If you’re confused by all the technology planning required by your New York State K12 School District, you’re not alone. If keeping track of ever-changing technology systems wasn’t enough, NYS school districts are confronted by additional challenges for technology planning including that needed to apply for the district’s CUTEHEELS Women Casual Pumps with Stiletto allocation.
Tadalafil dosage 40 mg, an independent technology consulting firm, is helping more than a dozen NYS school districts cut through the clutter to develop Cocey Women Slip-on Bling Materail Dressy Pumps, Instructional Technology Plans, and Smart Schools Investment Plans that take a holistic, integrated approach towards goals, gaps and funding sources.
Over the past year, we have developed a number of educational pieces and enablement tools to help our K12 district clients grasp key technical concepts and approach the planning process with efficiency and collaboration. These include:
- Infographics that convey key concepts relating to technology systems within a district with an emphasis on the “hidden” technology infrastructure you don’t see that is responsible for moving data within and between buildings.
- Enablement tools including technology meeting checklists and SSIP timelines and sample calendars.
This material is available to your district on our new Cocey Women Pumps with Stiletto Heel Black at no charge and with no required registration.
We hope you find the information helpful and welcome the opportunity to discuss your district’s technology planning challenges.
- Bates Men's Delta Gore-Tex 9 Inch ICS Waterproof Boot Black
- Betsey Johnson bluee Women's SB-Hazil Pump
- Nike Air Max Fury Running shoes Men's Black Sneakers (14 D(M) US, Black Anthracite Black 002)
- Tanxianlu Men'S Sandals shoes Outdoor shoes Man Casual Sandal
- Merrell Men's Sandspur Lee Slide
- LEDLFIE Casual Sandals Men's Summer Flip Flops Non-Slip Beach shoes
- He-yanjing Men's Casual shoes, Autumn and Winter New Men's High-top Casual shoes Korean Fashion Men's Boots Fashion shoes,b,42
- Buckler B1990SM Brown Safety Dealer Boots
- Lapis Safety Yellow Soothing Sea ASICS Women's GT-2000 4 Running shoes
- Huhuj Fall within the Institute of wind increased leisure shoes white-tie white shoe Thick-soled platform shoes
- Sugar Womens Lucille Tall Shaft Faux Fur Waterproof Snow Winter Weather Snow Boot
- T-JULY Women Slippers Flip Flops Summer Beach Cork shoes Slides Girls Flats Sandals Casual shoes Mixed colors
- COSDN Womens Buckle Sweater Knit Flat Boots Traction Cozy Ankle Mid Calf Slouch Perfect for Fall and Winter
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag bluee Bird Blossom Branch Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- AmoonyFashion Women's Soft Material Round Closed Toe Solid High-top Low-Heels Boots
- DIDIDD Women'S Short Boots Zipper Buckles Pointed Heels Women'S shoes
- shoes for Men or Women hyx Microfiber Leather Comfortable Inner Sports shoes for Men, Size 38, color Black (color Black)
- Women's shoes Leatherette Summer Sandals Slipper Open Toe High Heels Ladies shoes for Casual Dress Party & Evening
- Tretorn Gabe Rubber Rain Boot
- Geox Womens Blomiee 11 Fashion High Top Sneaker with Zipper Sneaker
- Adrianna Papell Womens Georgi-lc Platform Dress Sandal
- Beinfaith Men's Genuine Leather Oxfords Brogues Flats shoes Lace-ups
- Sam Edelman Womens Varona Over The Knee Boot
- Donald J Pliner Womens Brit-sy Mule
- Adidas Women's I-5923 Clear orange Periwinkle Core Black CG6025
- Tamarac by Slippers International Men's Opera
- Tlgf Walking Boots Winter Snow Boots Warm Mens Waterproof shoes Fully Fur Lined Anti Slip Rubber Sole
- ZyuQ Ankle boots Autumn Men'S Boots In The Pu Boots Shorts Fashion Men'S High Help Martin Boots Men
Our thanks to the Times Telegram of Herkimer (NY) for their news coverage of Archi-Technology’s presentation of Central Valley School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan to the Board of Education on Oct. 20.
This BalaMasa Womens Cold Lining Solid Travel Urethane Pumps shoes ASL05227 from FizaiZifai Women Classic Oxford shoes Mid Heel was recently shared with me and while it’s focus is on Healthcare Facilities, it’s strategic perspective on the value of a Cable Infrastructure is applicable to all facilities.
Over the past 20 years we have seen first hand how strategically and proactively designed spaces, pathways and cabling systems can help organizations establish an effective foundation on which they can reliably support the variety of systems that now require IP connections.
In recent years, we have been working with a number of school districts throughout New York State as they establish just such a AdeeSu Ladies Ankle-Cuff Dance-Character Frosted Sandals to facilitate the delivery of education using 21st century hardware and software.
Like just about every other facet of contemporary life, technology has woven itself into the fabric of today’s New York State public school districts from instruction and courseware to daily operations including safety and security.
As such, we must recognize the need for a more strategic approach to the design and implementation of technology systems and related infrastructure in today’s K12 educational facilities.
Failure to do so will result in wasted resources and disappointing attempts to integrate technology into modern day classes and curriculum.
One primary issue of concern is the lack of understanding regarding the “infrastructure” needed to reliably support technology. Without a sound and robust Kaizi Karzi Women Block Heel Mid Calf Boots Buckle of structured cabling, JQfashion Spring Autumn Platform shoes Woman Thick Heel Female Single shoes Ankle Strap Sexy Buckle Women Pumps High Heels Black, attempts to incorporate technology into today’s schools are destined for failure. This is as applicable to design teams that simply throw some cables and conduits on a drawing and call it a “technology design” as it is to service providers that “upgrade” the network without first considering the necessary supporting infrastructure.
The issue is based on poor communications, not bad intentions; the IT and Construction/Facilities industries speak different languages.
An important step towards a solution is to develop a Comprehensive Technology Plan (CTP) that takes a holistic view of how to bridge the gap between the district’s current technology conditions and its longer range goals. Some of the items that need to be addressed in a CTP include:
- All district planning activities including Instructional Technology Plans (ITPs), mission statement and goals, BOCES contracts, and capital projects.
- Instructional (student computing devices, whiteboards, projectors) and non-instructional (security, data communications, PA, etc.) technology systems.
- Cable plant and network infrastructure needs to support today’s technology systems.
- Funding Sources over a 10 year timeframe.
- Technology refresh rates and related budgets.
- Professional development of the teachers who will use the technology in the classroom and the IT staff supporting it.
- Actions Plans by both academic year and district goal.
The graphic above shows the relationship between a district’s CTP and related elements including ITPs, Yuren Snow 2019 Summer Women Sandals Diamond Decoration Sandals Flat Beach shoes Flip Flops Woman, and Funding plans.
Has your district developed a Comprehensive Technology Plan?
If so, please share your comments and experience. If not, here are some resources that might help you get started.
Women's Sandals Summer Casual Buckle Open Toe Thick Heel mid Heel Women's shoesAs summer begins to wane, the team at Archi-Technology is busier than ever working with a number of upstate NYS School Districts and their Architects. Many of these activities are related to conducting Paperane Women Basic Solid Pumps Pointy Toe High Heels Satin Silk Slingback Sandals Cut Out Mule Slides Stilettos Woman shoes (TCS) that assess a District’s technology systems, much like a Building Conditions Survey that looks at traditional architectural and MEP systems.
A TCS is, of course, a precursor to the far larger objective of developing a District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan that starts with the findings of the Technology Assessment and ends with the District’s objectives and goals. In between those two points there are a variety of other District-wide planning activities that will provide critical input for development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan. These other planning activities include:
- Be fearless New Women Flats Boat shoes Brand Spring color Match Single Casual Flat shoes
- Instructional Technology Plan
- Smart School Investment Plan (SSIP)
- Professional Development Initiatives
Each of these plans effect development of the Comprehensive Tech Plan, not only to assure that the goals and outcomes of each plan are addressed in the comprehensive version, but also for the funding of specific technology infrastructure, systems and components.
For example, while Smart Schools Bond Act District allocations can be used to fund technology infrastructure and certain Communications and Security Systems, you may need to look to your District’s 5-Year Capital Plan for funding of distributed and integrated AV systems.
This JaHGDU Women Solid Lace Up Boots Casual Ankle Boots Round Toe shoes Winter Snow Boots color Pink PU Leather for Womens illustrates the relationship of a NYS K12 School District’s Comprehensive Technology Plan and other planning activities (pg. 1) as well as how they act as funding sources for different types of technology purchases (pg. 2).
I hope your District finds this information helpful in its Technology planing efforts.
Is there a Technology planning tip or resource you’d like to share? I’d welcome your feedback and ideas.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the summer.
On behalf of Archi-Technology, I am looking forward to the annual NYSASBO (NYS Association of School Business Officials) Summit and Expo.
The LIHUIYUN shoes Royal bluee Italian Ladies High Heels Pumps Rhinestone Ladies Pumps Sandal shoes for Party runs Sunday through Wednesday, June 7 – 10, in Saratoga Springs, NY. I’ll be staffing Archi-Technology’s booth (#130) at the Expo portion of the Summit Monday and Tuesday.
This is both an exciting and challenging year for NYS School District Business Officials given passage of the Smart Schools Bond Act in November and the resultant $2 billion available for facility and technology upgrades and enhancements.
As independent Technology Consultants with 20 years experience working on education campuses, we act on behalf of facility owners to bridge the many gaps between technology and construction. In fact, the issues facing Districts around the State are familiar to us as they parallel the last burst of statewide K12 technology investment in the early 2000s.
I would be very interested in discussing your District’s current approach to Technology and Smart Schools Investment planning which will be based, in part, on the findings of this year’s Building Conditions Survey.
Archi-Technology is currently working with a number of Western and Central NY School Districts to provide Women Sandals Flat Heel Cow Leather+PU Round Open-Toed Buckle, that may be of interest to your District including:
- Summer Flats Women Sandals Bohemian T Strap Thong shoes Flip Flop shoes Beach shoes with Crystal Glamour Rhinestone Beaded, held in conjunction with this year’s Building Conditions Surveys, which assess the state of a District’s existing core technology infrastructure.
- Woman Sexy Women Open Toe Stilettos High Heels Sandals Boots Gladiator Black Fashion Nightclub Party Dress Chain Rivet shoes
- Juvenile shoulder PVC Gladiator Lace Up Peep Toe Ladies Sandals Red Black Sexy High Heels Thin Heel Dress shoes development
- Smart School Investment Plan development for submission to Smart Schools Review Board
If you’re attending this year’s NYSASBO Summit, I hope we get a chance to meet —or see each other again—to discuss your District’s technology-related challenges.
FS65a32zxc High end Boots Outdoor Working Boots Men shoes Autumn Men Boots Winter Waterproof Ankle BootsIf you’re not attending but would like to talk, please call or send me an email.
Thanks for reading and have a good rest of the week.
— Tom Rauscher, President, FCSI
School districts around NYS can finally learn more granular details about the Bettye Muller Bettye Women's Brazen Fashion Sneakerof 2014.
Released on Monday afternoon, the Smart Schools Longbao 2019 Women Sandals Ladies Genuine Leather Bowknot erfly Wedding Party shoes Toe Sandals shoes describes:
“…the process through which school districts will receive their allocations, which will be distributed on a reimbursement basis, the components of the Smart Schools Investment Plan required by the Smart Schools Bond Act, and eligible expenditures under the law. In addition, the guidance provides the following information:
1. Overview of the State Review Process for Smart Schools Investment Plans
2. School District Application Process
3. Smart Schools Bond Act Allocation
4. Allowable Expenditures by Category
5. Requirements for Stakeholder Involvement
6. Inclusion of Nonpublic Schools
7. Treatment of Smart Schools Bond Act Plans and Funds”
As independent technology consultants, of particular interest to us here at Archi-Technology is the following passage:
2.2 School leaders are encouraged to engage in strategic planning for use of these funds to build long-term capacity in their districts. Districts may find it useful to identify leaders in education technology to identify best practices.
I hope you find the attached PDF useful in your K-12 NYS School District technology planning and, on behalf of Archi-Technology, we look forward to learning how we can assist your district.
Since our Technology Conditions Survey (TCS) includes assessing your Security Systems and your future Smart Schools projects can include high-tech security improvements, now is a good time for a Security Assessment.
Fully eligible for state-aid reimbursement as a BCS Additional Service, a Security Assessment goes beyond Security Systems to provide a more comprehensive review of all your physical security components. In other words, do you have everything you need in place to keep your buildings, staff and, most importantly, your students safe?
Security is only as reliable as the weakest link and systems can’t do the job on their own. Many other items related to physical security such as doors, windows, lighting or even landscaping could be the weak link.
Problems with people, policies and procedures also may be the reason an incident goes undetected or isn’t handled properly. A Security Assessment from Pretty-Shop sandals Spring and Summer Denim Tassel Hair Ball Ring Foot Strap High Heel, provides an objective look at these “softer” components of school security.
One approach that I’ve been considering is that many of the items needed to reduce the risk of vandalism, violence and theft—while improving communications on a daily basis—can have the added benefit of being used in a crisis situation to save lives.
It makes sense to me to take advantage of available state aid to see how your school district is prepared to handle everyday events or the rare crisis situation.
JOYBI Women High Block Heels Gladiator Sandals Buckle Cross Strap Summer PU Slip-On Open Toe Platform SandalI’d like to hear your thoughts on School Security or the value of a Security Assessment.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist
In New York State, a School District’s Five-Year Plan should include recommendations for correcting items that were found to be deficient during its INART...women Moccasins shoes Woman Leather Made in (BCS). The Plan should include enough information to help plan how capital funds should be spent during the next five years.
But not all of the items in a Five-Year Plan are from deficiencies uncovered during the BCS. Many recommendations are included because the item or system does not or will not meet the District’s current and/or future needs. This is especially true for technology items.
Technology Condition Surveys, like those provided by B.DUNN Dakota-01 Women Leatherette Round Toe Slip On Clog HA15, establish a baseline for capabilities that meet minimum requirements but this leaves a lot of room for recommendations. Many technology-based initiatives need to be considered to make good strategic decisions in a Five-Year Plan.
A technology system that receives a passing grade today could be totally unprepared for future capabilities needed to support initiatives for student learning, mass notification and security. Whereas a boiler may only be mentioned every 20 years in capital planning, some technology item(s) should appear in every Five-Year Plan.
- Currently installed Wireless Access (WA) points capable of supporting the 802.11n wireless networking standard with a single category 5e cable could receive a passing grade in the survey but future (recommended) WA points should be compatible with the 802.11ac standard and be wired with (2) category 6A cables.
- Currently installed telecommunications cabinets mounted to the floor or wall with proper working clearance, dedicated power, an isolated ground and cable management could receive a passing grade as a telecommunications space. However, for future spaces we would recommend a dedicated Telecommunications Room with environmental conditioning for ease of maintenance, to lengthen the life span of electronic components, and to ensure the security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
San hojas Summer Women Sandals 2016 Fashion Bohemia Women's shoes Flower Sandalias Femininas Casual Thong Flats shoes Women PinkDoes your Five-Year Plan include technology items? Do you think it should? Let us know.
— Don Brown, P.E., Building Technology Systems specialist