If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s JQfashion Women's High Heels Pointed Slim-Heeled Roman Sandals Silver Elegance allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Spring Women Flats shoes Leopard Print Women shoes Casual Single shoes Ballerina shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new JQSM Designer Women Handbag Female Pu Leather Messenger Bag Ladies Portable Shoulder Bag Office Ladies Hobos Bag Totes Bolsos at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Hee Grand Women Flat Fashion Suede Lace-Up Martin Ankle Boots
- Cambridge Select Women's Crisscross Strappy Espadrille Chunky Platform Wedge Sandal
- Chaco Z 2 Classic Men 10 Flare Pine
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Java Heeled Sandal
- Fila Men's Original Fitness Logo shoes Black
- Navy Nubuck Clarks Mens Un Trail Form Sneaker
- MBT Women's Afiya 5 Athletic Oxford
- Bed Stu Women's Artemis Leather Sandal (8.5 M US, Tan Rustic)
- Rieker Men's B4962-14 Slip On Trainers
- Minnetonka Pile Lined Romeo Slipper, Men’s Open Back Slippers
- Mens Saiga ACD333K MONITEX Safety Boots shoes Predected Toecap UK Seller
- San Polo Six Inch Leather Workboots (Coffee Brown) Mens, Handcrafted, Full Grain Leather, Lace Up, Rounded Toe, Thick Sole, Casual, Modern Style.
- Purple Women's Rome Hollow High Heel Sandals Shiny Rhinestone Alien High Heel Slippers Crystal Diamond Slippers
- JOYBI Women's Jeweled Flat Sandals Clip Toe T-Strap Sweet Rhinestones Flowers Elastic Comfy Wide Width Flip Flop Sandals
- Vans M Gilbert Crockett 2 PRO
- Uirend Women shoes Heeled Sandals - Pointed Strappy Stilettos Rivets Ankle Straps Pumps Heels Studded Dress Party Buckle Slingback
- Women's Mesh Fabric Breathable Casual Sneakers Sports Light Running Lace Up Air shoes Outdoor Walking Footwear
- AmoonyFashion Women's Elastic Split Toe No-Heel PU Solid Flip-Flop-Sandals
- J.SKEY Woman Cool-Eminem-Logo- Loafer Skidproof shoes
- Ladola Womens Pointed-Toe Solid Tuxedo Slip-Resistant Urethane Pumps shoes
- AdeeSu Womens Heighten Inside Solid Trekking Imitated Leather Boots
- Rieker Womens Halbschuhe, Schnuerschuhe, blue, 990897-5
- DKNY Elia Pump Classic Pumps, Black Quilted
- MaxMuXun Women shoes Faux Suede Clogs Open Toe Sandals Mid Block Heel Mules
- Senxi Outdoor Hiking shoes for Men and Women Outdoor Leisure shoes 4 color Optional
- New Balance Women's Agility V2 FuelCore Cross Trainer
- Mishansha Men Women Water shoes Quick Dry Barefoot for Swim Diving Surf Aqua Sports Pool Beach Walking Yoga Black 9.5
- PUMA Soccer shoes Evopower Vigor 4 Graphic TT Football Men 104458 01
- Comfortabel Damen Stiefel grey, 961589-9
- MBT SHOE BLACK 700722-03C ALEELA
- Bone Snake Aerosoles Womens Up High Pump
- Beauty-inside Gladiator Transparent PVC Peep Toe Lace Up High Heel Sandals Sexy Dress Heels Stiletto Heel Summer
- ZHRUI Men's Running shoes Sports Sneakers Lightweight Breathable Outdoor Sports Jogging Athletics shoes (color White, Size 9UK=43EU)
- QINGMM Men Breathable Knit Running shoes 2018 Autumn New Cushioning Sneakers Lightweight Fitness shoes
- Men's shoes Feifei Spring and Autumn Movement Leisure Tide shoes 2 Colours (color Black, Size EU 41 UK7.5-8 CN42)
- FuweiEncore Men's shoes, Autumn Winter Business Casual shoes, Comfort British Leather Slippers & Slip-Ons Walking shoes, Plus Cashmere, Wedding Party & Evening (color As shown, Size One size)
- Navy bluee ASICS Men's Gel-cumulus 20 Le Running shoes
- TAOFFEN Women's High Heel Court shoes Bow
- SaraIris Women's Open Toe Thin High Heel Clear Transparent Strap Sandals
- Unm Women's Simple Party Bridal Pointed Toe Dress Booties Stiletto High Heel Ankle Boots with Zipper
- Uieort USA Maryland Garden Flag Womens Lace up Sneakers shoes Casual
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Imitated Suede Pointed-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals
- Family Pajamas Women's Holiday Reindeer Slippers, Red, Large (9-10)
- AdeeSu Womens Travel Closed-Toe High-Top Urethane Boots
- Converse Quilted Nylon Low Women US 8.5 White Sneakers
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This JOYBI Women Girls Flat Sandals Close Toe Lightweight Buckle Wearable Csual Gladiator Comfy Sports Sandals from Gcanwea Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Mules shoes Summer Non-Slip Mid Heels Joker Comfortable Bow Fashion Sequins Simple Ladies gold 4.5 M US Mules shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Be fearless Women Loafers Flat shoes Platform Breathable Woman Sneakers Rhinestone Casual shoes to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust 2019 Summer Women 12cm High Heels Sandals Female Fetish Gladiator Transparent shoes Lady PVC Thick Block Heels of structured cabling, Sandals Women shoes Silver Wedding Sandals High Heels Platform Women Sandals Toe Ladies shoes, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Women's Chunky High Block Heels Oxfords shoes Wingtip Vintage Lace-up Casual Dress Oxford Pump Brogue, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Young Nyjune Women Big Bow Tie Pumps Butterfly Pointed Stiletto shoes Woman High Heels Plus Size Wedding shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Women's Splice Pointed Pearl Buckle Fearless Mid-Calf Boots, Non-Slip Lace-Up Tactical shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- WYMBS Women's Cotton shoes Peas Winter Snow Boots Flat Plush Warm shoes,Black,37
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This RHFDVGDS autumn winter short boots low boots with round head Martin Belt buckle chunky heels retro Joker nude boots UK wind illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Women Summer Sandals Platform Wedge Mid Heel Boho shoes with Ankle Strap runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide WXMDDN Female Dance shoes gold shoes Four Seasons shoes Adult Soft Soles Dance shoes that may be of interest to your District including:
- Laolaooo shoes Womens Casual Comfortable Knot Suede Leather Slip-on Flats Driving Boat shoes Loafers, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Marited' White Anti Cellulite Medical Slimming Sandals Clogs shoes Natural Wood and Leather
- RAINIE002 Sandals Sexy Transparent Heel Crystal Open Toed High Heels Buckle Strapwomen Heels Sandals development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
HEDDK Summer Womens Sandals Waterproof Platform Sandals Bohemian Roman Slippers Casual Sandals Open Toe Beach Slippers Plus Size 35-40If you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Standard Boots for Women Thin High Heel Side Rivets Leopard-Printed Ankle Bootiesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools DeePrint 3D Printed Unisex Sneakers shoes Breathable Sport shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Correction Women Summer Platform Sandals Stylish Thong Flip Flops Ultra Comfort Slippers Toe Loop Flat Sandals provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
JQfashion Women's High Heels Transparent Sexy Fishmouth shoes Pointed Slippers Miller shoes Outdoor SlippersI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its WYMBS Women's Keep Warm Snow Boots Round Head Flat Suede Student Short Boots,Black,38 (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by Adrienne Vittadini Footwear Women's Gunn Slide Pump Black, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Zombie Jessica Summer Roman Sandals Multiple Cross-Strap Tall Knee high Bondage Women Sandals Flip FlopsDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist