If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s MUJUN Fashion Tropical Summer Comfort Lightweight Leisure Beach Waterproof Sandals for Men Anti-Slip Outdoor Slippers Microfiber Leather Knitted Straps Rivets Closure allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Beach shoes Men Leather Sandals Slippers Casual shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new FFSH Hiking shoes Men's mesh Sports Off-Road Outdoor shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- - Hogan Men's HXM05201684IGK099Z bluee Suede Sneakers
- Women's shoes Summer Comfort Sequins Rhinestones Sandals Chunky Coarse Heel Open Toe Crystal Sparkling Slippers
- A-LING Women's Casual Faux Fur Retro Tube Martin Winter Boots
- Pit4tk Wedding shoes Female Red shoes Round Shallow Mouth Rhinestone 11CM High-Heeled Bride shoes Adult Gift shoes
- Winter Cotton Slippers Unisex Home Pu Plush Cozy Soft Keep Warm Anti-Slip Indoor shoes
- Refyds-es Watercolor Starfish and Sea Shell Womens Fashion Slip on Low Top Lightweight Canvas Basketball Sneakers
- AllhqFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Low Top High Heels Solid Pu Boots
- Women Pumps, Autumn Med Heel Square Toe Shallow Office shoes for Women
- PointedT The Word Patent Leather Belt with Fashion shoes Baotou Hollow Retro Hollow Thick with shoes
- Nike Air Max 95 OG Mens Running Trainers AT2865 Sneakers shoes (UK 4 US 4.5 EU 36.5, String Total orange 200)
- British Knights Women's Master Lo Trainers
- T-JULY Autumn Women's Wedge shoes Platform Sneakers Casual Walking Increasing Height shoes
- Rieker Women's Study II Calf Length Boots Black
- Skechers Womens Go Step Lite - 14731 Walking shoes
- Superga Womens 2790 Acotw Sneaker
- Cotswold Mens Corsham Chelsea Boot Camel Size UK 7 EU 41
- Step n Style Mens Punjabi Jutti Sherwani shoes Copper Cut Work Zari Khussa shoes Ethnic Designer Footwear
- Peppeshoes Modello Edssero - Handmade Italian Leather Mens color Red Ankle Chukka Boots - Cowhide Patent Leather - Lace-Up
- Nike Men's Fs Lite Run 3 shoes
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Autumn And Winter New Men'S High-Top Breathable Canvas shoes Men'S shoes Fashion shoes shoes Fashion Casual shoes shoes
- Black Leather Alfani Womens Joyy Perforated Ankle Strap D'Orsay Heels
- Sulbha Fashions Jutti Leather Sole with Resham Embroidery Work. Brown
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Fashion shoes Pu Leather shoes Winter Student Casual Cotton shoes Men
- AKU Cliff GTX Sport shoes - Outdoors Unisex-Adult
- MBT Men's Jengo Sport (LE) Walking shoes
- AIYOUMEI Women's Peep Toe shoes Platform Stiletto High Heels Ankle Strap Sandals
- Peach Couture Striped Lightweight Canvas Classic Casual Slip On shoes Sneakers
- Easy Spirit Womens Alita 2 Studded Square Toe Flats
- 1TO9 Womens Unique Platform Low-Cut Uppers Pointed-Toe Black Suede Pumps shoes - 5 B(M) US
- Two Sandals for Women Wearing a New Korean Version of Summer Sandals with one-Word Sequins and Thick Heels
- Yosi Samra Women's Samara Cheetah Pop
- GIY Womens Running shoes Breathable Lightweight Casual Walking Athletic Non Slip Fashion Soprt Sneakers
- Clarks Women's Garnit Lucia Pumps
- WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Solid Round-Toe Pu Zipper Boots, EGHXH108767
- Columbia Montrail Men's Fluidflex X.S.R
- Aerosoles Womens Flower Power Wedge Sandal
- Nike Mercurial Glide II FG Soccer Cleats Purple
- MedzRE Men's Fringe Detail Slip-on Woven Loafers in Leather
- Black Summer shoes Platform Wedge 12 cm Super high Heels Embroidery Flower Hemp Rope Bohemian Sandalias
- Call It Spring Moillan Bootie
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Frida Leather Pointed Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots
- GAOJUAN Men's Snow Boots Leather Fall Winter Boots Booties Ankle Boots Yellow Coffee Brown
- MERRYHE Men Military Boots Desert Combat Boot Tactical Boot Camping Hiking Lightweight Non-slip Men's Outdoor Sports shoes
- WDDGPZYDX Sports shoes Winter Sneakers Men Warm Casual shoes bluee Lace Up shoes Male Leather Solid Flats 39-44
- TYX-SS Leather Men'S Business Casual shoes British Fashion Men'S shoes Leather shoes
- Nike Mens Zoom Mercurial Xi Fk Fc, UNIVERSITY RED BLACK-TEAM RED, 9 M US
- Black Pink Silvery gold Summer Ladies shoes Buckle Elegant Square Heel Women high Heels Sandals
- FOR U DESIGNS Unisex Air-mesh Breathable Lightweight shoes Boys Girls School Campus Sneakers Comfy Wearing No-Slipping shoes Puppy Dogs Cartoon Pattern Size 35-46
- Sunlome Dead Sugar Skull Flower Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- T-JULY Women Platform Wedges Sandals Ladies High Heel Slippers Sandals Flip Flops Beach Summer shoes
- Just XiaoZhouZhou Fur Slippers Open Toe Real Fox Fur Beach Slides Plus Size Mixed colors Women's Furry Flip Flops Fox Hair shoes
- Don't mention the past Genuine Leather Women Flats White shoes Platform Spring Autumn Casual shoes
- QPGGP-boots Martin Boots, Autumn Winter, European and American Wind Sharp Pointed Martin Boots, Women's Fine Side and Side Boots with Side Zippers.
- Women's Denim Pointed Heeled Sandals Trendy Closed Toe Ankle Strap Dress Stiletto High Heel Pumps
- Hoxekle Women Wedges Platform Lace Up Sneakers Air Mesh Round Toe Comfortable Casual Fashion Breathable Walking shoes
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Yoyozi Top Breathable Men Casual Lace-Up Canvas shoes 2019 Fashion Flat shoes from Ghua Sports Comfort shoes for Breathable Flat Sole of New Krasovki Leisure shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a FH Hiking shoes Men's shoes Outdoor Leisure Travel Cross-Country Walking shoes Sports shoes Running shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Sendra Women's JYJY Pull-On Long Boot, Oxblood, 8.5 M US of structured cabling, JaHGDU Spring Soft Split Leather shoes Women Solid color Comfortable Lace Up Loafters Women's Flats Pointed Toe Outside Casual shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-76, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Naot Women's Arataki Flat Sandal, Green, 43 EU 12 M USAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Adidas Terrex Agravic W Pink (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Nine West Women's Qtpie Faux-Leather Dress Pump
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Julian Hakes Women's London Chrome Pewter Mojito shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Finn Comfort Women's Coffee Brown Wool Andermatt 6550 41 M EU US 10 runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Camper Kie K400340-001 Formal shoes Women Black that may be of interest to your District including:
- J. Renee Women's Bambalina Pump White Lizard Print Patent Leather Size 6.5 M, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Spring Step Women's Lorca Beige sandals 40 M
- Bowtie Women Pumps high Heels Pink bluee Women Pumps shoes Woman Slip On development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Adidas by Stella McCartney Women's Adissage W Core Black Core Black Footwear White 6 M USIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Bastien Women's Gisabel Waterproof Winter Boots Blackof 2014.
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from La Canadienne Women's Ilenna Boot provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
PUMA Women's CALI Sneaker, White, 7 M USI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its Alfani Womens Jeules Pointed Toe Classic Pumps, True red, Size 7.0 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by SANDIP MIKEY Cut-Outs Leather Sandals Buckle Woman Slippers Low Heels Sexy Pointed Toe Party Wedding shoes Flat Sandals Dress Pumps, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
DIVINE FOLLIE Cone Heel Boots Leather FringeDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist