If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Charles Philip Shanghai Women's Lizzette Smoking Flat, French Floral, 5 M US allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Dsquared Women's Yellow Wrap Around Ankle Strap Sandals Heels shoes US 10 EU 40, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Sendra Women's JYJY Pull-On Long Boot, Oxblood, 8.5 M US at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Madden girl Digitize Women Silver Heels
- Ellie shoes Women's Devon Sandal
- Spring Step Womens Marinda Heeled Sandal
- Wevans Comfort Leisure Winter Suede Ankle Men's Snow Boots
- Clarks - Amberlee pink - 26132660
- Aldo Castagna Boots Womens Suede Brown
- Rieker Womens D6350 Icess 50
- SWFY shoes Men's Summer Outdoor Leisure Sports Breathable Comfortable Beach Sandals
- Adidas Unisex Adults’ Predator 18.3 Ag J Football Boots
- The Original MuckBoots Scrub Boot
- Docksteps Pasadena, Men’s Low Trainers
- Tan Fabric Aerosoles Womens Market Heeled Sandal
- Nike Men's Zoom REV TB Basketball shoes (7.5 M US, Midnight Navy Metallic Silver-White)
- Vimisaoi Women Classic Fashion Transparent Gladiator Sandals Ankle Buckle Crystal Patent Leather Pointed Toe Stilettos Thin High Heel Dress shoes Knee High Ankle High
- Real Fox Fur Slippers Slides Open Toe Flip Flops Women's Furry Fluffy Slippers House shoes Mule Sandals Slip On shoes
- Sannovo Sketch Medical Women Running Sneaker Girl Flat Lace-up Walking shoes
- Fancyww Women's Ankle Rain Boots Waterproof Slip On Short Rain Booties
- New Summer Fashion Sweet Flower String Bead Beach Slippers Summer Slides Flat shoes for Ladies
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Non-Slip Flat shoes Comfortable Shallow Moccasins Ladies
- U-MAC High Heel Wedge Platform Sandals for Women Casual Soft Charming Ladies Slippers Sexy Wedding shoes
- Summer Slippers Women Kid Suede Girl Mules Flat Heel Fringe Tassel flip Flops
- Women's Open Toe Summer Casual Ankle Strap Wedge Sandals
- Yellow Box Women's Naila Wedge Sandal
- Mens Genuine Leather Martin Boots High Tops shoes Brogues Classic Carving Casual Lace ups Ankle Boots Work Outdoor Hiking Footwear,Brown,43
- Lady Sandals Fashion Women Sandals Summer Boom shoes Heel Sandals Summer Beach Women's Flip Flops Casual Flat shoes Lady Lace Up Sandals
- Sneakers HAIZHEN, Men's shoes, Spring Mesh Breathable shoes, Low-top shoes, Sports and Leisure shoes
- Carrera Jeans Men Black Ankle boots
- Aldo Womens Sevoredia_ Dress Sandal
- Rockport Women's Ch Brunswick Alpine shoes, 6.5 B(M) US, Black Nbk
- Summer Slippers Men's Outdoor Sports Quick-Drying Slippers Beach Casual Non-Slip Sandals Anti-Skid Breathable
- U-Power shoes mod. Colin UF20036 N 45
- White to Purple CAITLIN-PAN Womens 12cm High Heels Pointed Toe Slip On Stilettos Leather Party Dress Pumps Size 5-15 US
- Style & Co Wonder Womens US Size 8 Black Platforms Sandals shoes New Display
- Boots Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Thick Heel High Heels shoes Female Transparent Heel Boots
- SaraIris Women's Open Toe Thin High Heel Back Zipper Cross Belt Frosted Flock Summer Pums
- Caterpillar CAT Footwear shoes - Boots MOE - pod Grey lt. Charcoal
- ROCKROOSTER Work Boots for Men, Composite Soft Steel Toe Waterproof Safety Working shoes
- Adidas Harden B E shoes - Men's Basketball
- Edv0d2v266 Women Lightweight Sneakers Knitted Running shoes Athletic Casual Walking shoes
- Saborz Women Ankle Boots Round Toe Sexy Rubber Med Thick Heel Winter shoes Booties
- Sam Edelman Womens Jayne Heeled Sandal
- HANGGE& Fashion Pointed Toes Pure color Shallow Mouth high-Heeled shoes Woman
- BalaMasa Ladies Chunky Heels Metal Ornament Zipper Imitated Leather Boots
- T-JULY Women's Zipper Boots Snake Print Ankle Boots Square Heel Fashion Pointed Toe Ladies Sexy shoes New Chelsea Boots
- Luoika Women's Wide Width Flat shoes - Comfortable Slip On Round Toe Ballet Flats
- Yellow Box Womens Once Fabric Closed Toe
- AND1 Mens Reaper-m Basketball shoes
- Ahico Mens Winter Boots for Men Snow Boot Hiking Fur Lined Ankle Booties Non-Slip Waterproof shoes Brown
- Schutz Women's Freida Dress Sandal
- Wittner Women's Racquel Heels in Flesh Weave
- Clarks Men's Torbay Lace Casual Lace-Up shoes
- Outdoor Sandals for Men Breathable Summer Beach shoes Closed Toe Walking Fisherman Slipper Anti-Slip Comfortable Casual Fashion Leather Upper Cricket shoes ( color Yellowish Brown , Size 9.5 UK )
- Men's Leather shoes Summer Breathable Hole Flat shoes Slippery Breathable Casual Walking shoes Work Dress shoes
- Dassy Sparta 10009 S3 Midcut ESD Composite SRC Safety Boot
- Official Brand Kookaburra Rampage 500 Cricket shoes Juniors White bluee Spikes Trainers Footwear
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Hand Bag Ethnic Clutches Purse Shoulder Assorted for Ladies by Panchal Creation-40 from Pajar Heritage Winter Boots Ruby Navy Suede Rabbit Shearling was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Wolky Women's Ambrosia Black Metallic 42 B EU to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Panchal Creation Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Indian Vintage Hand Bag Traditional Bridal Clutch Beaded Shoulder Bag potli Pouch Hand Bag Purses Women Purse by Craft Place M -73 of structured cabling, Panchal Creation Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Indian Vintage Hand Bag Traditional Bridal Clutch Beaded Shoulder Bag potli Pouch Hand Bag Purses Women Purse by Craft Place M -21, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, With Sandals Women's Stiletto shoes 41 42 43 Large Size high Heels, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
J. Renee Women's Bambalina Pump gold Fabric Size 8 MAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Rieker Fee 93 Women's Boot (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Nike Womens Puffer Cascade Down Poncho Jacket, Black, Small
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Hotel Disposable Slippers Open Toe Spa Terry Guest shoes - Men Women Non-Slip Slippers,B,80Pari illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The New Balance Womens Motion Control - Footwear Women's Footwear Women's Walking runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Women's high Heel Sandals, Sexy high Heels, Summer high Heels Europe and America Hollow Big Yard Toe shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- I35 Elsah dOrsay Peep-Toe Flats, Black Suede, 6.5 W US, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Aravon Women's Revsolace Flat,Stone,6.5 2E US
- High Heels Women's sandals high Heel Boots Spring Fashion Wine red mesh Boots hollowing Out not Tired Commuter shoes Very Ladies sandals (color Red, Size 36) development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Pointy stiletto spring boots fashion tassel short boots High heels nude boots Martin bootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Boutique 9 Women's Victorie Wedge Pumpof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Fumak 2018 Winter Woman Flat Knee high Boots Genuine Leather Zipper Plush Fashion Boots Women Cow Leather Stretch Boots describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from bluee Olive Bags Letitia Lepard Patent Leather Frame Bag provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Drew Women's Arlene Navy Calf Size 8.5 2AI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Drew Women's Abby Black Croc 10.5 W US (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Rmesor Full Grain Leather Wedges Platform med Heels Sneakers for Women Round Toe Silk Lace up Pink Vulcanized shoes, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Vince Camuto Women's Gravell BootDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist