If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s Huhuj England vintage short boots for fall winter Thicken Martin boots short women's boots elastic sleeve winter boots women's shoes allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Huhuj Cake Thick-Soled Casual shoes Le Fu Mixed colors Sets Foot in The Fall Women's shoes, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Spring and autumn pointed stilettos Light comfortable work shoes at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Beige cherry JaHGDU Woman Spring Summer Fall Casual Slippers Ladies Series Bow Slip Slippers Cute Cherry Pattern Girlish Comfortable Indoor shoes
- DoraTasia Women's Open Toe Rhinestone Slip-on Sexy Square Heel Slippers
- FANIMILA Women Peep Toe Summer Ankle Booties
- YIXINY Spring And Autumn Men's Casual shoes Wild Running shoes Breathable (color 3, Size EU39 UK6 CN39)
- Bugatti Men's 321502636900 Slip On Trainers
- Adidas Men's Freak X Carbon Mid Baseball shoes, Maroon, Silver met, FTWR White, 8.5 M US
- Nike Men's Air Force 1 Mid '07 Lv8 shoes Gymnastics, Brown (Muted Bronze Metallic gold Summit White 200), 6 UK
- Black XIANGBAO-Personality Simple Men's Loafers Lace Up Genuine Leather Business Oxfords
- TDA LD0033 Womens Cut-out PU Leather Latin Modern Samba Rumba Wedding Dance shoes
- Cloudless Womens Elegant Peep-Toe High Heel Dress Sandals
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Baseball Balls Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Steve Madden Women's Chatter Platform Sneaker
- AmoonyFashion Women's Open Toe Buckle Satin Assorted color High-Heels Sandals
- RTwkvv Funny Balloons Womens Sneakers Lightweight Breathable Mesh Sport Gym Walking shoes
- Clarks Women's Sarla Cadence Flat Sandals
- Woman Ankle Boots Lace Up Round Toe Zipper Antislip Sole Mid Square Heel Platform Fashion Winter Punk Boots
- Adidas outdoor Womens Terrex CMTK Trail Running shoes
- Alfani Womens Ginnii Leather Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals
- XHD- Classic shoes Fashion Men's Casual shoes Matte PU Leather Prom Loafer Lace Up Breathable Lined Strong Outsole Oxfords
- CALDEN Men's Invisible Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Grey Navy bluee Suede Leather Mesh Lightweight Trainer Sneakers - 3 Inches Taller - FD012
- SUADEX Steel Toe shoes Men, Breathable Lightweight Industrial and Constructions Work Safety shoes, Puncture Resistant Composite Sneakers, Black-40
- TSUBO Women's Cellini Wedge Sandal
- DANDANJIE Mens Sandals Summer Walking Sandals Sport Hiking shoes Sweat-Absorbent Breathable Beach shoes
- Black Eagsouni Women Men Anti-Slip Waterproof Ankle Snow Boots Fully Fur Lined Winter Outdoor Booties Sneakers
- QMFUR Women Real Fox Fur Slippers Fashion Slides Flat Glod Soft Summer shoes for Girls (12, Dark Pink)
- Kappa 3 031L40 929 Sneakers Man
- Kiss Men's's Baskets Basses Trainers
- FuweiEncore Men's shoes Leather Spring Fall Loafers & Slip-Ons Driving shoes Lazy shoes Formal shoes Casual Flat Loafers, Black, bluee, Brown, White (color White, Size 42)
- Caterpillar Women's Ally 6 Waterproof CT Boot
- Rongzhi Womens High Heels Chunky Block Heels Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals Zip Heels Party Dress Open Toe Black
- 1TO9 Ladies Studded Rhinestones Metal Buckles Outdoor White Polyurethane Pumps-shoes - 7 B(M) US
- Mila Lady Lisa 1 Womens Lace -Up Chunky Heel Fashion Sandal BLACK 7.5
- Ghssheh Men's Fashion Formal Business Low Heel Lace Up shoes Black 8 M US
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Czech Flag
- Lace Ankle Strap Appliques Glitter Synthetic Closed Toe Women's Tango Ballroom Latin Modern Dance shoes Sandals,Red(Heel 6cm),36EU
- Taupe Smokey Brown Mint Hi-Tec Women's Skamania Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This Wershiny Clutch Purses for Women Evening Bags Shoulder Party Cross Body Handbags Pentagram Star Acrylic Sequins Women's Hand Dress from JQfashion Ladies'High-Heeled Sandals with Hollow Sexy Straps and Pointed Heels of Roman shoes was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a Quality Large Size 32-43 Bling Upper Pumps shoes Women High Heels to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust VIMISAOI Women's Black Fashion Crystal Pendant Pointed Toe High Heeled Boots of structured cabling, Lucksender Womens Round Toe Side Zip Rivet Chunky Heel Short Boots, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, San hojas Purple Flat shoes Bohemia Style Summer Sandals Beach, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Sandals for Women, Gladiator Sandals for Women Platform Sandals colorful Striped Simple Style Summer SandalsAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Men's Fashion Sneaker Men's and Women's Clogs Sandals Casual Beach Daily Holiday Soft Non-Slip Hollow for Water shoes Breathable (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Gcanwea Women's Sexy Rhinestone Butterfly Open Toe Cut Out Mules Chunky High Heel Slide Sandals Sweet Skinny Soft Antiskit Durable Girl Fashion Beige 4 M US Sandals
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This Womens Ankle Snow Boots Winter Warm Fur Booties Chunky Mid Heels Cute shoes illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The Soulength Women Pumps Leopard shoes High Heels Sexy Pointed Toes Wedding shoes Woman Stiletto Heel Office Lady Dress shoes Casual Evening runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide CHENSF Women's Fashion Warm Short Booties Flat Waterproof Faux Fur Snow Boots that may be of interest to your District including:
- LINYI Women High Heels Black Coarse Chunky Heel Artificial PU Sandals Word Buckle Shallow Mouth shoes, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- DoraTasia Leisure Women's Pointed Toe Low Chunky Heel Loafers
- WHW Women's Summer Fall Fabric Outdoor Dress Casual Flat Heel Flower Sandals,Black,43 development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
Privileged Lace up Knee high Sandals Open Toe Stiletto HeelsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Women's Fashion Sneakers Black History Month I'm Black Forever Comfortable Loafers Slip on Casual Canvas Walking shoesof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Tasbon for Women Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Athleisure Sneakers Funny Dachshund in Sweater Walking shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from NZZNB Fashion Ladies Bag Bright Diamond Decorative Tassel Pendant Handbag Splicing Large Capacity Shoulder Bag Charming Satchel Tote Purse Top-Handle Handbags provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
Four- Sweet Pearl Butterfly Crystal Wedge Slippers Women Summer Beach Platform Med Heel Slide shoesI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its LifeStride Women's Roper Espadrille Sandal (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by RAINIE002 Sexy PVC Transparent Boots Sandals Peep Toe Kim Kardashian shoes Clear Chunky Heels Sandals womenwomen Boots 11Cm, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Women Summer Flat Sandals Crystal, False Rhinestone Jewelled Low Heel Platform Open Toe Slingback Strappy Boho Outdoor shoeSize,gold,5MUSDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist