AdeeSu Womens Dress Solid Bucket-Style Urethane Boots SXE04885
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Adidas Womens Tubular Defiant Black from KOS Women's Harry Bomber Sheepskin Boot was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Five Ten Camp Four Mid Women's (SKY blueE) US 9.5 to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Hand Bag Ethnic Clutches Purse Shoulder Assorted for Ladies by Panchal Creation-108 of structured cabling, Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Hand Bag Ethnic Clutches Purse Shoulder Assorted for Ladies by Panchal Creation-51, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Stuart Weitzman Womens Lockmoc Snakeskin Loafers Black Flats, shoes Size 5.5 M, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Brooks Women's Glycerin 16 Running shoes (BRK-120278 1B 4080990 9 (081) EBO GRN BLK)As summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Nurse Mates - Womens - Baylee White (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Tory Burch Women's Miller Fringe Sandal, Navy Sea (6)
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Aquatalia Women's Wanda Winter Boot illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The The Flexx Womens Zip It Sneaker runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide KOS Women's Alexia Tall Twin-Faced Australian Sheepskin Boot that may be of interest to your District including:
- Women's high Heel Sandals, Ladies high Heels - Stilettos - Open Toe - Sexy - Metal - Buckle Sandals - Super high Heel (8CM or More), held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- New Balance Women's Beacon V1 Fresh Foam Running shoes, Air bluee, 7 D US
- Twisted X Western Boots Womens All Around Lacer Oiled Saddle WAL0007 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Women's Pointed Boots Sexy Chelsea Boots Breathable Martin Boots Ankle Boots Roman Sandals ZipperIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Miz Mooz Womens SAVVY Fashion Bootof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from PFMY.DG Women's Tassel Sandals, Suede Fish Mouth Lace Stiletto shoes, Black Fashion provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Y.R.U. YRU Lala Platform Sneaker PinkI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Woman shoes Black Leather Studded Fringe Heels MainApps (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by AIWEIYi Womens Denim Skin Pointed Toe Stilettos High Heels Over The Knee Boots Thigh High Boots bluee, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Winter High Heel Women's Booties Leather Scrub Women's Boots Pointed Thick with Martin Boots (color Black, Size 36)Does your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist